post #271 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

Yup! Of course you could do packages and tier levels!

Also: I'm starting to wonder if this thread in the thread deserves a thread of it's own, if you'd like to start and host it?? It's gonna get busy! People are liking this remote and your work. Or maybe working with this guy http://squareworld.com/harmony/ it seems a natural fit!

i don't mind keeping it in this thread. although it might get frustrating for people if they have to mine through an entire page of icon-related posts to find other relevant harmony one info.
let's see how busy it gets this weekend. i have a feeling alot of people are going to be programming their remotes over the next few days.
either way, i'll probably end up moving all the files off 4shared. i'm working on a simple site so people can browse through the icons and pull them right off the page rather than downloading the same zip over and over.
will keep you posted.

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkusinnc View Post

Thank you for the logos! Very nice work! How about adding some for the XM satellite channels?

Kirk

kirk,
i've uploaded the first batch of xm radio icons per the list you sent. please let me know how they look on the remote. i've given up taking the time to test them on mine and have merely been relying on my experience with previous icons.
let me know so i can tweak any that don't read well.
,randy

and

post #273 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 07:56 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

i don't mind keeping it in this thread. although it might get frustrating for people if they have to mine through an entire page of icon-related posts to find other relevant harmony one info.
let's see how busy it gets this weekend. i have a feeling alot of people are going to be programming their remotes over the next few days.
either way, i'll probably end up moving all the files off 4shared. i'm working on a simple site so people can browse through the icons and pull them right off the page rather than downloading the same zip over and over.
will keep you posted.

At this point, I think most new owners just want one set of good icons for their remote. I have that set (thanks to you, squareeyes ), so I don't think there will be tons of discussion about icons other than where to get the squareeyes pack everyone is talking about. Maybe you could put a link to them in your signature ("Looking for the famous squareeyes Harmony One channel icons everyone is talking about? Click here!"). However, if people start wanting constant tweaks and different colors/styles, then it may be necessary for a new thread.

But until then, as you said, let's just see how busy it gets before starting a new thread.
post #274 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholmes View Post

At this point, I think most new owners just want one set of good icons for their remote. I have that set (thanks to you, squareeyes ), so I don't think there will be tons of discussion about icons other than where to get the squareeyes pack everyone is talking about. Maybe you could put a link to them in your signature ("Looking for the famous squareeyes Harmony One channel icons everyone is talking about? Click here!"). However, if people start wanting constant tweaks and different colors/styles, then it may be necessary for a new thread.

But until then, as you said, let's just see how busy it gets before starting a new thread.

a link in the signature is a great idea. i'm going to see if i can get the site functioning this weekend and then i'll consider using that url.
also, so you and everyone else knows, i don't plan on creating many or any different styles or colors just yet. i'll focus on expanding the database for now. i will tweak individual icons if they're illegible or look cruddy on your remotes (as i stated in previous posts, i'm not testing all of these on mine).
if i do another style it will be based on multiple requests from different users and i will apply it universally to create an entirely new icon set. let's see what themes harmony comes up with in the future. so far the black back seems to looks nice with all aside from the resize bug in the tron theme. has anyone look at these on the polymer theme yet?

and

post #275 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 AM

squareeyes --

Thanks again for all your work! Would it be possible for you to add these three:
BTN (Big Ten Network)
The Weather Channel
Hallmark (which would make my wife very happy)

Thanks so much,

Dave
post #276 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholmes View Post

Please do not start a new thread. For me, it is so simple to just check this thread and know that I am seeing everything people are saying about the Harmony One.

I agree. Let's keep this talk here.
post #277 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

Also: I'm starting to wonder if this thread in the thread deserves a thread of it's own, if you'd like to start and host it?? It's gonna get busy! People are liking this remote and your work. Or maybe working with this guy http://squareworld.com/harmony/ it seems a natural fit!

I agree in principle, but disagree otherwise.

This is a thread geared towards discussing the Harmony One. The Harmony product line, and the "favorite" icons in particular are not new and favorite icons shouldn't be such a big discussion topic littering the One thread.

That said, I am a Harmony 880 owner that was already planning to purchase a One for the reasons everyone has been talking about (ergonomic redesign, etc.). I had been stalking this thread for information as I waited the One to become available for purchase. As someone that never used favorites on my 880 (not really sure why), all the chatter in this thread, got my attention when I got my One and WOW!

I think squareeyes has the right idea with seeing how much additional chatter comes, or if it quiets down. squareeyes' icons are geared specifically towards the One (with the black background) so this thread isn't necessarily wrong. After an initial flurry of "make me X!" requests, I figure it should quiet down here. I do hope that squareeyes implements some kind of website to showcase his work better -- the icons he's done are absolutely great and certainly has me hooked!

I do think Logitech could/should do better with marketing favorites and making them easier to use. There are some canned logos with the One, but there aren't enough included to be meaningful (unless I'm missing a button to click on in the software somewhere). For a $250 remote control, just selling the One on "universal remote" grounds isn't enough in my opinion. squareeyes has put together some really nice looking icons that I'm sure Logitech could have easily done as well for a real bonus (how many One users will come to sites like these to find custom icons?)

As for the One, as I mentioned, I am a longtime 880 user. I now have the 880 in the bedroom with the One in the living room. The One is a fantastic remote:

- the ergonomic feel of the unit in the hand is much nicer than the 880

- the weight of it in the hand feels better than the 880. I was using my 880 this morning in bed and almost dropped it.

- the feel of the buttons is GREAT! I got used to the layout of the 880 and could generally stop, pause, etc. things by touch, but the One is much better in this regards.

- the charger seems a bit better designed. There are many horror stories about charging the 880 (I originally had an early 880 and had issues too though my current 880 is better). The One has two contacts for charging instead of three on the 880. On the One itself, the contacts themselves are much larger as well.

- the touchscreen. I do kind of wish the left/right buttons to go to the previous/next screens were hard buttons but I figure I'll get used to it. Overall, it's pretty snazzy and easy to use.
post #278 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

squareeyes........
Just want to add my thanks for your icons. I also never used the favorites feature on my 880. Just finished adding some of yours, and they are outstanding!
Only one, so far, that I'd like added is The Movie Channel HD.

Thanks again.
Jack
post #279 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOP View Post

Just picked one of these up tonight at BestBuy. Being a first time Harmony user, I am completely impressed. It works perfectly with the SA 8300 HD Cable Box, Samsung 4669, XBOX 360, and everything else I can throw at it. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great remote!

Is your 8300 HD box a DVR box? I'm a newbie to universal remotes so I just want to make sure the ONE will easily work with the DVR functionality on my 8300HDC DVR box.

For all the faults of the 8300 hdc software, the remote is user friendly enough that my wife can use it without any input from me.
post #280 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

kirk,
i've uploaded the first batch of xm radio icons per the list you sent. please let me know how they look on the remote. i've given up taking the time to test them on mine and have merely been relying on my experience with previous icons.
let me know so i can tweak any that don't read well.
,randy

Randy, They look as good as your other icons --> Perfect!

And thanks for the unbelievably quick turnaround!

Kirk
Cary, NC
post #281 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterman View Post

Is your 8300 HD box a DVR box? I'm a newbie to universal remotes so I just want to make sure the ONE will easily work with the DVR functionality on my 8300HDC DVR box.

For all the faults of the 8300 hdc software, the remote is user friendly enough that my wife can use it without any input from me.

Yeah, it's the 8300HD DVR that I use with WideOpenWest, and it supports the list, ABC buttons, and everything else
post #282 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Squareeyes,
Thanks for all your hard work on the icons. You've really done a top notch job on these. They really make the One look nice. Now if I could only get it to bring me a margarita.
post #283 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflight View Post

Squareeyes,
Thanks for all your hard work on the icons. You've really done a top notch job on these. They really make the One look nice. Now if I could only get it to bring me a margarita.

That's an optional attachment in the works at Logitech! Should be available soon!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #284 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegca View Post

I agree in principle, but disagree otherwise.

I certainly don't want to discourage the creativity, just thought it could stand alone and thrive. As a long time user of Favorites on the 880 this is a revelation in image quality. I am hoping to acquire a One, tomorrow, and join the fun. How and why that will happen I'll explain later. Yes it's a story...

I also kinda liked "squareworld.com" and "squareeyes" it got me as perfect!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #285 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlue72 View Post

squareeyes --

Thanks again for all your work! Would it be possible for you to add these three:
BTN (Big Ten Network)
The Weather Channel
Hallmark (which would make my wife very happy)

Thanks so much,

Dave

latest icons requested have been uploaded. tmc was a trick and had to be redesigned from scratch. there're 3 versions each of standard and hd tmc. let me know how it turns out on the remote.
big ten (his), hallmark (hers), and the weather channel also included along with a whole slew of others. also added to the xm zip.
i won't post any more new today, but if i see any more requests than look for those plus more tomorrow.
also, confirmed that the icon resize bug is present in both tron and polymer themes. my icons will look good in the default diode theme and absolutely horrible on the other two. i'll bring that up with support tomorrow.
i'll also bring up the lack of margarita mixing functionality. i'm a little peeved that this remote does not also prepare food. for $250.00 you'd think it could whip up an egg sandwich or something.
thanks to all for your kind icon kudos. i'm having alot fun tweaking this remote.
,randy

and

post #286 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Order one of these ONEs today from B&H and as it is my first remote of this type, I will be back most likely with questions. I do plan to use the icons by squareeyes for sure....many thanks. Hope you have the Golf Channel in there.
post #287 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Since I downloaded the icons from squareeyes, I feel I should give thanks to him and say that he has done an excellent job! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
post #288 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 02:03 PM

I just got one today! My wonderful wife gave it to me for my birthday! So far I like it. My setup needs some tweaking for sure, but overall it's much better than the URC MX-500 that I currently have.
So reading through this thread, I haven't been able to tell if it's possible to set custom icons for the command buttons. I see how it can be done for Favorites. And I also see that the "A", "B" and "C" buttons get their own graphics. Anyone figure out if its possible to use our own graphics, and not just text?
post #289 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 02:25 PM

squareeyes --

Is it too late to get your name on the ballot for Super Tuesday? I am sensing a groundswell of support here from AVS members!

Thanks again.

Dave
post #290 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitgod View Post

The only minor thing that bugs me about The One is it seems it's just a hair laggy when hitting buttons on the remote compared to my MX500.

Did you lower the delay on your One? See the sticky thread in this forum regarding delay settings for the Harmony series remotes. Mine is virtually as responsive as my MX700 after adjusting some settings.
post #291 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 03:23 PM

I just got a Harmony One and am trying to set it up to control my TiVo HD. However, it's trying to learn the "." button for my digital channels, which the TiVo remote does not have. Does anyone know how I can program the "." into the Harmony One for the TiVo setup? Thanks in advance.
post #292 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbanzon View Post

I just got one today! My wonderful wife gave it to me for my birthday! So far I like it. My setup needs some tweaking for sure, but overall it's much better than the URC MX-500 that I currently have.
So reading through this thread, I haven't been able to tell if it's possible to set custom icons for the command buttons. I see how it can be done for Favorites. And I also see that the "A", "B" and "C" buttons get their own graphics. Anyone figure out if its possible to use our own graphics, and not just text?

happy birthday hbanzon!
so far it appears that the only custom buttons are the "favorites". the graphical a, b and c buttons, as well as xbox 360 and playstation 3 controller buttons are included w/in the harmony database. they are preset and not editable. i also saw a post on one of the forums with tivo "thumbs up/down" graphical buttons coming up under a user's "watch tivo" activity.
i'm hoping that harmony will eventually release a software update that will allow us to edit all of our own custom buttons. i'm not holding my breath though.
,randy

and

post #293 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 04:33 PM

I am very happy with this remote so far and do not expect my opinion to change. What have other owners experienced with battery life so far?

Mine was charged overnight last night and without a lot of use today other than some programming changes the battery indicator is almost at the bottom of the scale.

I can't draw any conclusion yet, but compared to my 880 which would show a full indicator for days, the ONE seems to discharge quickly. Comments?
post #294 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

squareeyes .........
Thanks very much for The Movie Channel HD. It looks great.

Jack
post #295 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstand View Post

I am very happy with this remote so far and do not expect my opinion to change. What have other owners experienced with battery life so far?

Mine was charged overnight last night and without a lot of use today other than some programming changes the battery indicator is almost at the bottom of the scale.

I can't draw any conclusion yet, but compared to my 880 which would show a full indicator for days, the ONE seems to discharge quickly. Comments?

That's unusual. Mine came with an almost fully charged battery. I've been fooling with it a good part of the day and battery charge is still fine.
post #296 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 06:12 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstand View Post

I've noticed that multiple changes & updates seem to drain the battery quite a bit. Otherwise, the battery seems to last several days before needing a charge. Mine originally came with only one green bar showing. After replacing the 880 settings on the One and making several tweaks (about 5 or 6 or so updates), the battery was completely drained. I let it charge for about 4 hours before several friends came over for movie night. Three days later the battery had only drained one green bar. However, yesterday, starting with a full overnight charge, I started further tweaking my One by uploading Squareeyes' favorites icons & further adjusting the delay settings, (again about 5 or 6 updates or so), and the battery has drained considerably. I left it on the charger all afternoon and its back to full strength now.
post #297 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 06:32 PM

Liked: 11
How do you rearrange buttons in the LCD display (e.g. change the order of Tivo buttons in the DVR activity)?

The "Additional Buttons" settings don't agree with my LCD layout for my Tivo. And changing their order has no effect on the One's display. Anyone re-ordered the soft buttons?
post #298 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post

How do you rearrange buttons in the LCD display (e.g. change the order of Tivo buttons in the DVR activity)?

The "Additional Buttons" settings don't agree with my LCD layout for my Tivo. And changing their order has no effect on the One's display. Anyone re-ordered the soft buttons?

Are you sure you're customizing the buttons for the ACTIVITY rather than the Tivo DEVICE? Activities and devices are independent of one another and are customized separately.
post #299 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 PM

Squareeyes my hero I am so setup with channel logos that I now just have this need to fill my last page even though I donot need it haha
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
My Battery is on it's second charge and the first charge lasted 12 days with maybe dz reprograms. My second charge with a few less updates is now on it's last red bar and it's been 12 days again.
Even though the battery has no memory effect I still make sure my first charge was at least 12hours. I do not charge the remote until it's almost down to the end and so far that has worked for any gadgets of mine cell, razor, remote, laptop, mouse, etc
post #300 of 11346 Old 02-01-2008, 07:23 PM
i2k

Picked up the Harmony one. Excellent remote, replaced one of my 720's.
Really need to be able to add custom icons for device buttons though!

i2k

Samsung LED 65" UN65FH6001F
Yamaha AV Receiver RX 673
Mission/Polk Audio speakers
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page