post #3001 of 11343 Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post

Excellent!! Just what I wanted to hear....just hope I don't have to page through too many. I'm sure I'll be able to prioritize though.

yes, if you like, you can move them around...

what i (and i'm guessing most do), is put any "commonly" used commands into whatever activity might use them...

for example, your avr might have hundreds of commands... but there may be only half a dozen that you might actually use more than once in a blue moon... put those half dozen in the activities that use the avr...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 11343 Old 10-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Liked: 10
So I bought a Harmony One yesterday. On the way home from Best Buy I really thought I shouldn't have spent $200 on this thing ($160 because I had a gift card). Was thinking I might take it back tomorrow. The only thing my Cox cable universal remote can't do is switch inputs from cable to DVD. I had to use my Denon AVR remote for that. So $160 seemed a lot to spend just to avoid that.

But after getting it home I'm really impressed with the customization. Channel icons for favorites is really awesome. I told my wife she'd love this remote, but of course the first time she tried to select a channel favorite nothing happened. She's cursed or something. I guess the kid was in the way of the IR.... lol

Anyway, I do have one problem. My Denon AVR-3801 is setup for multi-room. I do 5.1 in the family room, and the multi is stereo to the back patio. I setup an activity called "Music in Back Patio". The AVR is setup as 2 devices. The family room AVR and the patio AVR. "Music in Back Patio" uses the patio AVR device. When I switch to this activity, the AVR turns off. It should remain on but just switch to multi. How can I solve this? Do I have to keep it as one device and just send a custom multi command?

Thanks.
post #3003 of 11343 Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 PM

Far from an expert here, but there's an option to turn off equipment when changing activities. So when you leave your activity using the AVR, it will remain on. Only problem is that if you switch to Watch DVD, the AVR would be on. That may not be a problem though.
post #3004 of 11343 Old 10-17-2008, 01:01 PM

Yes, you will probably have to change your Activities/Settings/Change Options to Leave On Unused Devices for the activities that now turn off the AVR when you switch activity because the remote thinks you have 2 AVR's. It and everything else in an activity can still be powered off when you are done using the Off button in the upper left.
post #3005 of 11343 Old 10-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Thanks I think that's a good way to solve it. The way I'm setup, my AVR should be on for all activities.
post #3006 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 AM

I would like to use my Harmony One to control BeyondTV, and bring the HTPC out of S3 sleep.

What are my options?

Is USB-UIRT an option? Any other USB IR options?

Will any of these prevent the HTPC from going back into S3 state?

I have the Hauppauge HD-PVR - this has an IR receiver, correct? Could I use the Harmony One with that to bring the HTPC out of S3 and then control BTV?
post #3007 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 02:31 PM

Quick question after playing around with this remote: suppose I have an activity to watch TV that turns on the TV and PVR.

But now, I just want to switch on my receiver. I click devices on the touch screen ... but how do I turn it on? When I hit the power button on the remote, the TV shuts off -- I'm guessing it's trying to turn off the activity? Is there a way to get the remote to power individual devices and "exit" the activity mode? (Not sure if that makes sense...)
post #3008 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlonewolf View Post

Quick question after playing around with this remote: suppose I have an activity to watch TV that turns on the TV and PVR.

But now, I just want to switch on my receiver. I click devices on the touch screen ... but how do I turn it on? When I hit the power button on the remote, the TV shuts off -- I'm guessing it's trying to turn off the activity? Is there a way to get the remote to power individual devices and "exit" the activity mode? (Not sure if that makes sense...)

Yes, you hit "devices" and then press the touch screen to select your receiver, you should see 1-8 pages or so of button options for your receiver. find and then hit the power on or power toggle button on the touch screen.

to each his own...
post #3009 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

I have a question for those using it with a cable DVR (IE: the SA8300HD). I know that it has the A, B, C buttons. However does it have the LIST button?

Sure does ... shows up right after A, B, C

Frank
post #3010 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogun View Post

Yes, you hit "devices" and then press the touch screen to select your receiver, you should see 1-8 pages or so of button options for your receiver. find and then hit the power on or power toggle button on the touch screen.

OK -- in the time since posting and now coming back to the forum, I found that. But, still seems a bit odd that there's no "hard" power button on the remote itself. I've been moving the power button to the first page of each device, but still seems weird, since every device obviously has a power button (well, 95% of 'em).

Overall liking the remote so far, though ... very nice.
post #3011 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlonewolf View Post

OK -- in the time since posting and now coming back to the forum, I found that. But, still seems a bit odd that there's no "hard" power button on the remote itself. I've been moving the power button to the first page of each device, but still seems weird, since every device obviously has a power button (well, 95% of 'em).

Overall liking the remote so far, though ... very nice.

There is the hard power off button for all devices.
But if there was such a button for "on" how would the remote know which device you want powered up?

to each his own...
post #3012 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogun View Post

There is the hard power off button for all devices.
But if there was such a button for "on" how would the remote know which device you want powered up?

Well, whichever device is currently selected. I admit I'm still new to this "one remote" concept, but if I select Device -> TV, the volume should control the volume on the TV. If I select Device -> Receiver, the volume should control the volume on the receiver, etc. Same goes for power.
post #3013 of 11343 Old 10-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I received my Harmony One yesterday. Setup was a breeze. Only minor corrections were necessary. I was amazed at how well the initial setup worked. Since then I have been doing even more tweaking and adding more activities for my various devices. It is shaping up very nicely.

A few problems remain:

1) When I switch to "Watch Blu-Ray" after leaving my "Watch HD-DVD" activity, the HD-DVD player remains on, even though I specifically set it to turn other devices off. This only happens in this sequence. Switching to and from other activities *does* turn the other devices off.

2) When switch to any activity, I would like the display to switch immediately to the activity buttons instead of asking if I need help. I did turn this option off for each activity, but it still pops-up on some.

3) My activity icons do not match the activity in some cases (I have a Laserdisc icon for my BD player). If I could change this to a DVD icon, that would be fine. Even better would be to change it to a Blu-Ray icon. I understand this is a popular request, however, and there are none available at this time.
post #3014 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

...When switch to any activity, I would like the display to switch immediately to the activity buttons instead of asking if I need help. I did turn this option off for each activity, but it still pops-up on some...

1. Launch/log-in your Logitech Harmony Remote Software on your PC.
  2. Select the "Remote Settings" tab.
  3. Select the "Display Settings" button.
  4. Turn off the "Remote Assistant" option.
post #3015 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks. I believe I already found this setting but must have quit the software before it was saved to the remote. I changed it and it seems to work!

Another feature I'd like to see added to the software: the ability to Re-Order Devices just like you can with Activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post

1. Launch/log-in your Logitech Harmony Remote Software on your PC.
  2. Select the "Remote Settings" tab.
  3. Select the "Display Settings" button.
  4. Turn off the "Remote Assistant" option.

post #3016 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Hey guys! I just got my remote friday evening and I am just now toying around with it. I think I have figured it out and worked out all my bugs. I do have a question or 2 though.

1. When my receiver turns on for the xbox or the blu ray player, it turns on my zone 2. Can I make it so it doesnt do that?

2. Does it matter which order everything turns on?

Thats all for now but im sure I'll come up with some more as I toy around with this sexy beast.
post #3017 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonal View Post

Hey guys! I just got my remote friday evening and I am just now toying around with it. I think I have figured it out and worked out all my bugs. I do have a question or 2 though.

1. When my receiver turns on for the xbox or the blu ray player, it turns on my zone 2. Can I make it so it doesnt do that?

2. Does it matter which order everything turns on?

Thats all for now but im sure I'll come up with some more as I toy around with this sexy beast.

re 2: maybe. My TV won't let you select an input if it doesn't detect an input, so the source needs to be on first. So in this case, order does matter. In your case, it may not...
post #3018 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Is there a site or a way to replace the device logos with like a picture of the PS3 or Pioneer Kuro, Oppo and etc.
post #3019 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I have a 720 that is getting "tired"... buttons sticking, intermittent operation, etc. Time for an upgrade

Seems like the One is the one...

Has anyone migrated from the 720 (or any other Harmony for that matter) to the One? I know the PC S/W has an option to this. But, how successfully does it work?

Any gotchas?

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #3020 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec325 View Post

I have a 720 that is getting "tired"... buttons sticking, intermittent operation, etc. Time for an upgrade

Seems like the One is the one...

Has anyone migrated from the 720 (or any other Harmony for that matter) to the One? I know the PC S/W has an option to this. But, how successfully does it work?

Any gotchas?

If it works the same way as migrating from an 880, all your devices, their assignments, and your activities should be moved successfully. However, you will lose any of your custom programming, sequences, and icons.

This is what happened to me. A PITA, but worth the effort to move to the One.

Good luck,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
You get to choose any two.
post #3021 of 11343 Old 10-19-2008, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post

Is there a site or a way to replace the device logos with like a picture of the PS3 or Pioneer Kuro, Oppo and etc.

Simple answer, no. Longer answer, go to the Logitech forums (see message #1) and add your voice to the masses that want this. I think you may have already learned about http://www.iconharmony.com for icons for your fave channels?

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #3022 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi All

I am trying to control Zone 2 of my Onkyo 606 with my Harmony One. When I try to learn the zone 2 commmand from the original Onkyo Remote, the Harmony One does not detect it. Pressing any other button on the Onkyo Remote is detected.

Help!
post #3023 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

A few problems remain:

1) When I switch to "Watch Blu-Ray" after leaving my "Watch HD-DVD" activity, the HD-DVD player remains on, even though I specifically set it to turn other devices off. This only happens in this sequence. Switching to and from other activities *does* turn the other devices off.

This is probably due to the inter-device delay being too short on the HD DVD. It is receiving the shutdown signal prior to when it can process it.

Jim
post #3024 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Sooo...I should take a look at the delay settings? I recall seeing that under device options, I believe.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post

This is probably due to the inter-device delay being too short on the HD DVD. It is receiving the shutdown signal prior to when it can process it.

post #3025 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM

I grabbed my cell phone today and shook it to try and wake it up. Anybody else find them selves doing that? Too funny.

jp
post #3026 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJPDC View Post

I grabbed my cell phone today and shook it to try and wake it up. Anybody else find them selves doing that? Too funny.

jp

Yeah, I find myself trying that with the wife sometimes
post #3027 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 06:54 PM

Funny.........
post #3028 of 11343 Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I received my Harmony One yesterday. Setup was a breeze. Only minor corrections were necessary. I was amazed at how well the initial setup worked. Since then I have been doing even more tweaking and adding more activities for my various devices. It is shaping up very nicely.

A few problems remain:

My guess is you have the HD DVD player set up to send the play command when you start the activity and the stop command when you leave the activity. It is sending out the stop command and your HD DVD player takes too long to stop playback, so it doesn't recognize the PowerOff command. Go to your HD DVD activity and click on more options. There should be options for send play on start and send stop on exit. Turn both of those options off and it will probably take care of this issue.

Quote:

2) When switch to any activity, I would like the display to switch immediately to the activity buttons instead of asking if I need help. I did turn this option off for each activity, but it still pops-up on some.

Sounds like you've already got this fixed, but just in case. There are 2 ways to turn off the remote assistant. One is in the options page on the remote itself. This will only turn off the remote assistant until you do the next update, then you will have to turn it off again as the software still thinks you want it on. The other way is to turn it off in the software, that way it will stay off unless you turn it back on in the remote settings, or in the software again.

Quote:

3) My activity icons do not match the activity in some cases (I have a Laserdisc icon for my BD player). If I could change this to a DVD icon, that would be fine. Even better would be to change it to a Blu-Ray icon. I understand this is a popular request, however, and there are none available at this time.

When you first start setting up a watch a DVD activity it will ask you if you want to create a watch a DVD activity, a watch a Laserdisc activity, or someting else (watch media center I think). You probably picked watch a Laserdisc by accident. You can delete that activity and start over again, or I think you can click on the activity and tell it to go through the setup again to change it. At this time there is no watch a Blu Ray option, but it wouldn't suprise me if they add one eventually with the Blu Ray icon.
post #3029 of 11343 Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

My guess is you have the HD DVD player set up to send the play command when you start the activity and the stop command when you leave the activity. It is sending out the stop command and your HD DVD player takes too long to stop playback, so it doesn't recognize the PowerOff command. Go to your HD DVD activity and click on more options. There should be options for send play on start and send stop on exit. Turn both of those options off and it will probably take care of this issue.

Well without changing a thing, I tried running through this sequence again and it worked! I repeated it later on and it worked again. It is possible I just didn't leave the remote pointed long enough before.

Quote:
When you first start setting up a watch a DVD activity it will ask you if you want to create a watch a DVD activity, a watch a Laserdisc activity, or someting else (watch media center I think). You probably picked watch a Laserdisc by accident. You can delete that activity and start over again, or I think you can click on the activity and tell it to go through the setup again to change it. At this time there is no watch a Blu Ray option, but it wouldn't suprise me if they add one eventually with the Blu Ray icon.

The strange thing here is I do not recall having the correct choice when setting up the default "Watch a movie". It just assumed I meant Laserdisc. I had to associate my BD-Player with the Laserdisc just to continue the initial setup. Not to worry, though. Everything is working correctly, aside from having the incorrect icon.
post #3030 of 11343 Old 10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushibilly View Post

Hi All

I am trying to control Zone 2 of my Onkyo 606 with my Harmony One. When I try to learn the zone 2 commmand from the original Onkyo Remote, the Harmony One does not detect it. Pressing any other button on the Onkyo Remote is detected.

Help!

Add a new receiver "Onkyo TX-SR606 (zone 2)" to your devices. Then make a new activity. Remember to check the choice to leave other devices on. Otherwise when you go to the zone 2 activity, your other devices will be turned off.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page