post #331 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 View Post

I went to my local CC today and picked up a Harmony One for 149.99. Dont know if its a mistake but I left there feeling like I stole something

I am having issues when turning my Pioneer 5080 on. I mean it turns on OK but does not want to switch inputs. Any ideas?

Does "Help" fix the problem?

If it does, you'll probably need to increase the Power On Delay for the 5080.

If it doesn't, then the input commands are probably incorrect. Check them in Device mode and assign the correct ones using "Adjust Inputs"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRiS1 View Post

After a post I found on SlickDeals, you guys might want to try your local Circuit City.

I just called my local CC (Las Vegas) and the associate told me no stores in the valley had them in stock but the price was 149.99.

I just picked one up for $149 and got BB to price match it.
post #333 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post

Great deal...Just curious, if you got one for $149, why did you go to BB to get a price match?
post #334 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by czzer View Post

If it doesn't, then the input commands are probably incorrect. Check them in Device mode and assign the correct ones using "Adjust Inputs"

The help function does not fix the problem. I am running it again now. I did choose the correct (i think) inputs below:

# To go to "Tuner", the remote will send the command 'InputTV INPUT'
# To go to "Input 1", the remote will send the command 'InputVideo1'
# To go to "Input 2", the remote will send the command 'InputVideo2'
# To go to "Input 3", the remote will send the command 'InputVideo3'
# To go to "Input 4", the remote will send the command 'InputVideo4'
# To go to "Input 5", the remote will send the command 'InputVideo5'
# To go to "Input 6", the remote will send the command 'InputVideo6'
post #335 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post

If you just picked one up why were you posting in this thread earlier this week complaining about how it was a poor design??

Your credibility is showing
post #336 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 PM

Just picked up 8 today at my local CC. Had to go to 3 different ones. If anyone is wanting one for a decent price hit me up. They are going on ebay as soon as i get a chance.
post #337 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
if anyone happens to catch them listed at that price on the cc site or in a printed or pdf promo then please post the news here. bb offers a 30-day price match for competitors' listed or advertised prices. it would certainly be nice to put that $100 back in my pocket (or re-allocated at bb).

follow icon updates, av & remote info on facebook and twitter.
http://www.iconharmony.com
post #338 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:15 PM

I can confirm that CC has it for 149.99. I read this thread and went to CC in South Lake, TX and bought it. It was the only remote that did not have a price so I took it up to the register and it rung up at that price. They also had multiple on the rack. Nice Deal! Thanks!!!
post #339 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 PM

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this or not, I picked up a few extra.
$185 + shipping ($5-10) + paypal fees
I will even give you the receipt so you can get the 10% rebate
just message me if interested
post #340 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylucky View Post

Fantastic! Thank you. Did they acknowledge it as an issue? My thoughts are that it's a bug with the "Play a Game" activity... someone probably accidentally duplicated a function call to put the icons on the screen. I haven't been able to get duplicate icons with any other activity. At least yet

I'll give them a call also, just to get another ticket in their system. Hopefully this can be easily fixed with either a FW or SW update.

he did acknowledge it was a bug. he did not sound as if he had heard of the issue before. it'd be terrific if you could contact them too so that they know your specific problem. i did mention to him that another forum member had the same issue. oh, and when you call you might want to have your harmony desktop software open to that activity's button set and your remote open the same. i walked him through the specifics of which pages were off between the two.
please keep posting on the issue as you find out more. i'll do same.
thanks,
r

post #341 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm10541 View Post

If you just picked one up why were you posting in this thread earlier this week complaining about how it was a poor design??

Your credibility is showing

It's far from perfect, but the 880 is worse, which is what I had for three weeks prior. I still hit the wrong button on the LCD 50% of the time. But dealing with five remotes that don't light up is worse than the frustration with the touch screen.
post #342 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this or not, I picked up a few extra.
$185 + shipping ($5-10) + paypal fees
I will even give you the receipt so you can get the 10% rebate
just message me if interested

i'm not interested in purchasing one, but did want to say that that is very cool of you to do!
,r

post #343 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Squareeyes..Just became a member after purchasing a Harmomy one today. I just found your posts and would like your collection of high-res channel icons for the Harmony one. Could you point me in the direction to download these, Thanks!!
post #344 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

Well, now my story, as if you cared...

I got my One today!

Some of you may have received an email from Logitech asking about your experience with Harmony Remotes. The first 100 responders would get a $50 coupon for the Logitech Store. I wrote a story and submitted it and got said coupon. Got a Wave Keyboard Set. Figured I could do better for the One on Amazon or Best Buy. Well I don't have to. A few days to a week after I submitted I got a phone call from Kristin with the ad agency for Logitech. They loved my story and were interested in me coming to a studio in LA to be interviewed, I'd get $100 for my time and rights. I thought it'd be fun so I said yes. Long story short I went in today and was previously offered the opportunity to trade my cash offer for a One.
The interview/taping was fun and it (if I didn't break the camera) will be on the Logitech site in a few weeks. They are interviewing other folks too.

I'll have time to play with the One later today!!
My fifteen minutes are ticking!

that's pretty cool joe! let us know when the video goes live so we can see your best max headroom (did i just date myself).

i received a message today that a harmony support rep directed a forum member to d/l the icons i created for their favorites...

hey harmony, when do i get my free remote! if you send me a 1000 i'll start making icons for that one too!

,r

post #345 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnash View Post

Squareeyes..Just became a member after purchasing a Harmomy one today. I just found your posts and would like your collection of high-res channel icons for the Harmony one. Could you point me in the direction to download these, Thanks!!

you got it cbnash,
as i've mentioned many time before... if you don't see an icon that you're looking for, just let me know and i'll at it into a future update.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/5512167/4...e/sharing.html

post #346 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

if anyone happens to catch them listed at that price on the cc site or in a printed or pdf promo then please post the news here. bb offers a 30-day price match for competitors' listed or advertised prices. it would certainly be nice to put that $100 back in my pocket (or re-allocated at bb).

I can confirm that CC has them for $149.99! My father in-law & I went to CC after reading about the price in this thread & found out it is true! I brought my BB receipt & the CC receipt to BB & they gave me back the difference. I hope this helps you guys, go snag them up quick it was the last one when we got there.
post #347 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

you got it cbnash,
as i've mentioned many time before... if you don't see an icon that you're looking for, just let me know and i'll at it into a future update.

First, thanks for the great icons! Real works of art..look great! One minor nitpick...on a couple of the icons I chose (Headline news and HGTV HD) I noticed the "news" in Headline News is really hard to read and the V in HGTV had some alias artifacts.

In the CNN HD News the botton line of the D E and S look a touch odd. I think its probably a poor job of the Harmony resizing the graphics since your originals look perfect. Do you think the master images could be adjusted so the downrezed versions come out better?
post #348 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 PM

Have had the remote just a few days and love it.. So far the battery life is doing well updated a few times and still at 2/3. Read somewhere here about the battery indicator turning orange in color when it needs charging is that true or do you just wait till it has a pinch of green left prior to charging. Or is there a low battery indicator like my old 676? Thanks just wish I would have waited three days and took advantage of CC price. Can not believe that can not be some sort of mistake $100 cheaper :O. If this is not a mistake will have to get them to price match. I do not have to carry unit in just the reciet right.
post #349 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 06:44 PM

I saw the thread earlier in the day regarding the $150 and went to three different Circuit City stores and only found one. I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to have them price match with my receipt.

Luckily I haven't had time to mess with it, I'll return it if they don't do the pricematch.

Hopefully tomorrow during all of the pre-game, i'll get a chance to sit down and program this thing!
post #350 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcot View Post

Have had the remote just a few days and love it.. So far the battery life is doing well updated a few times and still at 2/3. Read somewhere here about the battery indicator turning orange in color when it needs charging is that true or do you just wait till it has a pinch of green left prior to charging. Or is there a low battery indicator like my old 676? Thanks just wish I would have waited three days and took advantage of CC price. Can not believe that can not be some sort of mistake $100 cheaper :O. If this is not a mistake will have to get them to price match. I do not have to carry unit in just the reciet right.

For all LGT products I have bothered researching the street price always ends up being significantly lower than MSRP so I was more surprised that everyone was willing to run out and get it at almost 250. Luckily price came down fast and most of the ppl here should be able to pricematch things.
Battery indicator will go into a red/orange bar for the last bar and eventually there will be a warning popping up to remind you of low battery and requiring a charge
post #351 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

I saw the thread earlier in the day regarding the $150 and went to three different Circuit City stores and only found one. I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to have them price match with my receipt.

Luckily I haven't had time to mess with it, I'll return it if they don't do the pricematch.

Hopefully tomorrow during all of the pre-game, i'll get a chance to sit down and program this thing!

let me know if they give you the difference. as far as i know they only price match if the competitor's price is listed online or in a printed circular.
if i can find one for $150.00 at a san diego cc and bb doesn't price match then i will certainly take advantage of bb's 30-day return policy too.

post #352 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 07:20 PM

For those of you in Canada that wants one of these, I ordered mine from cdw.ca on Thursday (Jan 31st) and received notice today that it's now shipping. I should have it Monday morning.

The price isn't as good as some of our friends to the south are getting at CC, but $190 CAD I can live with, especially since last Monday I was seriously considering a Pronto TSU7000/7500 at $400 off eBay!
post #353 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:

you got it cbnash,

Thanks squareeyes! Also I put your link in Post #1 for a bit of ease as we go forward. I'll clean up that post as needs warrant. Tell me when you get a new host...

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #354 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm hoping they will use my receipt as proof of the lower price. If you would like to try, I can scan my receipt and email it to you. I'll definitely let you know.

Quote:

let me know if they give you the difference. as far as i know they only price match if the competitor's price is listed online or in a printed circular.
if i can find one for $150.00 at a san diego cc and bb doesn't price match then i will certainly take advantage of bb's 30-day return policy too.

post #355 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

I'm hoping they will use my receipt as proof of the lower price. If you would like to try, I can scan my receipt and email it to you. I'll definitely let you know.

yes please.

post #356 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by czzer View Post

Thanks again for the help....I had to learn these functions on the new remote but now it works fine
post #357 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:

yes please.

I'll also post when the video airs (unless I'm on the cutting room floor, then I'll sulk).

A couple of more requests KCET 28 and KOCE 50 two PBS stations. I thought I could get away with using the logo but they wound up next to each other in my list.
Now that I'm using the One and your icons...WOW!!!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #358 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 PM

I saw this post and went to my local CC (Orland Hills, Il) and picked one up for the $149.99 price. There was no price tag on the rack where they were hanging and when I had the sales guy do a lookup, it came up $149.99. Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.
post #359 of 11343 Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm in San Diego and picked one up at the Carmel Mountain CC today. There was one left on the shelf. BB price matched me on the one I got last month, which qualified for the 10% rebate.
post #360 of 11343 Old 02-03-2008, 05:04 AM

squareeyes..thank you so much, these icons are so great looking!
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page