Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #811 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone run into this before, either with the One or with one of the earlier models? I went to pick it up out of the cradle yesterday and the screen end was hot to the touch; also, there was a black circle on the right side of the LCD screen. Further, it didn't appear to be holding much in the way of a charge. Eventually, when I removed and replaced the battery that seemed to clear up the problem -- the black spot went away immediately, and it seems to be charging correctly -- although since it's only a week old I already have a replacement en route from Amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've read the sticky about speeding up the slow default response times, but I'm still having a problem specifically with my 2 Echostar HD DVR's (ViP 622 & ViP 722).

There are no problems with turning on/off the DVR's. Associated activities start-up and shut-down appropriately and in a timely enough fashion.

My problem is with relatively slow, sluggish response either with channel changes or menu/guide navigation.

My current setting (for both boxes) are as follows:

Power on delay: 1500
Inter-key delay: 0
Inter-device delay: 500

I should also note that these are the same settings I had on my previous H688 and the response time was immediate/perfect.

I don't see how adjusting the power-on delay or the inter-device delay could rectify my issue (If I'm wrong, please correct me). My problem seems to be related to the inter-key delay, but I can't make it any faster than "0" can I?
post #813 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

On my 622 I have both the inter-key and inter-device delay set at 0.
I also have the number of repeats set to 1. Reducing the number of repeats really sped up the channel changes using favorites, so I think that's the key.

With those settings, I'm happy with the response time.

Rob
post #814 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 AM

Is there a place you can go to check what devices are supported by the Harmony without going through the setup software? Like an online device database?
post #815 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

madpony,
I don't have the software in front of me, but I believe it will be under your "device" setup for the satellite/cable box. Under "Advanded Setup" on one of those sub-pages it asks for the convention of channel input. One of those options is something like "input channel numbers and enter".
I hope that helps you out.
,R

Very much so. Thank you. Also, thank you for the awesome logo icons
post #816 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 10:43 AM

The following was posted today on Logitech's website:

The Harmony datacentre is currently off-line due to a networking error. We expect this issue to be resolved within the next 4 hours.

We strongly recommend that you try again later today. However, if you need to make changes now then you can use our web based version of the setup software by opening a web browser and going to http:\\\\members.harmonyremote.com\\easyzapper

Note: When updating your remote using the web based version with Internet Explorer , the update will be stopped and a yellow banner displayed at the top of the browser window. Click on the banner and select "Download File" . A download window will be displayed. Click "Open" to continue.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Peter
Logitech Harmony Support
post #817 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM

I am having an issue with my "watch tv" activity hopefully you guys can help with....

Originally, I believe I had my tv (Sony KDS-60A3000) as 2nd or 3rd in the chain of components to turn on by this activity. When I hit the button, the tv did not power on. I went into the software and made the tv the first to power on, and it still will not turn on. I have to use the "help" button to get it to come on after the other components have been powered on.

Is this simply an issue of needing to increase the power on delay, due to my tv being an SXRD rear projection? Thanks, guys.
post #818 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by girdnerg View Post

On my 622 I have both the inter-key and inter-device delay set at 0.
I also have the number of repeats set to 1. Reducing the number of repeats really sped up the channel changes using favorites, so I think that's the key.

With those settings, I'm happy with the response time.

Rob

Can you explain what the number of repeats refers to?

Thanks

Dave

post #819 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

From the logitech site;

What are 'Repeats' when sending an infrared (IR) command?

Due to potential problems receiving the IR from the remote control, many devices require they see multiple "repeats" of data before they recognize a command as being valid. This threshold can vary between manufacturers, and even devices by the same manufacturer. The Repeats setting specifies how many times the remote should send a command, which is normally between zero and five.

You get to this setting by going into the device>trouble shooting> (device)responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally. Then choose the number of repeats. Supposedly, the lower the number, the faster the remote will be. My DVR will works with a repeat setting of 1, while my TV requires a 3. If I set the TV below 3, it stops responding.

The sticky at the top of this forum (harmony slow response) has more discussion.
post #820 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpony View Post

I am having an issue with my "watch tv" activity hopefully you guys can help with....

Originally, I believe I had my tv (Sony KDS-60A3000) as 2nd or 3rd in the chain of components to turn on by this activity. When I hit the button, the tv did not power on. I went into the software and made the tv the first to power on, and it still will not turn on. I have to use the "help" button to get it to come on after the other components have been powered on.

Is this simply an issue of needing to increase the power on delay, due to my tv being an SXRD rear projection? Thanks, guys.

Hmmm. I have a KDS-55A3000 and the standard settings in the Harmony database are working fine. I *think* the TV has a period of time between "power on" and "picture on" that requires a fairly long delay before any TV settings are adjusted but that doesn't sound like your issue.

Frank
post #821 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by girdnerg View Post

From the logitech site;

What are 'Repeats' when sending an infrared (IR) command?

Due to potential problems receiving the IR from the remote control, many devices require they see multiple "repeats" of data before they recognize a command as being valid. This threshold can vary between manufacturers, and even devices by the same manufacturer. The Repeats setting specifies how many times the remote should send a command, which is normally between zero and five.

You get to this setting by going into the device>trouble shooting> (device)responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally. Then choose the number of repeats. Supposedly, the lower the number, the faster the remote will be. My DVR will works with a repeat setting of 1, while my TV requires a 3. If I set the TV below 3, it stops responding.

The sticky at the top of this forum (harmony slow response) has more discussion.

Thanks...one more thing to tweak.

By the way, for those of you with a remote haveing a narrow angle of effective IR beam, mine can be pointed way off axis and still be effective as long as nothing is obstructing the line of sight. Including, yes, pointing it at the ceiling...

Dave

post #822 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I noticed that the H1 changes my QAM stations (ie 71-1) very slowly.
It methodically inputs it on screen 1 # & character @ a time after a 1-2 second delay.

Anyway I can resolve this?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
post #823 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM

SquareEyes, the icons you've created are wonderful! Thanks so much for making them available. If you're still taking requests and haven't burned out on this, here are a few more that would be useful:

Mid-Atlantic Sports Net (MASN)
HBO West HD
SHowtime Too HD
Sowtime HD West
Cinemax HD West
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz HD West
Starz Kids & Family HD

All but the first are part of DirecTV's mpeg-4 HD lineup for the premier channels.

Again, thanks!
post #824 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Hey guys does anyone know if an harmony two or whatever they would call it is coming? I'm talking about an IR/RF remote with an RF extender like the 880 and RF890.
post #825 of 11343 Old 02-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post

SquareEyes, the icons you've created are wonderful! Thanks so much for making them available. If you're still taking requests and haven't burned out on this, here are a few more that would be useful:

Mid-Atlantic Sports Net (MASN)
HBO West HD
SHowtime Too HD
Sowtime HD West
Cinemax HD West
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz HD West
Starz Kids & Family HD

All but the first are part of DirecTV's mpeg-4 HD lineup for the premier channels.

Again, thanks!

Linda,
I'll add'em to the list.
,R

follow icon updates, av & remote info on facebook and twitter.
http://www.iconharmony.com
post #826 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post

Hey guys does anyone know if an harmony two or whatever they would call it is coming? I'm talking about an IR/RF remote with an RF extender like the 880 and RF890.

Nothing announced, but probably safe to assume they'll arrive eventually and I wouldn't be surprised if some Bluetooth capability shows up too, especially now that Blu-ray has won and the PS3 is still the best overall value in BR players.

I'm working on getting my Nyko IR remote dongle set up with the H1 to control my PS3; still needs smoothing out.

I'm shocked AND odd.
post #827 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

I noticed that the H1 changes my QAM stations (ie 71-1) very slowly.
It methodically inputs it on screen 1 # & character @ a time after a 1-2 second delay.

Anyway I can resolve this?

I had this same problem. You'll have to play with the inter-key and inter-device delays. On my TV and Dish receiver I set them both to 0ms. Then reduce the number of repeats to the minimum that will still allow the device to respond. I had to leave my TV repeats at the default of 3, but was able to reduce the Dish receiver repeats down to 1.

The Dish receiver is blazing now when using favorites. The TV is respectable, it's about as fast as I could change the channels manually.

See my posts above about repeats if you don't know what they are. The sticky at the top of this forum is also a read about how to fix slow response.

Rob
post #828 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM

Do any retailers in Canada have this yet? Hopefully one in the Toronto area.
post #829 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zbachelor View Post

Do any retailers in Canada have this yet? Hopefully one in the Toronto area.

I ordered mine from CDW on the 31st (Thursday) and received it on the 4th (Monday). They are an online retailer but I still had it in one business day.

The $212.00 price isn't bad either.
post #830 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone else encountered problems teaching new IR commands through the H1? I believe it may be a software glitch as sometimes it works perfectly and other times it absolutely refuses to recognize any IR signal coming through the receiver window.
I haven't found a constant factor that would explain why it works seamlessly sometimes and not at all at other times.
Help!
,R

post #831 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Hey Randy,

I posted about this either in this thread or the RC thread. Tier 2 tech support told me they are aware of the problem and is caused by other electronic devices causing interference. Tech support asked if i was using a laptop or desktop, how far from the tv and other components as well as how far from the microwave, etc.

Once i told him that I wasnt near anything other than my laptop he told me to unplug the laptop from the adapter and stretch the cable as far away as possible. I've done it several times like this since and have not had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

Has anyone else encountered problems teaching new IR commands through the H1? I believe it may be a software glitch as sometimes it works perfectly and other times it absolutely refuses to recognize any IR signal coming through the receiver window.
I haven't found a constant factor that would explain why it works seamlessly sometimes and not at all at other times.
Help!
,R

post #832 of 11343 Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

Hey Randy,

I posted about this either in this thread or the RC thread. Tier 2 tech support told me they are aware of the problem and is caused by other electronic devices causing interference. Tech support asked if i was using a laptop or desktop, how far from the tv and other components as well as how far from the microwave, etc.

Once i told him that I wasnt near anything other than my laptop he told me to unplug the laptop from the adapter and stretch the cable as far away as possible. I've done it several times like this since and have not had a problem.

Man, that is one temperamental SOB! I feel like I'm adjusting a pair of old rabbit ear antennae! I doesn't help that I have half a dozen electronic devices plus 3 wireless devices sitting w/in a meter of the computer.
Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying to get this right.
[Edit]
Yup! Unplugging all and going into the dining room with it did the trick.
Thanks again!
,R

post #833 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBee63 View Post

I ordered mine from CDW on the 31st (Thursday) and received it on the 4th (Monday). They are an online retailer but I still had it in one business day.

The $212.00 price isn't bad either.

Hey,

I treid calling CDW and they realized that they had a price error, and would not honor what you paid.

Here is the link of the new price..
http://www.cdw.ca/shop/products/defa...px?EDC=1391633

I got mine in the end, from a local member. Not as cheap as you paid, but still resonable and atleast I have it now!

BTW, I love it so far....I just need to start uploading some icons.
post #834 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zbachelor View Post

Hey,

I treid calling CDW and they realized that they had a price error, and would not honor what you paid.

Here is the link of the new price..
http://www.cdw.ca/shop/products/defa...px?EDC=1391633

I got mine in the end, from a local member. Not as cheap as you paid, but still resonable and atleast I have it now!

BTW, I love it so far....I just need to start uploading some icons.

I ordered mine at this place. I'm still waiting for it though.
http://www.1click2computers.com/prod...34&from_dist=E
post #835 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Randy,

How about an icon for Shop NBC. Its for the wife, no really it is . Any plans for some more local affiliate logos, like Chicago?

Thanks,

mike
post #836 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 AM

I live in Toronto, ordered my Harmony One at the end of January and got it this week. I used directdial.com. I had never ordered from (or heard of) them before, and it wasn't smooth sailing (they had "600+" of them in stock when I placed my order, but the remote magically went back-order 3 hours later (they sent me an update)).

Anyway, I noticed that there are two price points for the remote in Canada -- sub-200$, and 300$+. DirectDial sold me mine for 184$, but now they list it for 260$ "call only".

Other sites -- ncix, Tiger Direct, and a couple others were listing the remote for 300$+ when I ordered mine for 184$ from Direct Dial.

I have the feeling Logitech messed up their release in Canada and announced the wrong MSRP originally...
post #837 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 AM

Looking for the Nyko PS3 Remote in Toronto.

I have checked a few EB's with no luck. Can you guys let me know, what EB you got yours at or another retailer?

thanks.
post #838 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM

Randy, if you get a chance sometime, would you please consider adding NWCN to the list? It's sort of a regional cable Headline News for the Northwet - especially handy during interesting weather, volcano explosions etc.

The link is their website; I haven't found a completely-clear logo image but you can probably derive one from their site header without too much trouble.

Thanks again for all your work on these.

I'm shocked AND odd.
post #839 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Following up: thanks again for your tips about how to enter the - symbol into the H1 for my Panny plasma. Worked like a charm; now I can tune in the QAM HD channels properly.

Very helpful.

I'm shocked AND odd.
post #840 of 11343 Old 02-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInPT View Post

Randy, if you get a chance sometime, would you please consider adding NWCN to the list? It's sort of a regional cable Headline News for the Northwet - especially handy during interesting weather, volcano explosions etc.

The link is their website; I haven't found a completely-clear logo image but you can probably derive one from their site header without too much trouble.

Thanks again for all your work on these.

added to the list.
it may be a little ways out before it's in an update, but i will get it- and all other requests- in the works. i'm a little behind the eight ball and have just over 1000 unique requests that have come in from around the globe. (by unique, i mean i've accounted for duplicate requests. and that's over 1000 in addition to the icons i already have posted).
yikes.

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page