post #9751 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by paligap View Post

I guess I'll have to go the other route (teaching the commands manually) because when I contacted Logitech and requested batpig's codes, this was their response:

I understand that you are having issues with your Denon receiver using Harmony One remote. You mentioned that you wanted to copy the commands from the "batpigworld" account. I can imagine how frustrating it is. I can help you resolve this issue.

Our records show that your account is already out of support which means that we will not be able to make changes for you. We have a dedicated team that handles accounts that are already out of the 90 day free support. Should you decide to contact them, please click on the link below:

The link sends me to a terms and conditions page, and I couldn't find a way to request paid support, even if I wanted to do that. So much for helping me resolve the issue.

Sorry to hear that. They've been charging for phone support outside the 90 day window for some time, but I have never been charged for email support requests to add commands to my library. The last time I did it was about a year ago, so maybe they have tightened up on the email support as well.

What is the charge? Principles aside, it may be worth it to get your library augmented.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 382
See how to add pronto hex in my sticky tips thread. You should be able to add all batpig's commands that way regardless of your support status. It's also trivial to add them via learning from an inexpensive JP1 remote ($5-$15). I've added several hundred commands to harmony that way.
post #9753 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My Harmony One is working pretty well considering how bad I am at this stuff. When I tap Sat. on my remote my projector, receiver, and sat. all come on as they are supposed to, but, very shortly thereafter the projector starts to power down. To stop this I have to hit the help button which powers the projector back up before it completely shuts off to cool down.

I am selecting on/off as Toggle in the Harmony One software device IR learning, as the projector has a single on/off button which I assume is a Toggle button.

I would appreciate any ideas as to what I am doing wrong. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks-
post #9754 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paligap View Post

I guess I'll have to go the other route (teaching the commands manually) because when I contacted Logitech and requested batpig's codes, this was their response:

I understand that you are having issues with your Denon receiver using Harmony One remote. You mentioned that you wanted to copy the commands from the "batpigworld" account. I can imagine how frustrating it is. I can help you resolve this issue.

Our records show that your account is already out of support which means that we will not be able to make changes for you. We have a dedicated team that handles accounts that are already out of the 90 day free support. Should you decide to contact them, please click on the link below:

The link sends me to a terms and conditions page, and I couldn't find a way to request paid support, even if I wanted to do that. So much for helping me resolve the issue.

I purchased the Harmony One and Harmony Link. Both seem to have a lot of potential but I am very, very disappointed with their support. I have the same problem with how they don't handle solving customer problems. I too am long out of my 90 days but I haven't had time to deal with their web site problems, being told to use IE 8 only (which doesn't work either) as well as the runaround from the long winded folks working for them. Maybe it will be worth it if I ever have time to get all the kinks worked out but right now I would never recommend this company to anyone who has not had a lot of tech. and remote control programing experience. I know it is pretty much a lack of knowledge with me but we shouldn't be expected to used their products if it requires this much time and effort. So much for my rant!!
post #9755 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post

My Harmony One is working pretty well considering how bad I am at this stuff. When I tap Sat. on my remote my projector, receiver, and sat. all come on as they are supposed to, but, very shortly thereafter the projector starts to power down. To stop this I have to hit the help button which powers the projector back up before it completely shuts off to cool down.

I am selecting on/off as Toggle in the Harmony One software device IR learning, as the projector has a single on/off button which I assume is a Toggle button.

I would appreciate any ideas as to what I am doing wrong. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks-

Check to see if there are separate on and off commands in the available commands listed. If so, select separate buttons for on and off in the device wizard for the projector.
post #9756 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

Check to see if there are separate on and off commands in the available commands listed. If so, select separate buttons for on and off in the device wizard for the projector.

There is. Will that work if the Harmony One only has the on/off power button. I use the Screen's Sat to turn everything on but the Power Button to turn everything off. Does that sound right?
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
post #9757 of 11376 Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I purchased the Harmony One and Harmony Link. Both seem to have a lot of potential but I am very, very disappointed with their support. I have the same problem with how they don't handle solving customer problems. I too am long out of my 90 days but I haven't had time to deal with their web site problems, being told to use IE 8 only (which doesn't work either) as well as the runaround from the long winded folks working for them. Maybe it will be worth it if I ever have time to get all the kinks worked out but right now I would never recommend this company to anyone who has not had a lot of tech. and remote control programing experience. I know it is pretty much a lack of knowledge with me but we shouldn't be expected to used their products if it requires this much time and effort. So much for my rant!!

About a year ago I had to pay for Harmony support after I updated my H1 via our desktop to have the time on the LCD screen changed to reflect daylight savings time which just went into effect. The next time that I used my H1, I discovered that it would no longer turn my Pioneer Kuro TV "on" or "off" and a Sequence that I had programmed long before would no longer work. I called their support which cost me $30 as my remote was long beyond the 90 day period. It took about an hour on the phone with their support techs to solve my problems. During the session with their technician I was told that at least part of my issues were caused by a "software upgrade on their end the night before." Not sure it was justified that I have to pay for something that was changed on their end but I was not going to argue with them. Since that time I've had no problems making updates on my remote.
post #9758 of 11376 Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM

Hello,

I have my Harmony One set up fine for the most part. One thing I'm having issues with is that I want to be able to go through the internal settings on the Marantz SR6003 so that when I'm watching either a TV or DVD I can switch between the HDMI Audio going through the TV or the Home Theatre Speakers connected to the receiver, without using the Marantz remote.

I cannot figure out how to do this with the Harmony One.

The Marantz remote would use these commands..... "Menu" --> down 4 clicks ---> "Preference" --> "Enter" ---> down 6 clicks ---> Right or Left arrow to change "HDMI Audio" ---> "Exit"

Any thoughts on how to set up an activity to change just this setting whenever I want without power cycling anything?

Thanks!

edit - editing to say I've tried setting up a 5 step sequence with 3x3x3x3x2 "learned" remote clicks from the Marantz remote, but it just isn't working. It always dies after the first step.
post #9759 of 11376 Old 03-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahblah65 View Post

Hello,

I have my Harmony One set up fine for the most part. One thing I'm having issues with is that I want to be able to go through the internal settings on the Marantz SR6003 so that when I'm watching either a TV or DVD I can switch between the HDMI Audio going through the TV or the Home Theatre Speakers connected to the receiver, without using the Marantz remote.

I cannot figure out how to do this with the Harmony One.

The Marantz remote would use these commands..... "Menu" --> down 4 clicks ---> "Preference" --> "Enter" ---> down 6 clicks ---> Right or Left arrow to change "HDMI Audio" ---> "Exit"

Any thoughts on how to set up an activity to change just this setting whenever I want without power cycling anything?

Thanks!

edit - editing to say I've tried setting up a 5 step sequence with 3x3x3x3x2 "learned" remote clicks from the Marantz remote, but it just isn't working. It always dies after the first step.

It wont let me edit my post above but I may have found a work around...

Using custom "Learn Raw" commands I have the following sequence now for a custom button:
Menu -> UP, UP -> Enter, UP -> UP, UP -> Right, Exit

I wish there was a way to also have this button swap which device (TV or Receiver) controls the volume, but for now I just set up 2 additional activities for a total of 4. (TV&DVD w/ TV volume control and TV&DVD w/ receiver volume control)

Is there a more graceful way to accomplish this?
post #9760 of 11376 Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is. Will that work if the Harmony One only has the on/off power button. I use the Screen's Sat to turn everything on but the Power Button to turn everything off. Does that sound right?
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

The power button at the top is all off only. The way you turn things on is by selecting an activity. If you program the proj. with a separate command for on and a separate command for off the proj. should never turn off when switching activities because only an on command is being sent except when powering off.
post #9761 of 11376 Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahblah65 View Post

It wont let me edit my post above but I may have found a work around...

Using custom "Learn Raw" commands I have the following sequence now for a custom button:
Menu -> UP, UP -> Enter, UP -> UP, UP -> Right, Exit

I wish there was a way to also have this button swap which device (TV or Receiver) controls the volume, but for now I just set up 2 additional activities for a total of 4. (TV&DVD w/ TV volume control and TV&DVD w/ receiver volume control)

Is there a more graceful way to accomplish this?

Switching activities or going to the device in devices is the only way to remap the keys once you are in an activity. How you resolved it is the way to go.
post #9762 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 68
The 'Return' (with the back arrow) button on the H1 doesn't seem to work in Media Center/Media Browser. I had to use the 'Back' button on the LCD to get back to previous screen. Is this how it supposed to work?

I set up my HTPC as:

Device: Computer > Media Center
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Windows Media Center SE
post #9763 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

The power button at the top is all off only. The way you turn things on is by selecting an activity. If you program the proj. with a separate command for on and a separate command for off the proj. should never turn off when switching activities because only an on command is being sent except when powering off.

Thanks for your clarity of thought!! It's refreshing to get a reply that confirms what I have done is correct. I can't say that for the Harmony One support team. Nice guys but very convoluted answers. When I ask for a yes or no answer they sound like politicians.

I got it to turn off and on once correctly late last night. Hopefully (with the help of you and others on this forum) it is now set up correctly.

Thanks again-

Just for my understanding, are you referring to the Harmony One learning IR from the projector remote? If so, how does the Harmony One know if its incoming signal to learn is off or on as the projector only has one button for both commands? Is every push on the projector's remote power button alternating between on and off IR command?
post #9764 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 09:58 AM

Liked: 14
For some reason, my remote seems to be missing a preprogrammed task on almost all of my activity selections (forgets to turn on a component, doesn't select the proper TV input, etc..). It rarely ever did that over the last two years since I bought it but now seems to be doing it regularly. It's always in it's charging base, always aimed properly like before....?! Any clues?
post #9765 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 10:15 AM

^^^ Have you moved your equipment? IR interference could be causing this. The other option is that you've changed the delays or the number of the repeats for one or more of your devices.
post #9766 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbi View Post

^^^ Have you moved your equipment? IR interference could be causing this. The other option is that you've changed the delays or the number of the repeats for one or more of your devices.

Yes I did cut down on some delay times not too long ago. Just went back and increased the ones on the components that seem to be missing the beat on occasion (TV and SACD player) Thanks! I'll report back soon
post #9767 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

The 'Return' (with the back arrow) button on the H1 doesn't seem to work in Media Center/Media Browser. I had to use the 'Back' button on the LCD to get back to previous screen. Is this how it supposed to work?

I set up my HTPC as:

Device: Computer > Media Center
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Windows Media Center SE

If I understand your problem correctly, you want the return button to do the same as the back function on the LCD, right? Then just assign Back to the Return button. The default button assignments on harmony generally stink, so just make them what you want.
post #9768 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for your clarity of thought!! It's refreshing to get a reply that confirms what I have done is correct. I can't say that for the Harmony One support team. Nice guys but very convoluted answers. When I ask for a yes or no answer they sound like politicians.

I got it to turn off and on once correctly late last night. Hopefully (with the help of you and others on this forum) it is now set up correctly.

Thanks again-

Just for my understanding, are you referring to the Harmony One learning IR from the projector remote? If so, how does the Harmony One know if its incoming signal to learn is off or on as the projector only has one button for both commands? Is every push on the projector's remote power button alternating between on and off IR command?

No. A power toggle signal is the same every time. The device decides whether to turn itself on or off when it sees the signal. The harmony has no idea what the signal does. You have to tell it when you give it a name. If you teach it a power toggle, it will continue to work as a power toggle on harmony. If you teach it a discrete on, it will work as discrete on. But discretes rarely exist on OEM remotes, so you must enter them some other way, from pronto hex or learn from a JP1 remote. There are some exceptions to toggle type signals using certain protocols with a toggle bit stored in the remote (like RC-5), but I don't think your projector is such a device.
post #9769 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a question with the Harmony One and the Pioneer VSX-1121. I have set up Pandora as an activity. I get everything to work, however, when it gets to the screen with Pandora and Internet Radio, I cant use the harmony to go down or enter to select it. I have to grab the Pioneer remote. I programmed and mapped the direction arrows to the remote along with select/ok. But for some reason it doesn't recognize it, When I grab the Pioneer remote I press the "receiver" button, then the d pad and it works. I tried to learn the "receiver" button but it doesn't send any signal.
Any help/ideas would be appreciated
post #9770 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

If I understand your problem correctly, you want the return button to do the same as the back function on the LCD, right? Then just assign Back to the Return button. The default button assignments on harmony generally stink, so just make them what you want.

yes, that's exactly what i want to do.

try to remap the button/command now but could find the 'return' button. what's is it labeled as on the remote?
post #9771 of 11376 Old 03-04-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I had a question with the Harmony One and the Pioneer VSX-1121. I have set up Pandora as an activity. I get everything to work, however, when it gets to the screen with Pandora and Internet Radio, I cant use the harmony to go down or enter to select it. I have to grab the Pioneer remote. I programmed and mapped the direction arrows to the remote along with select/ok. But for some reason it doesn't recognize it, When I grab the Pioneer remote I press the "receiver" button, then the d pad and it works. I tried to learn the "receiver" button but it doesn't send any signal.
Any help/ideas would be appreciated

I'm having the same problem. Somebody posted a solution a page or 2 back but I have not been able to try it yet. It looks like you have to teach the Harmony using the Pioneer remote.

***Credis Quod Habes Et Habes***

post #9772 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 AM

I picked up the H1 based in no small part to some of the Regulars' posts here, its Great, I love this damned thing, with a few quick timing tweaks, it's flawless so far...
As USUAL, thanks to All, who's insight I freely steal from in this place!
Its quite nice to revisit my tabletop, not filled with little black remote rectangles everywhere...
post #9773 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 12:54 PM

Anyone ever had a problem with the One sending the same command repeatedly? It just happened to me recently, and I then remembered it had happened one other time, awhile ago.

My One is a couple years old - no issues - love it. But what happened both times is that all of a sudden, for example, the DVR started fast forwarding out of control, if I pressed FF once. I'd hit rewind, and it would rewind out of control. Press volume down, and the volume goes down and down and down. Same for up. I looked at the remote screen and I could see that it was transmitting constantly - apparently the same command over and over again. To correct it, I hit the power all off button, shutting everything down. Restarted the activity, and everything's back to normal.
post #9774 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Hi guys, my first post and need your vast experience.
I am half way through building a chimney breast for my home cinema gear and tv.I want my amp,Ps3,Wii,Blu Ray,CD,etc hidden around the side of the unit(not face on).What do I need for the Harmony one to control these units.ie Turn Infra Red to Ultra Sound?

Thanks for taking the time

BlueITagain
post #9775 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueITagain View Post

I am half way through building a chimney breast for my home cinema gear and tv.I want my amp,Ps3,Wii,Blu Ray,CD,etc hidden around the side of the unit(not face on).What do I need for the Harmony one to control these units.ie Turn Infra Red to Ultra Sound?

BlueITagain

Xantech is one of the lead companies for delivering IR signals to places it doesn't want to go on its own. They make all manner of IR sensors, repeaters, distribution blocks and emitters, and what they make is good stuff. That said... when I needed some of that IR manipulation for my own system, I ended up buying one of THESE, and have been very happy with it for several years now. It is functionally very similar to one of Xantech's kit's (like the DL-85K) at a third or less of the Xantech price.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #9776 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueITagain View Post

BlueITagain

Get one of THESE logitech repeaters or any 3rd party IR repeater system like leapfrog or powermid for half that price. Alternately, replace your One with an RF model like the 900, if you can do without macros.

Realize your Wii can't be controlled by any universal remote and that your PS3 requires some kind of IR adapter (from logitech or a 3rd party). 3rd party IR PS3 adapters run from $2 to about $150. I use HDMI CEC quite successfully for my PS3 instead of any adapter. But using CEC requires some tricky programming on harmony.

EDIT: ... or get a really good Xantech system as recommended above
post #9777 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post

Anyone ever had a problem with the One sending the same command repeatedly? It just happened to me recently, and I then remembered it had happened one other time, awhile ago.

My One is a couple years old - no issues - love it. But what happened both times is that all of a sudden, for example, the DVR started fast forwarding out of control, if I pressed FF once. I'd hit rewind, and it would rewind out of control. Press volume down, and the volume goes down and down and down. Same for up. I looked at the remote screen and I could see that it was transmitting constantly - apparently the same command over and over again. To correct it, I hit the power all off button, shutting everything down. Restarted the activity, and everything's back to normal.

If it happens only with one or two devices, check the number of the repeats for these devices. If it happens with all devices, you might have sticky keys. I think that someone posted how to clean the keys - search the forum.

Hope this helps.
post #9778 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post

I've had before, it was just a stuck key.
post #9779 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

I've had before, it was just a stuck key.

I was thinking the same thing, sticky key?

I think I remember seeing someone here having success cleaning with this;
http://www.invisibleglass.com/
and scrubbing with a clean microfiber cloth, but you must remove the battery first!
post #9780 of 11376 Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
That happens sometimes

Also when i press a button nothing changes ,then i press other buttons and nothing, after a few seconds all the buttons i had pressed come thru

This happens only with the fav channels icons, only happens once in a blue moon, doesn't bother me
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page