Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #9811 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

I have a problem that seems to be somewhat common and I was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem or knows of a solution.

I have an Mitsubishi-WD82740 and of course a Harmony One.

Everything works right and functions correctly except when switching to HDMI 3.

I have an XBOX 360 plugged into it and the TV recognizes it's there and I can use the TV's original remote to switch to the input via a little menu, but the TV refuses to switch to the input. Whether I'm switching to my programmed "Play XBOX" activity or controlling just the device, I cannot get to HDMI 3. Every other activity and button works correctly and goes to the right input. It's just HDMI 3 that will only switch if I bring up the input menu and won't directly switch.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9812 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 02:31 PM

If you cannot switch to HDMI 3 even with the original remote you have a problem with the TV, the XBOX or with the cable. Try another cable and different HDMI input.
post #9813 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Found my solution.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1160370

For the 740 series you'll follow the same instructions to put it into direct command mode:

Hold power until it flashes, then input 00090.

To directly go to HDMI 3 you'll hit the input button (the power button won't flash) and then hit the play button. If everything worked correctly you will have directly gone to HDMI 3.

Then all you have to do is teach the command to your remote's software and go to edit the settings for the TV and go to learn IR. You'll get a long list of commands. Just go down to HDMI 3 and teach the remote the command and update the remote.

So it looks like the issue was with the Harmony remote. It appears as though it had the wrong direct input pre programmed into the remote. I don't know if that was Mitsubishi failing to give Logitech the correct code or Logitech messing up.

Either way problem solved. Hope this helps anyone else who has been having problems.

On a semi related not. I noticed the TV specs mentioned that this TV also allows for direct format selection too. I might have to play around with that. It would be nice to be able to program the screen format (16x9 or 4x3) into my activities for some video games. I have 4 consoles using an IR AV switch to share 1 AV input. Everything works beautifully thanks to the remote but half the consoles are 16x9 native and the other half are 4x3. If I could program that into the activity using these codes that would be the icing on the cake.
post #9814 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 06:40 PM

I've had my One for several years and have always been disappointed in the IR strength/angle. The remote just wont control any devices, unless pointed almost directly at them.

I recently bought a Hotlink Pro IR repeater, which I thought would help me overcome this issue. Had previously a Logitech IR blaster, which was junk. But with the Hotlink, even though I can hide the eye, i still need to point the remote inthe general direction of the eye. IR remotes that I used 20 years ago on my TV's could be pointed at the ceiling or around the room and still control the tv.

Anyone else have this issue, and have found a solution? Any better remotes out there with more powerful IR strength that can work off-angle?
post #9815 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathon View Post

I've had my One for several years and have always been disappointed in the IR strength/angle. The remote just wont control any devices, unless pointed almost directly at them.

I recently bought a Hotlink Pro IR repeater, which I thought would help me overcome this issue. Had previously a Logitech IR blaster, which was junk. But with the Hotlink, even though I can hide the eye, i still need to point the remote inthe general direction of the eye. IR remotes that I used 20 years ago on my TV's could be pointed at the ceiling or around the room and still control the tv.

Anyone else have this issue, and have found a solution? Any better remotes out there with more powerful IR strength that can work off-angle?

I don't know if it's just your remote, but I don't have that problem. I am able to direct the IR signal off of my ceiling,side walls and my rear wall. The only issue I have is when I direct it at my devices on an extreme angle. I actually have to bounce off of a wall instead.
post #9816 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

I wouldn't have settled for that behavior "for years" as you've done. I suspect your H1 is not up to par. I guess you're too far out for a warranty exchange. My H1 has much better coverage than my OEM remotes. The only device I have to point directly at is the XBox 360.
post #9817 of 11439 Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

There was a bad batch several years ago and those that had them got exchanges. Mine is actually very good, I've had mine for many years now and can point it anywhere. It might be worth a call to Logitech. If you go back a ways in this thread, you should be able to find some posts regarding this. Good luck, but definitely call them.
post #9818 of 11439 Old 03-11-2012, 02:32 PM

Liked: 12
I can't figure this one out. I have laid in several sequences and attached them successfully to the "Additional Buttons" section on activities prior to this problem.

I just created two new sequences, and no matter what I try, I can't attach them to any buttons.

Here's everything I can think of that may be relevant. The sequences are both within a new Vizio TV. When I look at the sequences they seem fine. When I attach them to LCD buttons, they don't show up on updates. When I attach the same functions individually to LCD buttons (i.e., not part of a sequence) they work fine.

Here are the two sequences:

Name: Crop
  1. VIA
  2. Select
  3. Select
  4. DirectionLeft
  5. Select
Name: UnCrop
  1. VIA
  2. Select
  3. Select
  4. DirectionRight
  5. Select
I haven't got a clue. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
You get to choose any two.
post #9819 of 11439 Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

People here have snickered at me for this, but it has happened repeatedly to one of my One's... every year for three years now. The tilt sensor works fine every summer but requires a good shake during the winter months. I've just gotten in the habit of touching the touchscreen area as I'm picking it up, which also wakes it up and does not send any errant codes.

Anyone irritated by a difference in recent response times on the One?
I apologize if this has been established and stated, but messing around while watching some BD purchases today, I found changing the One's 'screen sensitivity' also changes the ammt. of shaking/tilting/abusive cursing necessary to wake the remote up.
Try changing it to a higher sensitivity and see if it helps...?
Now back to my IronMan marathon...
post #9820 of 11439 Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 AM

Liked: 13
Got my new One and setting it up today (replacing my much beloved 880, which is going into semi-retirement). Had it on the charger since yesterday to get ready. Programming begins today!

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #9821 of 11439 Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 AM

I have the Harmony 650. I used to just leave the cable box on all the time. Is there a way to program the remote so it won't shut off the cable when I press the All Off button? And also so it doesn't shut it off when I press the Watch Tv button?

Thanks
post #9822 of 11439 Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GluedToTheTube View Post

I have the Harmony 650. I used to just leave the cable box on all the time. Is there a way to program the remote so it won't shut off the cable when I press the All Off button? And also so it doesn't shut it off when I press the Watch Tv button?

Thanks

Just configure the the power settings for the cable box device so that the device stays on all the time.

BTW... the answer would still be the same either way, but this is the Harmony One thread. There is a separate thread for discussion of the 650/700 remotes.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #9823 of 11439 Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

Just configure the the power settings for the cable box device so that the device stays on all the time.

BTW... the answer would still be the same either way, but this is the Harmony One thread. There is a separate thread for discussion of the 650/700 remotes.

Ha I totally read that wrong. I thought it was the One(only) Harmony thread for all Harmony remotes. My bad.

Thanks for your help.
post #9824 of 11439 Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post

Got my new One and setting it up today (replacing my much beloved 880, which is going into semi-retirement). Had it on the charger since yesterday to get ready. Programming begins today!

He may be gone a while...
post #9825 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 03:09 AM

As for this whole battery life thing... well, it seems mine lasted for just a tad over four days. Not as good as I hoped, but I guess not terrible either.
post #9826 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 429
it depends on how much you use it. To me 4 days is already good. I remember when I used to use the first generation of rechargeable Philips Pronto remote. They only lasted for several hours which ended up needing to be put on the cradle at the end of every movie.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #9827 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainiac View Post

He may be gone a while...

Not as bad as I thought. A couple hours to get everything the way I wanted. Pretty painless (not my first time at the rodeo, that helps!)
I'd say I'm 99% there. Just whatever little things I discover in the first couple days of real world use. (plus whatever The Queen requests.)

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #9828 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

it depends on how much you use it. To me 4 days is already good. I remember when I used to use the first generation of rechargeable Philips Pronto remote. They only lasted for several hours which ended up needing to be put on the cradle at the end of every movie.

Of course, but it's hard to keep track of usage exactly. I mean, for example I spend my days at home watching TV or at the computer, so basically the AV system (and the connected computer) are on probably 14-16 hours per day. But the usage of the remote itself varies according to activity. If I'm watching Stargate on DVD, for example, I have to fast forward past the titles and end credits each episode, navigate the disc menu, etc. The last 4 days was mostly spent playing a video game, so I had very little need to use the remote, so actual remote usage was quite light. So 4 days isn't that good in my books. It could be worse, of course. One of the reasons, aside from price, that I went with One instead of 1100 was indeed the battery life.
post #9829 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Any is in know of Logitech coming down with some thing new before I buy this remote again?

I'm think the second time is the charm with this remote..Lets see if I can get along with it after a long break, I'm a little wiser, hope the remote/Data base is a bit more mature.

Here's to second chances, and making it work

Djoel
post #9830 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 436
post #9831 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Yes, 800 is coming.

Is it a more advanced remote than the One?
post #9832 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Yes, 800 is coming.

So will they stop making the ONE or lower the price
post #9833 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:

Yes, 800 is coming.

Great any info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

So will they stop making the ONE or lower the price

Yeah what they said.

Djoel
post #9834 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM

you can get a refurb 900 from Harmony for $140...
post #9835 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post

Looks like it to me, but we don't have much info besides the fact it has a qwerty keyboard. I doubt it will replace the One since the OnePlus was just released. (OnePlus is new euro version of the One with less functions and worse software).

Someone started a thread in this forum a day or two ago. It's released in Europe. Don't know if or when it will come to the US. If Logitech continues its current trend, this new model with be too crippled to be of much use (remember the Link?). We'll have to wait and see though.
post #9836 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes, 800 is coming.

I think I said that two years ago!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #9837 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

I think I said that two years ago!

You were right!
post #9838 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You were right!

It was overdue then, it's kinda pathetic now. Do we know the tech specs?

post #9839 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

It was overdue then, it's kinda pathetic now. Do we know the tech specs?

I just posted a link to some HERE in the main 800 thread.
post #9840 of 11439 Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just post a link to some HERE in the main 800 thread.

Thanks for the heads up, wasn't paying attention lately.

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page