Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #9841 of 11346 Old 03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
What's the main use(s) for the keyboard?

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9842 of 11346 Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

what's the main use(s) for the keyboard?

htpc

Commercial AV Design Engineer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #9843 of 11346 Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvih View Post

Of course, but it's hard to keep track of usage exactly. I mean, for example I spend my days at home watching TV or at the computer, so basically the AV system (and the connected computer) are on probably 14-16 hours per day. But the usage of the remote itself varies according to activity. If I'm watching Stargate on DVD, for example, I have to fast forward past the titles and end credits each episode, navigate the disc menu, etc. The last 4 days was mostly spent playing a video game, so I had very little need to use the remote, so actual remote usage was quite light. So 4 days isn't that good in my books. It could be worse, of course. One of the reasons, aside from price, that I went with One instead of 1100 was indeed the battery life.

Many of us "store" the One in the charging cradle when it is not in use. So, unless you are using it 24x7 the battery life issue is non-existent. I am on only my second battery after 6 years (and the first one was the infamous "swollen" battery which still lasted over 4 years before I replaced it - not because it failed but because it took a pair of pliers to get it out.)
post #9844 of 11346 Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post

Many of us "store" the One in the charging cradle when it is not in use. So, unless you are using it 24x7 the battery life issue is non-existent. I am on only my second battery after 6 years (and the first one was the infamous "swollen" battery which still lasted over 4 years before I replaced it - not because it failed but because it took a pair of pliers to get it out.)

I had to exchange my very first H1, that I bought as soon as they were released for poor IR range. I had it less than 30 days since I exchanged it at the store I bought it from.

Since then, I have stored mine in the charging cradle since day 1 back in 2008. I'm still on my first battery. It's one of the white ones and it's not swollen. I know because I remove mine occasionally just to reboot the remote.
post #9845 of 11346 Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently got the Logetech Harmony One Remote. I also replaced my Kenwood Soverign Receiver with an Onkyo. I understand I can still use my Entre Hub.
My question:

In the process of setting up do I use the Entre remote and not the Changer's
remote to teach the Harmony One remote?

also

Do I enter both changer and Entre in the devices section of the software or just the Entre as it will supposedly be controlling the changer?

I also have the Power Touch II remote that came with the Sovereign Receiver/Entre/changer but I'm not sure where to begin with it?

Thanks-
post #9846 of 11346 Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by balpers View Post

I can't figure this one out. I have laid in several sequences and attached them successfully to the "Additional Buttons" section on activities prior to this problem.

I just created two new sequences, and no matter what I try, I can't attach them to any buttons.

Here's everything I can think of that may be relevant. The sequences are both within a new Vizio TV. When I look at the sequences they seem fine. When I attach them to LCD buttons, they don't show up on updates. When I attach the same functions individually to LCD buttons (i.e., not part of a sequence) they work fine.

Here are the two sequences:

Name: Crop
  1. VIA
  2. Select
  3. Select
  4. DirectionLeft
  5. Select
Name: UnCrop
  1. VIA
  2. Select
  3. Select
  4. DirectionRight
  5. Select
I haven't got a clue. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Burt

Thought I'd try one more time. I'm using the 7.7.0 software. Can anyone tell me why I might be able to create a sequence, but not be able to assign it to a button?

Thanks,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
You get to choose any two.
post #9847 of 11346 Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Are you finding and setting the sequence commands in the activity?

If so and it doesn't work, try learning the same sequence to another device within the activity.

To do so you'll need to learn the basic commands with the oem remote to that other device first. Maybe learn two at first and see if assigning the sequence works with this other device.

I had a device that wouldn't show commands no matter what i tried until I re-added it as a different type of device.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9848 of 11346 Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

Are you finding and setting the sequence commands in the activity?

If so and it doesn't work, try learning the same sequence to another device within the activity.

To do so you'll need to learn the basic commands with the oem remote to that other device first. Maybe learn two at first and see if assigning the sequence works with this other device.

I had a device that wouldn't show commands no matter what i tried until I re-added it as a different type of device.

Thanks for the response.

I am finding and setting the sequence in the activity (called "Watch SAT/DVR"). The sequences show up properly formed in the "Add Sequences" screen in the software. They also show up on the "Customize the additional buttons on your remote" screen in the software. It appears that they are not getting transferred in the "Update Remote" operation.

Another strange aspect of this situation is that I can assign each of the individual commands that make up the sequences to buttons. These buttons function perfectly when used individually.

I'm not following you when you say, "...try learning the same sequence to another device within the activity." The sequences are specific to the Vizio TV and I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you please try again?

Thanks,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
post #9849 of 11346 Old 03-17-2012, 03:59 PM

I'd guess have the One Learn direct from the Vizio remote first, see if it gets you your missing buttons?
post #9850 of 11346 Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

If you have a blue ray player in the activity you want to use the sequence in, teach the commands from the Vizio to the blu ray player device in the software.

You should be able to add the commands and execute them from that device, this is just a long shot in case the sequence is having a conflict with the Vizio but the software may treat it differently in the Blu Ray device or another device you may be using that you could teach the Vizio commands to.

Edit: just saw your activity, teach the Vizio commands to the Sat receiver. Name them accordingly, set up the sequence, see what happens.

post #9851 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

I didn't see this in the settings

But can i change the way things turns on, like the order when i press an activity

I need the hdmi switch to change inputs first before turning anything on
post #9852 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
JwS

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpers View Post

Thought I'd try one more time. I'm using the 7.7.0 software. Can anyone tell me why I might be able to create a sequence, but not be able to assign it to a button?

Thanks,

Burt

Don't forget that for sequences it is best to learn the key commands in Custom / Raw mode to be able to put together a string of commands as a 'marco'. If you don't use the Raw mode in the Custom Learning it will not pick up more than the first command in the string.
post #9853 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

Edit: just saw your activity, teach the Vizio commands to the Sat receiver. Name them accordingly, set up the sequence, see what happens.

There must be something strange about the "VIA" command. It is used on Vizio sets to invoke Setup, Internet apps, etc. It works when I invoke it from the Logitech library on the Harmony. However, when I tried your strategy I found that I couldn't teach it to any device. The other commands in the sequences can be taught to various devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JwS View Post

Don't forget that for sequences it is best to learn the key commands in Custom / Raw mode to be able to put together a string of commands as a 'marco'. If you don't use the Raw mode in the Custom Learning it will not pick up more than the first command in the string.

I have tried to teach the "VIA" command using all the variations (Custom / Raw, Normal, etc.). No joy. Apparently, I can only use the "VIA" command from the Logitech library, but I can't transfer a sequence to the remote when I use it.

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
post #9854 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

I didn't see this in the settings

But can i change the way things turns on, like the order when i press an activity

I need the hdmi switch to change inputs first before turning anything on

Anybody ?
post #9855 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

Anybody ?

I don't have the software available to me right now, but yes, there is a way to change the order of how things power on. It's in there some where. Hopefully someone can help. I don't get home until late tomorrow. Sorry.
post #9856 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

In the 7.7 software you go to the activity and select settings, the last option on the next screen is to review the order in which devices power up for that activity.

post #9857 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks oman
post #9858 of 11346 Old 03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

No problem

post #9859 of 11346 Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 PM

when I hook up the ps3 adapter for the harmony one and use the harmony one with the ps 3 it is assigned to the number 7 remote position. Whenever I use the Sony brand ps3 remote controller for the ps3 it also only logs into the number 7 position ( I assume this is so six game controllers can be atttached)

I would like to be able to have both the Harmony one active with the ps3 but also be able to use the Sony remote controller as well. Does anyone know where I can find this information?

The sony remote is easier to navigate but I want the functionality on the Harmony one too.

Is there a sub thread I haven't been able to find regarding the ps3 adapter?

Thanks for any insights you can share on this.
post #9860 of 11346 Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
IIRC only one bluetooth device can be paired with the PS3 at a time. So you can't use both. If you something besides the logitech adapter, like a USB dongle, then you could continue using your sony remote. I've gotten rid of all my PS3 adapters and use HDMI CEC control now.

post #9861 of 11346 Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

You should be able to re-assign devices in the PS3's settings, does it always revert back to 7?

post #9862 of 11346 Old 03-22-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

IIRC

Off topic for a sec...I read these forums everyday, and see IIRC all the time, and never knew what it meant...So, I just googled it. Ok, makes sense now...I just never knew it was so hard to type "if I recall correctly"...I'm not jumping on you, I just don't understand why there's so much abbrevation online. It annoys me...

Rant over
post #9863 of 11346 Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿche 1 View Post

Off topic for a sec...I read these forums everyday, and see IIRC all the time, and never knew what it meant...So, I just googled it. Ok, makes sense now...I just never knew it was so hard to type "if I recall correctly"...I'm not jumping on you, I just don't understand why there's so much abbrevation online. It annoys me...

Rant over

second

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #9864 of 11346 Old 03-22-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

IIRC only one bluetooth device can be paired with the PS3 at a time. So you can't use both. If you something besides the logitech adapter, like a USB dongle, then you could continue using your sony remote. I've gotten rid of all my PS3 adapters and use HDMI CEC control now.

Dind't notice this post beforehand.

post #9865 of 11346 Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
OP needs to confirm with more research, but the reason for the much maligned "IIRC" is because I only vaguely remember reading a long time ago that PS3 only pairs with one other BT device (besides game controllers). I could be mistaken, or this could have changed. The other reason for IIRC is I post a lot from a phone with no keyboard so I need all the shortcuts I can get, LOL.

post #9866 of 11346 Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿche 1 View Post

Rant over

Not a big deal IMO.
post #9867 of 11346 Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post

Not a big deal IMO.

It's a big deal when people don't know what it means...Maybe i'm the only one...I'll live lol
post #9868 of 11346 Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Has there been any news on a new Harmony remote being released soon?
post #9869 of 11346 Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by timick1 View Post

There's the thread on the 800. It's a crippled down One with a QWERTY keyboard.

------

post #9870 of 11346 Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timick1 View Post

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1398964

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page