Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #9901 of 11467 Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
After 2-1/2 years, I picked up the remote today and noticed the display has a leaf in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and none of the keys are functional. I removed the battery with no problem to try and reset the unit, but it still displays the "leaf" on the screen. Can this be a battery problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9902 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 AM

Liked: 10
Thank you for answer.
One more question. Can H1 take current time into account within its macros/activities? Can I program it to turn on/off my LED backlight behind TV together with TV, but only between 4 PM and 6 AM? LEDs are opereted with infra remote.
post #9903 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_k View Post

Can H1 take current time into account within its macros/activities? Can I program it to turn on/off my LED backlight behind TV together with TV, but only between 4 PM and 6 AM? LEDs are opereted with infra remote.

Sorry, no it cannot as it has no access to the time indicator.
post #9904 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Cousin has some new and some old equipment. I'd like to state the issues and hope you all can help with some or all!

(A) Pioneer VSX-1021 new AVRcvr. Sony TC-WR545 Dual Cassette Deck. Deck is connected to the Pioneer via CD-R/Tape In.

Problem 1 is Harmony One will not switch Pioneer to CD-R/Tape. HELP will not switch it either. But if I select DEVICES, and tap through Next Input, it will find CD-R/Tape.

Problem 2 is Harmony will not power on/off the tape deck. Help answers "Make sure tape deck is on". Suggests the remote will not power up or down but the remote does control all other functions!?

(B) Pioneer VSX-1021 new AVRcvr. Sony CDP-C245 CD 6 Disc Changer. Changer is connected to the Pioneer via CD.

Problem is Harmony will not power on/off the changer. Help answers "Make sure tape deck is on". Suggests the remote will not power up or down but the remote does control all other functions!?

This is a load I know but anything to get me heading down the right road much appreciated forum gurus! Thanks!!!
post #9905 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Three questions:

1) I created an activity called "Watch Netflix." It turns on my blu ray player, turns on my AVR, switches to the correct input, turns on the tv. The remote that came with my blu ray player has a dedicated Netflix button. How do I add that button push to the activity? I know I can go to devices and the button appears on the touch screen, but I want to add it to the end of the activity sequence. Is that possible?

2) I want to create a "Watch YouTube" activity. This would require that my htpc wakes up, my receiver turns on, sets to the correct input, and my tv turns on. I can do all of this, but then I need to launch Internet Explorer (already bookmarked to youtube.com/leanback so I can use the remote to navigate). Is this possible or do I need something like Event Ghost? What's the easiest way to launch a program like IE or Spotify?

3) Is there a way to stop the current program before switching activities (as in, add that step to the start of each activity so it's automatic)? If I'm watching live tv (Windows Media Center) and switch to watching a blu ray, if I switch back to live tv I get an error message that Media Center crashed because my computer tried to go to sleep during live tv playback (I think that's what happening). I think I need to stop the current activity when switching. This will be especially important once I figure out how to launch programs. If I switch from Spotify to Youtube or vice versa, one will not turn off the other and both programs can actually play simultaneously.

Thanks!
post #9906 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotkey View Post

Problem 1 is Harmony One will not switch Pioneer to CD-R/Tape. HELP will not switch it either. But if I select DEVICES, and tap through Next Input, it will find CD-R/Tape.

Problem 2 is Harmony will not power on/off the tape deck. Help answers "Make sure tape deck is on". Suggests the remote will not power up or down but the remote does control all other functions!?

Problem 3 is Harmony will not power on/off the changer. Help answers "Make sure tape deck is on". Suggests the remote will not power up or down but the remote does control all other functions!

Problem 1: Review the Activity to make sure that the start-up reflects that the InputCD is specified for the AVR. If not change it in the subsequent step.
Activity, Settings, Review the settings

Problem 2: The database does not have any codes for power on/off. If there is a remote that has this function then the code can be learned to the H1.

Problem 3: The database has discrete power on and power off codes. Review the Device to make sure that it was correctly setup. Then Review the Activity to make sure that it is correctly setup. If it was setup correctly the Help function should turn it on.
post #9907 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody777 View Post

Three questions:!

1. Activities, Setting, Review the settings, Yes but I want to add more, Save, Next. Now add the Netflix command as part of the start activity. The Netflix command should be available, but it not just learn it for that device.

2. Search this thread to see if someone has done something similar.

3. Follow the procedure as in #1 but add a stop command as part of the stop activity.
post #9908 of 11467 Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 444
^^^

2 also depends on your MCE IR dongle. Most have an IE command as well as hotkeys that can launch shortcut on your desktop that do anything you like. My $7 MCE remote and dongle has those capabilities and works fine with any IR remote, including harmony.

Event ghost is an option of course, but not necessary.

However, I've found that macros like this that are possibly a few minutes long are so inconvenient and unreliable as to be not worth the trouble. Where there are such huge delays, I would break it up into a couple of macros.
post #9909 of 11467 Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks guys! I will give that a try.

Unfortunately, my media center remote doesn't have a button that launches IE. Can I still do this without something like Event Ghost? What about launching Spotify?
post #9910 of 11467 Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_k View Post

Thank you for answer.
One more question. Can H1 take current time into account within its macros/activities? Can I program it to turn on/off my LED backlight behind TV together with TV, but only between 4 PM and 6 AM? LEDs are opereted with infra remote.

You could always use a mains socket timer and set it to your desired on/off times

Example
http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-T...975921-7370010
post #9911 of 11467 Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 PM

I have a Harmony 550 remote a few years old controlling 8 devices and about 4 activities, I set it up using the Harmony software 7.70 and have quite a few custom things I set up. If I upgrade to the Harmony One remote wil it automatically transfer my 550 settings to the Harmony One with that upgrade remote button in the right hand corner of the Harmony software?

The 550 Harmony remote is the first I have owned and really like it but it did take a while to adjust everything perfect so want to make sure upgrading to this model I won't have to go through setting everything again.
post #9912 of 11467 Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Sort of. It will transfer your devices and activities, but no custom button assignments. You have to do those again. It misses other things as well but I don't remember exactly what. I recommend you have harmony clone your account so you can have the old and new one side-by-side for reference. Otherwise take screen shots of each page of your current config.

I had 12 devices and about 30 activities on my old 500 series remote, so I had to re-do a lot of work when I upgraded (downgraded?) to a 700.
post #9913 of 11467 Old 04-21-2012, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the info!
post #9914 of 11467 Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 AM

Liked: 16
Yes, he is correct. I just upgraded about 2 weeks from a dying 550 to a one, and I had to redo custom buttons. The one has 6 soft buttons on the touch screen instead of 4 on the 550 and the one doesn't have the picture and sound buttons.

Panasonic P46ST30 | Denon AVR-X2000 | PSB T45/B15/C40 | Oppo BDP-83 | DirecTV
post #9915 of 11467 Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM

I have an H1 controlling a PS3, Epson 8350 and Denon AVR 791. I have it all working great except for one annoying thing. In my activity Watch a movie I have the the following touchscreen buttons, triangle, square, circle, x, PS and eject on the first page. I have added two sequences to change the colour on the second and I also have a button labelled colour mode and one for the AVR's dynamic EQ. They all work fine, but my problem is that I have a second unwanted pair of touchscreen buttons that are the same as PS and Eject on the 1st screen. ie I have an extra copy of PS and eject buttons. I have checked to make sure I haven't mislabelled or accidentally put them in twice. I also reset the additional buttons screen to default and then tried re-inputting with no luck. I also deleted the PS and eject buttons to see if that would make a difference. When I deleted them both copies of PS and eject disappeared. Any ideas???
post #9916 of 11467 Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Using Harmony 1 for my PS3 works fine until I click the Off -everything [TV & stereo in this case] turns Off except the PS3. I have to either hold the actual I/O button on the PS3 or use the H1 PS 'in the dark' i.e. no tv screen cuz it's off. Any ideas?
Thank you.
Will
post #9917 of 11467 Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kininn View Post

Using Harmony 1 for my PS3 works fine until I click the Off -everything [TV & stereo in this case] turns Off except the PS3. I have to either hold the actual I/O button on the PS3 or use the H1 PS 'in the dark' i.e. no tv screen cuz it's off. Any ideas?
Thank you.
Will

H1 will not control PS3 directly. PS3 uses Bluetooth interface. Logitech has a IR to Bluetooth adapter that works very well.
post #9918 of 11467 Old 04-22-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypolo View Post

H1 will not control PS3 directly. PS3 uses Bluetooth interface. Logitech has a IR to Bluetooth adapter that works very well.

Quote:

Using Harmony 1 for my PS3 works fine until I click the Off...

I'm thinking he must have some Bluetooth to IR converter already. Otherwise, his problem wouldn't be limited only to turning off the PS3, but rather he would be unable to control the PS3 at all.

So, kininn, what Bluetooth to IR converter/adapter are you using?
post #9919 of 11467 Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javatime View Post

After 2-1/2 years, I picked up the remote today and noticed the display has a leaf in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and none of the keys are functional. I removed the battery with no problem to try and reset the unit, but it still displays the "leaf" on the screen. Can this be a battery problem?

UPDATE: Ordered a new battery and it does the same thing. I guess the LCD screen is fried so I just ordered a new "One" this weekend. It sure was painful pulling out 4 different remotes just to watch a BD movie and TV this weekend.
post #9920 of 11467 Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM

So Logitech said back in January that they were looking to release new models "in the coming months". It's now almost the end of April and no announcements. I realize they don't want long periods between when they announce new products and ship them because then sales of the current models will fall flat. I am thinking of getting a Harmony One and am just wondering if I should pull the trigger now or wait 1-2 months until my basement and home theatre are finished. I could use the One in the meantime for the living room.
post #9921 of 11467 Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The "One Plus" was released a few months ago in Europe, as was the new 800. But the One Plus is worse than the One and not worth waiting for, assuming they intend to sell it in the US at all. So I'd go ahead and get a One if that's what you think you need right now. If you can afford to wait, then wait.

Personally, I'd go for a more modern model with the 4 colored buttons common on a lot of devices these days. On the One (whose design is 4 years old now), those would take up valuable LCD space. You're also paying a premium to get 15 devices. Do you have 15 devices you need to control? Is there any chance you'd need RF?
post #9922 of 11467 Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post

I'm thinking he must have some Bluetooth to IR converter already. Otherwise, his problem wouldn't be limited only to turning off the PS3, but rather he would be unable to control the PS3 at all.

So, kininn, what Bluetooth to IR converter/adapter are you using?

I have the IR device -turns out it was too far back in the cabinet (needed a more direct line of site). All is OK. Thanks all who responded.
Bill
post #9923 of 11467 Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:

I have the IR device -turns out it was too far back in the cabinet (needed a more direct line of site). All is OK. Thanks all who responded.
Bill

Logitech Harmony Adapter for PlayStation 3
post #9924 of 11467 Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 PM

Ok, I started reading through the posts.. but gosh darn there are just too many of them. Am hoping someone can help me out without the- "Yeah, its been covered, look back through the old posts.." Anyway- here's what I'm hoping to figure out-

(in case it matters, have a Harmony one, Logitech PS3 converter, Samsung PN51E530 plasma TV, Samsung HT-D6730 Blu-ray Home Theatre, PS3 and Dish VIP722 DVR, using TV2 with an IR-UHF converter)

I think I've got everything set to about where I want it except for a few things-

1) MY PS3 will turn on when commanded, but the rest of the buttons (which DO show on remote touchscreen as X,O,triangle, etc icons correctly) don't seem to work. The power toggle is about the only button that works.

2)PS3- does not turn off. the light on console blinks a few times, but doesn't turn off..

Any experience with the PS3 and how to set it best? Thank you!

3)Harmony seems to think it needs to change my channel to 73 when watching TV. Although this is the proper setting, simply ensuring the input is set to TV is sufficient, as the 73 stores in memory when using that input.

PS- THANK YOU SQUAREEYES FOR THE LOGOS!!!!! AWESOME!!!

Any help with the above would be great.. I am new to this software, so details would be awesome. Thank you.
post #9925 of 11467 Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 AM

Also- I've currently got 2 seperate activities for watching TV,

I have watch TV
which turns on the TV and bluray/home theatre, inputs configured to watch tv with surround surround sound, volume buttons controlling the bluray/home theatre

Also have "Watch TV quietly"
which turns on just the TV, volume buttons controlling the tv

The problem is that to watch with the surround sound, the TV needs to be set to play volume from external speaker, to watch without it needs to be turned to tv speaker.

From what I understand I could set a sequence and add it activity's start, it woulf go to menu, down, right, down (4x), right, down (which would go through TV menu to turn the speaker select). The problem with this is that if the last time I watched tv I used the same activity, the speaker select would already be in the correct setting, and this would then change it to the incorrect setting.

Would my best bet be to make one of the buttons on my touchscreen(or elsewhere) do the above sequence, and add that custom button to each activity, thereby only needing to change speaker setting when necessary and only manually when needed?

-Still learning! lol Thanks for the help
post #9926 of 11467 Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I have the same setup. You just need to also add commands to the end of the activity to put the speaker back the way it was when you leave the activity. What model TV? A discrete speaker toggle command may exist for it.
post #9927 of 11467 Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 AM

Ok.. was impatient and just called tech support. For anyone else having these questions

The PS3 apparently even with their converter, buttons only work until you select your user, then they wont work again until you are in a dvd. Anything inbetween, you need the controller. Not sure I would have paid 60 bucks on the converter If Id known that!! mainly only bought so I could go onto internet browser with remote... still not really possible without controller apparently

The channel thing was my fault? I guess I had set it up that way. fixed

For the speaker select- need to use sequence, and have it as additional button... realized that I need 2 sequences actually, as there are more than 5 steps (only 5 per sequence).

Cust Support seemed very helpful!
post #9928 of 11467 Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM

I like your solution better than theirs!

I have a
Samsung PN51E530 -TV
Samsung HT-D6730 -Blu/ray surround/theatre (mini disk?)
Dish VIP722 DVR -Dish Reciever
PS3 w/converter -Game console

Figured I would list all!
Have coax ran to TV input
HDMI from PS3 to mini disk,
HDMI from mini dish to TV
Optical from TV to mini disk
That's the set up!

From my understanding, there are NO "discreet" buttons for this, please advise me if I am wrong... I am a rookie at this- so if this can be done, please give the best instructions possible to make this happen. Thanks a lot!

Just to be clear- all other issues (I think) are resolved best as possible (please advise if I am wrong)

As for this issue- I have 2 additional buttons for each activity, each is a sequence. There are about 9 steps to change the speaker setting through the menu, and because there are only 5 steps per sequence, I click "speaker one", and it goes through the first 5 steps, then I cluck "speaker 2" and it goes through the rest. annoying, but beat going to device and doing it manually I guess.
post #9929 of 11467 Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 AM

Ok, took what you said, and played around with it a bit. There is no discreete command for this that I (or the rep) could see.. For my needs, the only activity that I don't want to use external speakers for it the "watch tv quietly" one, so I am keeping the tv in the external speaker setting by default if you want to say.. then for that activity, and only that activity, I added those steps to change it to tv speakers on start up of activity, and also set the steps to change back to external speakers when activity ends. Thanks for the advice.. let me know if this is what you meant or have even better plan! Thanks!
post #9930 of 11467 Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Correct, there is no discrete speaker command for samsung (some sonys have one).

I see no reason for sequences in this case. You can add unlimited steps to the start/end of activities (run wizard again and answer "I want to add more control", then you can add your 9 steps to the start to toggle speakers off and another 9 to the end to toggle back on).

If you want a sequence anyway to have a single button that does it, you can get about 15 steps in one sequence using the raw learn trick (search this forum for details). Basically you learn about 3 commands in one raw learn, then string those learns together in your 5 step sequence, netting you a max of around 15 steps.

The far simpler solution I use on other remotes is simply a string of several vol- commands or holding vol- for a few seconds. My other remotes can do held commands in macros. I don't remember if harmony can do that or not. But that solution does require that you manually increase the TV volume later.

In any case, you already have a good solution, so may as well leave it. There is more than one way to skin a cat. After programming many different remotes for many years, I go for the simplest solutions and stick with them since that gives the most reliable results and is easiest to understand. I personally got tired of jumping through all these hoops with harmony a few years ago and went back to full featured remotes that can actually do unlimited macros, which is pretty much any remote except harmony.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page