Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #991 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
moonhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: La Madera, New Mexico
Posts: 3,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpony View Post

Man, I am still having a bitch of a time, almost two weeks later, getting the remote to power my tv on during the "watch tv" activity sequence.

The three devices I use in this chain are : TV (Sony 60A3000 SXRD), Receiver (Onkyo SR605), and DVR (DirecTV HR20). I have tried switching the order in which the devices are powered on to no avail. I have also played around with the inter-device delay settings for the tv. I was able to get it where it worked once, but the next day when I hit the activity button, the tv didn't power on.

I am about at a loss here. Other than this one issue, I am head over heels in love with this remote so far. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone has the same equipment and can tell me what is the best order to have the devices in for powering on, or the best inter-device setting.

Call their support number...those folks are good!

______________________

__________

Dave

moonhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #992 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
joe221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

Call their support number...those folks are good!

Ditto! You may have a bad unit. Did you try returning it to the store or is it a web purchase? Your devices are common and normal, it should just plain work.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
joe221 is offline  
post #993 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Member
 
ducky124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpony View Post

Man, I am still having a bitch of a time, almost two weeks later, getting the remote to power my tv on during the "watch tv" activity sequence.

The three devices I use in this chain are : TV (Sony 60A3000 SXRD), Receiver (Onkyo SR605), and DVR (DirecTV HR20). I have tried switching the order in which the devices are powered on to no avail. I have also played around with the inter-device delay settings for the tv. I was able to get it where it worked once, but the next day when I hit the activity button, the tv didn't power on.

I am about at a loss here. Other than this one issue, I am head over heels in love with this remote so far. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone has the same equipment and can tell me what is the best order to have the devices in for powering on, or the best inter-device setting.

I have same tv but a Pioneer AVR and SA8300 box. But maybe my order can help. First turned on is cable box next is TV then finally AVR

Hope this helps
ducky124 is offline  
post #994 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
OhioLefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did a search and came up with some tips I have already tried.

Here is my problem, I'm switching from a Harmony 676 to a new Harmony One and I can't get a couple of commands to work. The first one is the "Skip Forward" or sometimes referred to as the "30 second commercial skip". I had it working perfectly on my 676 but can't get it to work on the One. I "learned" the command from both my 676 and Comcast remote (originally programmed using the Wiki code) and trying to program it on the One using the "Skip" button under the >>| button. What could I be doing wrong? I'm pretty familiar with using the Harmony software programming my 676 to do whatever I need for almost two (2) years.

The second question is (and I never got this to work with the 676 either) that I have a Sharp LS-52D64U and I can never get either remote to switch to the TV Tuner when I want. The only thing that works is to manually find and press NextInput until it switches to the "TV" input.

Can you guys give me some suggestions? I know I can call Logitech Tech Support but I've been spoiled from all the good help from my friends here at AVS in the other threads I frequent.

For what it's worth, here are my devices, and the 676 still controls everything perfectly and I did set up a seperate account for the H1.

Sharp LC-52D64U
Comcast Motorola DCH-3416
Toshiba HD-XA2
Panasonic DMP-BD30
Onkyo TX-SR705

edit: Just tried to call Support and they closed at 5:30p EST, missed them by 10 minutes!

Thanks in advance...
OhioLefty is offline  
post #995 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Member
 
Mikeb33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Inverness, IL
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have emailed them for support before and they adjusted my settings online and had me upload the remote and it worked!
Mikeb33 is offline  
post #996 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
RadYOacTve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are a few people on here that have been having problems learning codes, including me. When I called tech support they told me they are aware of interference issues when trying to learn a code. They asked if I was using a laptop, how far from the tv, components, kitchen appliances, etc then asked me to unplug my laptop and try learning the code and have the remote as far as the USB cord will allow and this method has worked everytime.

Squareeyes had the same problem and this resolved it as well.

Good luck, let us know you end up solving the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty View Post

I did a search and came up with some tips I have already tried.

Here is my problem, I'm switching from a Harmony 676 to a new Harmony One and I can't get a couple of commands to work. The first one is the "Skip Forward" or sometimes referred to as the "30 second commercial skip". I had it working perfectly on my 676 but can't get it to work on the One. I "learned" the command from both my 676 and Comcast remote (originally programmed using the Wiki code) and trying to program it on the One using the "Skip" button under the >>| button. What could I be doing wrong? I'm pretty familiar with using the Harmony software programming my 676 to do whatever I need for almost two (2) years.

The second question is (and I never got this to work with the 676 either) that I have a Sharp LS-52D64U and I can never get either remote to switch to the TV Tuner when I want. The only thing that works is to manually find and press NextInput until it switches to the "TV" input.

Can you guys give me some suggestions? I know I can call Logitech Tech Support but I've been spoiled from all the good help from my friends here at AVS in the other threads I frequent.

For what it's worth, here are my devices, and the 676 still controls everything perfectly and I did set up a seperate account for the H1.

Sharp LC-52D64U
Comcast Motorola DCH-3416
Toshiba HD-XA2
Panasonic DMP-BD30
Onkyo TX-SR705

edit: Just tried to call Support and they closed at 5:30p EST, missed them by 10 minutes!

Thanks in advance...

RadYOacTve is offline  
post #997 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
OhioLefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

There are a few people on here that have been having problems learning codes, including me. When I called tech support they told me they are aware of interference issues when trying to learn a code. They asked if I was using a laptop, how far from the tv, components, kitchen appliances, etc then asked me to unplug my laptop and try learning the code and have the remote as far as the USB cord will allow and this method has worked everytime.

Squareeyes had the same problem and this resolved it as well.

Good luck, let us know you end up solving the problem.

I swear, you guys are a godsend! I spent about two hours trying to figure this out and never would have dreamed it was the laptop! I went upstairs to a desktop and now it works perfect! I've been using the laptop to program my 676 for over a year now and never would have guessed.

Thanks again RadYOacTve! Thanks for taking a few minutes to end my frustration. I can't begin to tell you how great this forum has been over the past couple of years.

I guess I should have tried to read every post but it's hard when you just want to get something figured out. I will go back and start reading now that I am in more of a relaxed state.

Hopefully I'll be able to give back some helpful info when another member is frustrated and lost.

Thank you again!
OhioLefty is offline  
post #998 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
RadYOacTve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Ohio,

Glad it worked! You can still use your laptop, just unplug the power cord from the laptop.

I agree, this message board and this thread in particular has been really helpful. Especially with a lot of new Harmony users getting help from previous Harmony users that are all new to the ONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty View Post

I swear, you guys are a godsend! I spent about two hours trying to figure this out and never would have dreamed it was the laptop! I went upstairs to a desktop and now it works perfect! I've been using the laptop to program my 676 for over a year now and never would have guessed.

Thanks again RadYOacTve! Thanks for taking a few minutes to end my frustration. I can't begin to tell you how great this forum has been over the past couple of years.

I guess I should have tried to read every post but it's hard when you just want to get something figured out. I will go back and start reading now that I am in more of a relaxed state.

Hopefully I'll be able to give back some helpful info when another member is frustrated and lost.

Thank you again!

RadYOacTve is offline  
post #999 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Okay you guys, maybe you can get me to a happy ending on this one...

Backstory:
I'm able to view the menu of discs in my CD jukebox on my TV through my receiver. It allows me to quickly input text info and also to see a screen's worth of about 10 discs as I scroll up and down the menu.
I'd like to create a sequence in my 'Listen to CD' activity mapped to the remote's hard 'Menu' button that will essentially:
>Turn on my TV
>Switch it to the correct input
>Send the Text Menu command from my reciever's command set

Here's where I'm hitting a snag:
I'm able to add the TV as a device to this activity after setting up the activity I hit the "yes, but I want to add more control...".
After I add the TV, it shows up w/in the activity and the remote sends it a command to go on in the main activity when I switch to 'Listen to CD'. I don't want it to go on w/in the activity, I only want the option to turn it on and off when I want while I'm in that activity.
Short of faking out the remote software by using IR learning to teach a new command to my reciever or disc jukebox that is actually my TV on/off toggle, do you know a way to get the TV On command out of the main activity and just have it available so I can map buttons/sequences with it's IR commands?
Help!
,R

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1000 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
badgerpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bedford, Texas
Posts: 1,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just a reminder, if you like the icons from squareeyes, the link to donate is here:

http://www.iconharmony.com/about.html

The icons are awesome! Thanks.
badgerpilot is offline  
post #1001 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
OhioLefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know it's probably in here somewhere but how do you add icons to the H1? If you can point me to directions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again...
OhioLefty is offline  
post #1002 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
OhioLefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

Hey Ohio,

Glad it worked! You can still use your laptop, just unplug the power cord from the laptop.

I agree, this message board and this thread in particular has been really helpful. Especially with a lot of new Harmony users getting help from previous Harmony users that are all new to the ONE.

The power cord is the culprit? Thanks again, that makes it easier than running back and forth upstairs. Sitting with the laptop on my lap in front of the Home Theater makes it a lot better.
OhioLefty is offline  
post #1003 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty View Post

I know it's probably in here somewhere but how do you add icons to the H1? If you can point me to directions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again...

Ohio,

>Go to your 'Watch TV' activity settings
>Select 'Setup favorite channels' click 'Next'
>Select a slot to which you want to add a graphic and channel number click "Select Image...'
>Grab any of Harmony icons from their bank or click 'Browse...' to search your local drive for the icons you have downloaded.

That should do it.
,R

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1004 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
badgerpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bedford, Texas
Posts: 1,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty View Post

I know it's probably in here somewhere but how do you add icons to the H1? If you can point me to directions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again...

First, download Squareeys' icons to a file. Then, under activities, click on "settings", and you will see a page with the option to "Set up favorite channels." You will then be able to enter channel numbers and browse to the file that you downloaded the icons to and select an image.
badgerpilot is offline  
post #1005 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
OhioLefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

Ohio,

>Go to your 'Watch TV' activity settings
>Select 'Setup favorite channels' click 'Next'
>Select a slot to which you want to add a graphic and channel number click "Select Image...'
>Grab any of Harmony icons from their bank or click 'Browse...' to search your local drive for the icons you have downloaded.

That should do it.
,R

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

First, download Squareeys' icons to a file. Then, under activities, click on "settings", and you will see a page with the option to "Set up favorite channels." You will then be able to enter channel numbers and browse to the file that you downloaded the icons to and select an image.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
OhioLefty is offline  
post #1006 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
RadYOacTve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to know this as well.

I've added my zone 2 of my receiver and my lutron lights into the "watch family room tv" activity so I have access to each device on the button pages of the activity. When I review the settings for this activity it shows that it both devices are turning on but a call to tech support said that on their simulator neither are turning on and my tests prove that. I was not told if there was a specific way to add a device to an activity without making the remote want to turn it on or off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

Okay you guys, maybe you can get me to a happy ending on this one...

Backstory:
I'm able to view the menu of discs in my CD jukebox on my TV through my receiver. It allows me to quickly input text info and also to see a screen's worth of about 10 discs as I scroll up and down the menu.
I'd like to create a sequence in my 'Listen to CD' activity mapped to the remote's hard 'Menu' button that will essentially:
>Turn on my TV
>Switch it to the correct input
>Send the Text Menu command from my reciever's command set

Here's where I'm hitting a snag:
I'm able to add the TV as a device to this activity after setting up the activity I hit the "yes, but I want to add more control...".
After I add the TV, it shows up w/in the activity and the remote sends it a command to go on in the main activity when I switch to 'Listen to CD'. I don't want it to go on w/in the activity, I only want the option to turn it on and off when I want while I'm in that activity.
Short of faking out the remote software by using IR learning to teach a new command to my reciever or disc jukebox that is actually my TV on/off toggle, do you know a way to get the TV On command out of the main activity and just have it available so I can map buttons/sequences with it's IR commands?
Help!
,R

RadYOacTve is offline  
post #1007 of 11346 Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

I'd like to know this as well.

I've added my zone 2 of my receiver and my lutron lights into the "watch family room tv" activity so I have access to each device on the button pages of the activity. When I review the settings for this activity it shows that it both devices are turning on but a call to tech support said that on their simulator neither are turning on and my tests prove that. I was not told if there was a specific way to add a device to an activity without making the remote want to turn it on or off.

Thanks. It definitely turns on my TV when I go to listen to my CD. I'm updating remote with the "fake out" learned IR method right now.
Will keep my fingers crossed.
,R

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1008 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 05:22 AM
Newbie
 
JackBauer24ctu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I am having trouble getting the inputs on the Sharp Aquos LC32GD9E
working correctly. I have programmed an action on the HO (Harmony One) for watching TV.

I have defined the Inputs as followed: TV, DTV, EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, EXT5 and EXT6.

When I now start the action the wrong input channel is used. For "TV" for example "EXT3" is used.

In addition I have a TVIX 6500A HD-Player connected on EXT6 via HDMI cable. When I choose my programmed "HD Playback" Option EXT5 is used. But I have configured it to Ext6. Whats wrong here? I think the input sources
are totally mixed up? What must I Do to correct this? I already moved the Inputs in the Config App in order up and down or renamed the Inputs (Input5->Input6). But this did not solve my problem.

I would appreciate any comment on this matter.

Thanks.
Thomas

PS: How could I delete a command in the Config App which was learned by the HO before? I never see a button to delete a programmed key? Is it possible?
JackBauer24ctu is offline  
post #1009 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
speedoflight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

Okay you guys, maybe you can get me to a happy ending on this one...

Here's where I'm hitting a snag:
I'm able to add the TV as a device to this activity after setting up the activity I hit the "yes, but I want to add more control...".
After I add the TV, it shows up w/in the activity and the remote sends it a command to go on in the main activity when I switch to 'Listen to CD'. I don't want it to go on w/in the activity, I only want the option to turn it on and off when I want while I'm in that activity.
Short of faking out the remote software by using IR learning to teach a new command to my reciever or disc jukebox that is actually my TV on/off toggle, do you know a way to get the TV On command out of the main activity and just have it available so I can map buttons/sequences with it's IR commands?
Help!
,R

You could just use the device menu to choose the TV after the activity is active to turn the TV on and/or off then go back to the activity. I do this often when I want to change the surround mode on the pre-amp or change the screen aspect on the TV.
speedoflight is offline  
post #1010 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
speedoflight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24ctu View Post

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the inputs on the Sharp Aquos LC32GD9E
working correctly. I have programmed an action on the HO (Harmony One) for watching TV.

I have defined the Inputs as followed: TV, DTV, EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, EXT5 and EXT6.

When I now start the action the wrong input channel is used. For "TV" for example "EXT3" is used.

In addition I have a TVIX 6500A HD-Player connected on EXT6 via HDMI cable. When I choose my programmed "HD Playback" Option EXT5 is used. But I have configured it to Ext6. Whats wrong here? I think the input sources
are totally mixed up? What must I Do to correct this? I already moved the Inputs in the Config App in order up and down or renamed the Inputs (Input5->Input6). But this did not solve my problem.

I would appreciate any comment on this matter.

Thanks.
Thomas

PS: How could I delete a command in the Config App which was learned by the HO before? I never see a button to delete a programmed key? Is it possible?

You can add commands to an activity to set the TV to the input you want. I don't remember the exact spot in the software but I've done this on mine. It's probably under I want to add more control menu option.
speedoflight is offline  
post #1011 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24ctu View Post

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the inputs on the Sharp Aquos LC32GD9E
working correctly. I have programmed an action on the HO (Harmony One) for watching TV.

I have defined the Inputs as followed: TV, DTV, EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, EXT5 and EXT6.

When I now start the action the wrong input channel is used. For "TV" for example "EXT3" is used.

In addition I have a TVIX 6500A HD-Player connected on EXT6 via HDMI cable. When I choose my programmed "HD Playback" Option EXT5 is used. But I have configured it to Ext6. Whats wrong here? I think the input sources
are totally mixed up? What must I Do to correct this? I already moved the Inputs in the Config App in order up and down or renamed the Inputs (Input5->Input6). But this did not solve my problem.

I would appreciate any comment on this matter.

Thanks.
Thomas

PS: How could I delete a command in the Config App which was learned by the HO before? I never see a button to delete a programmed key? Is it possible?

From your post it sounds like you have discrete commands for all your inputs but that they are incorrect in the Harmony DB. This is a similar problem I experienced with a few of my devices. I had to manually relearn the IR signals from the original remotes and I let Harmony support know they were wrong in their DB. I don't know if they corrected them or not, but at least everything now works correctly.
,R

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1012 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflight View Post

You could just use the device menu to choose the TV after the activity is active to turn the TV on and/or off then go back to the activity. I do this often when I want to change the surround mode on the pre-amp or change the screen aspect on the TV.

That's what I used to do. I became tired of navigating around the remote UI and added many of the different speaker volume commands and TV screen commands to the activities in which I use them. For instance, I can now control the center and sub surround speakers right from my 'Watch TV' activity's screen. It's more convenient that way.
For the CD menu I thought I'd take advantage of the 'sequences' feature and try to make it a seamless command. It looks like it's working with the faking out method and I just need to get the delay for the TV on/off down.

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1013 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTve View Post

I'd like to know this as well.

I've added my zone 2 of my receiver and my lutron lights into the "watch family room tv" activity so I have access to each device on the button pages of the activity. When I review the settings for this activity it shows that it both devices are turning on but a call to tech support said that on their simulator neither are turning on and my tests prove that. I was not told if there was a specific way to add a device to an activity without making the remote want to turn it on or off.

Eric,
I got it to work with the fake out method. It worked better when I used the 'Raw' learning mode and held the TV power button on the original remote down a little longer. That seems to have worked as a delay from w/in the sequence.
Of course, this method only helps someone if they have the original remote. At least my TV stays off now when I go to listen to a CD.
,R

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1014 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Newbie
 
JackBauer24ctu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

From your post it sounds like you have discrete commands for all your inputs but that they are incorrect in the Harmony DB. This is a similar problem I experienced with a few of my devices. I had to manually relearn the IR signals from the original remotes and I let Harmony support know they were wrong in their DB. I don't know if they corrected them or not, but at least everything now works correctly.
,R

I have emailed tech-support. So let's see with which solution they come up with.
JackBauer24ctu is offline  
post #1015 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
 
speedoflight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

That's what I used to do. I became tired of navigating around the remote UI and added many of the different speaker volume commands and TV screen commands to the activities in which I use them. For instance, I can now control the center and sub surround speakers right from my 'Watch TV' activity's screen. It's more convenient that way.
For the CD menu I thought I'd take advantage of the 'sequences' feature and try to make it a seamless command. It looks like it's working with the faking out method and I just need to get the delay for the TV on/off down.

Do you have these special commands mapped to the touch screen or hard buttons?
speedoflight is offline  
post #1016 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
squareeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san diego, california, usa
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflight View Post

Do you have these special commands mapped to the touch screen or hard buttons?

Touch screen, and usually side-by-side for volume function. So that left side is 'Volume Sub +" and right side is 'Volume Sub -'.
Although I just mapped that CD Jukebox onscreen menu sequence to the 'Menu' hard button on the remote.

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
squareeyes is offline  
post #1017 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
joe221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24ctu View Post

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the inputs on the Sharp Aquos LC32GD9E
working correctly. I have programmed an action on the HO (Harmony One) for watching TV.

I have defined the Inputs as followed: TV, DTV, EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, EXT5 and EXT6.

When I now start the action the wrong input channel is used. For "TV" for example "EXT3" is used.

In addition I have a TVIX 6500A HD-Player connected on EXT6 via HDMI cable. When I choose my programmed "HD Playback" Option EXT5 is used. But I have configured it to Ext6. Whats wrong here? I think the input sources
are totally mixed up? What must I Do to correct this? I already moved the Inputs in the Config App in order up and down or renamed the Inputs (Input5->Input6). But this did not solve my problem.

I would appreciate any comment on this matter.

Thanks.
Thomas

PS: How could I delete a command in the Config App which was learned by the HO before? I never see a button to delete a programmed key? Is it possible?

While waiting for your reply, try this . On the remote go into your TV device. On the LCD you'll see all the commands displayed on pages in the LCD. Verify what each one does. You may find errors and misslabeling but they're all there. I did on my Mits TV and adjusted acordingly. You also may be surprised at what you find on the good side too. Often the discretes can do a lot more than the original remote and it's not labeled well. Sometimes not... As for deleting learned commands, I don't know, if you find out please post!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
joe221 is offline  
post #1018 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Newbie
 
veevsato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just upgraded from the 688 to the One. The upgrade function of the harmony app worked fine. Just one question. I noticed when I switch to my tivo hd activity the screen has these nice thumbs up and down icons, but everything else is just a box with text. Anybody know how to replace the text boxes with icons. For example, I would love to be able to replace the word tivo with the little tivo guy as an icon....

Thanks in advance.
veevsato is offline  
post #1019 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
GR1MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have just bought my Harmony One today.I want to use it on my PS3,but I have to buy a PS3 remote with an adapter to plug into the USB to accept the signal.Does any PS3 IR remote work?Which is the Best???

XBOX: xxx GR1MM xxx
PS3: GR1MM
GR1MM is offline  
post #1020 of 11346 Old 03-02-2008, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SaltiDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

I have just bought my Harmony One today.I want to use it on my PS3,but I have to buy a PS3 remote with an adapter to plug into the USB to accept the signal.Does any PS3 IR remote work?Which is the Best???

You are actually looking for a solution that includes an IR dongle to plug into one of your PS3's USB ports. There are a couple of devices by Intec and Nyko.

I use a device found here: http://www.schmartz.com/main.sc

You may want to do some reading here to compare various options: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=946674

If being able to remotely power the PS3 On and Off by IR commands, be sure to do your homework before choosing which to buy.
SaltiDawg is offline  
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off