Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #11281 of 11305 Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just picked up a Harmony Ultimate One and had a question about an Activity. Everything is working flawlessly, but I would like the Watch TV Activity to default to the Number pad instead of the favorites. I assume there is a way to do this instead of having to scroll over.

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11282 of 11305 Old 06-01-2014, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post

Just picked up a Harmony Ultimate One and had a question about an Activity. Everything is working flawlessly, but I would like the Watch TV Activity to default to the Number pad instead of the favorites. I assume there is a way to do this instead of having to scroll over.

Activities tab-->Settings (for the Watch TV Activity)-->Setup Favorite Channels and add icons-->Un-tic the box that reads, "Show these channels on my remote when I start my activity."

(this is how you do it with the local Logitech 7.x software. I assume the web-based version is similar.

post #11283 of 11305 Old 06-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post

Activities tab-->Settings (for the Watch TV Activity)-->Setup Favorite Channels and add icons-->Un-tic the box that reads, "Show these channels on my remote when I start my activity."

(this is how you do it with the local Logitech 7.x software. I assume the web-based version is similar.

cool, thanks for the help. I was able to get it set up!

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #11284 of 11305 Old 06-08-2014, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You can also setup the Number Pad to be the default screen when starting an Activity, on the remote. Select the Menu Icon on the LCD screen, select Settings, select Activities, selct Startup Screen, select the Activity you want to change, then select the Numbers. Select Done when you are finished
post #11285 of 11305 Old 06-16-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Are there any good replacement batteries for the H1 that are cheaper then the actual Logitech battery? Mine barely holds a charge anymore, I've had it almost 6 years now I guess. Right now I can't even get the battery out of the remote so I guess it has the swell issue, haven't tried pliers yet. I found some cheaper ones on Amazon, just wondering if anyone hear had used a non-Logitech replacement with success?

I didn't even know there was an issue with these batteries until now. Why didn't Harmony notify customers of this defect, especially if they are refusing to help anyone now.

PSN ID: RollTide1017

Last edited by rolltide1017; 06-16-2014 at 01:18 PM.
post #11286 of 11305 Old 06-16-2014, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Are there any good replacement batteries for the H1 that are cheaper then the actual Logitech battery? Mine barely holds a charge anymore, I've had it almost 6 years now I guess. Right now I can't even get the battery out of the remote so I guess it has the swell issue, haven't tried pliers yet. I found some cheaper ones on Amazon, just wondering if anyone hear had used a non-Logitech replacement with success.
I've had mixed results buying different batteries on Amazon and EBay. Some good some meh. My advice to you, before taking pliers to it. Call Logitech and specifically say to them that the battery is swollen and won't come out unless you risk damaging it. I've heard good things may happen. Good luck, it's worth the call. Report back.

Joe
int_architect likes this.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #11287 of 11305 Old 06-16-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I did call and they are going to send me an Ultimate One. They just need me to email a picture of the battery stuck in the remote and the PID number. I've already received the email about my case being setup.

I really wasn't expecting a completely new remote, I was just hoping to get a new battery.
int_architect likes this.
post #11288 of 11305 Old 06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I did call and they are going to send me an Ultimate One. They just need me to email a picture of the battery stuck in the remote and the PID number. I've already received the email about my case being setup.

I really wasn't expecting a completely new remote, I was just hoping to get a new battery.
You may yet wish that's what they did. Assuming the battery hasn't actually hurt your remote, you may be able to get it out and replace the battery. Some H1 users do not consider the Ultimate an upgrade.
post #11289 of 11305 Old 06-16-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm glad they did that, that's why I was coy, not sure if they still did the swap out. As for the U1, I have it and the Ultimate. I was not as happy as with my 900, Randy Cohen's icons look best on a 900. Still, I'm getting used to them and actually rather like them now. As they keep upgrading the firmware they've made some good improvements. There is a learning curve but you can easily upgrade the U1 to a full RF Ultimate by buying a kit with the blaster in it. Maybe a refurbished Smart Remote set. Yes it has less hard buttons but the touch screen is big and mostly pretty responsive. Good luck and report back!

post #11290 of 11305 Old 06-16-2014, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

So, the Ultimate One can be upgrade to the Ultimate by just purchasing the Ultimate Hub? Does that mean that the Ultimate One does support RF but it is just disabled out of the box?

One last question, will I be able to import my current H1 settings to the U1, or will I be starting from scratch?

Edit: I found the answer to my last question, the software gives you a chance to import settings from another remote after you create a new account for the U1.

PSN ID: RollTide1017

Last edited by rolltide1017; 06-16-2014 at 09:13 PM.
post #11291 of 11305 Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 AM

Liked: 10
I called them 2 years ago and they sent me a brand new H1 with a battery -no charge. Not an Ultimate, a Harmony One.
post #11292 of 11305 Old 06-17-2014, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So, the Ultimate One can be upgrade to the Ultimate by just purchasing the Ultimate Hub? Does that mean that the Ultimate One does support RF but it is just disabled out of the box?

One last question, will I be able to import my current H1 settings to the U1, or will I be starting from scratch?

Edit: I found the answer to my last question, the software gives you a chance to import settings from another remote after you create a new account for the U1.
Essentially, yes. The U1 is exactly a U with no hub kit. When you install it, and yes it's from scratch, you will see an upgrade offer. You can also shop and find the best deal on a kit you'd like. My main gripe was all the new series are restricted to one set of 50 icons locked to one provider. I had 3 providers and as many icons as Randy could create. LOL That ended, but also on my side. So I dealt with the limit and like the lighter weight. I'm not a fan of a sealed battery but I also have iOS devices soooo. You will notice it's faster and has a bunch of newer features that just sneak up on you as,,, hey that's nice! Enjoy!

post #11293 of 11305 Old 06-19-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kininn View Post
I called them 2 years ago and they sent me a brand new H1 with a battery -no charge. Not an Ultimate, a Harmony One.
I had the same experience with my two Harmony One remotes.
post #11294 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a Harmony One. How can I set it up to make the closed captioning turn on and off with one click while watching DirecTV? I cannot figure out how to search this thread for the information I need, if it is already posted.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! ?Thanks for reading.

post #11295 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSteam View Post
I have a Harmony One. How can I set it up to make the closed captioning turn on and off with one click while watching DirecTV? I cannot figure out how to search this thread for the information I need, if it is already posted.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! ?Thanks for reading.
You need to make 2 sequences, one for On and another for Off, using the same steps you manually take today. If it's more than 5 steps, you'll have to use the raw learn trick, where you can probably squeeze up to 15 commands in a sequence. I think it goes something like: Yellow, arrow (down a few times), Select.
post #11296 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
You need to make 2 sequences, one for On and another for Off, using the same steps you manually take today. If it's more than 5 steps, you'll have to use the raw learn trick, where you can probably squeeze up to 15 commands in a sequence. I think it goes something like: Yellow, arrow (down a few times), Select.
Hi thanks for the response. I don't see any yellow arrows. It is 6 steps though, so I will try to find info on "raw learn" in the manual. I haven't touched this remote since its initial setup, other than to use it!

post #11297 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSteam View Post
Hi thanks for the response. I don't see any yellow arrows. It is 6 steps though, so I will try to find info on "raw learn" in the manual. I haven't touched this remote since its initial setup, other than to use it!
There's a comma between yellow and arrows. Do DirecTV remotes not have a yellow button anymore? The manual isn't going to help you with raw learns. Check out the sticky Harmony Tips thread here.

I haven't had DirecTV in years, so I can't remember all the details.
post #11298 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
There's a comma between yellow and arrows. Do DirecTV remotes not have a yellow button anymore? The manual isn't going to help you with raw learns. Check out the sticky Harmony Tips thread here.

I haven't had DirecTV in years, so I can't remember all the details.
I will check out the sticky, thanks!

post #11299 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Are there any good replacement batteries for the H1 that are cheaper then the actual Logitech battery? Mine barely holds a charge anymore, I've had it almost 6 years now I guess. Right now I can't even get the battery out of the remote so I guess it has the swell issue, haven't tried pliers yet. I found some cheaper ones on Amazon, just wondering if anyone hear had used a non-Logitech replacement with success?

I didn't even know there was an issue with these batteries until now. Why didn't Harmony notify customers of this defect, especially if they are refusing to help anyone now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
I've had mixed results buying different batteries on Amazon and EBay. Some good some meh. My advice to you, before taking pliers to it. Call Logitech and specifically say to them that the battery is swollen and won't come out unless you risk damaging it. I've heard good things may happen. Good luck, it's worth the call. Report back.
Quote:

This is good stuff! I have the same problem with my six year old H1, which sucks because it was the only gift I requested for my first Father's Day. I contacted Logitech and about 15 minutes ago sent them the photos they requested. Waiting to hear back...
post #11300 of 11305 Old 06-23-2014, 04:11 PM

How to briefly explain; I have the DirecTV Genie. I set up a sequence to turn on & off the Closed Captioning. The One learned the sequence perfectly, I see it move through each step. However, the result is it brings up a mini guide, (a one line on the bottom of TV screen showing whats on.) instead of turning on/off CC! Did it need delays between steps? It moves correctly to each item. After this many hours, I give up for today. Again, any ideas greatly appreciated.
DwB

post #11301 of 11305 Old 07-10-2014, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Do they require you to send the H1 back to them? I've got the same issue, and while I'd love them to send me a new battery, or a new H1, and I'd certainly love to try out the Ultimate One, but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer taking my chances with replacing the battery myself than having to completely give up the H1.
post #11302 of 11305 Old 07-10-2014, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordredKLB View Post
Do they require you to send the H1 back to them? I've got the same issue, and while I'd love them to send me a new battery, or a new H1, and I'd certainly love to try out the Ultimate One, but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer taking my chances with replacing the battery myself than having to completely give up the H1.
They use the ID code to kill the remote. It will no longer ever be able to connect for programming. They don't ask for the remote back. At least that was how they did it before.
I believe the picture is to prove the battery is theirs and not a third party battery.

post #11303 of 11305 Old 07-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
They use the ID code to kill the remote. It will no longer ever be able to connect for programming. They don't ask for the remote back. At least that was how they did it before.
I believe the picture is to prove the battery is theirs and not a third party battery.
Well, that makes sense. Guess I won't be contacting them. I love my H1 too much to give it up.
post #11304 of 11305 Old 07-10-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordredKLB View Post
Well, that makes sense. Guess I won't be contacting them. I love my H1 too much to give it up.
My One is now retired but still usable. I have the U in the living room my 900 in my bedroom and another U1 converted to a U in my mom's bedroom, retiring her 700. Yeah there's a lot of Harmony here. I had issues with the U but over time I've grown to like it a lot. My need of multiple favorite set ups went away. That is the weak link. It works well, is fast and smaller and lighter. Randy's icons looke best on the 900 then the One last is the U/U1. Three across icons make them too small to look good. Still 50 on one sliding screen is easier than the 24 of the One/900. But only one set of 50 not multiple activities easy with 24. I'm living. It's very nice that a U1 can easily convert to a U by adding the blaster kit. The remote is identicle. Overall I'm very happy with the U series.

post #11305 of 11305 Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
My One is now retired but still usable.
I figured that would be the case. Unfortunately, I do a fair amount of upgrading, and just bought a new TV, and will probably be changing a bunch of other things in the near future. Maybe afterwards I'll bite the bullet and see what they say, but for now I'll probably be changing configs fairly frequently.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page