AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Thanks guys - much appreciated.
I don't know yet if the OEM battery will come out or if it's swollen; will check on this soon. Just thought that after 7 yrs I should probably get a new battery for it. I have noticed that my H1 needs recharging sooner than it used to.

UPDATE: The OEM battery is very swollen in both of my H1s and they're not budging, so I have emailed Logitech support for a solution...keeping my fingers crossed.
They will probably offer you a Ultimate One. IMHO they are much better than the forum gives them credit for. Not perfect but I've been using the Ultimate for months now and am quite used to it. Yes I miss some things but I'm mostly over it.
I'd advise taking it if offered. They are also easily upgradable to Ultimate (RF) as the remote is the Ultimate just without the RF kit.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 11382 Old 10-19-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feirstein View Post
I just replaced my One with a Touch. I'll report back if it is an adequate substitute.
Touch < Ultimate One. They basically fixed the errors they made in the Touch. Can you still return it? Yes it's that different.

post #11373 of 11382 Old 10-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Which Harmony model do they typically offer as a replacement for the H1?
I believe they're replacing it with a touch.
post #11374 of 11382 Old 10-19-2014, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
I believe they're replacing it with a touch.

The last reported replacement was an Ultimate One. The Touch is discontinued.

post #11375 of 11382 Old 10-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Does Logitech require the problematic H1 be shipped back to them as part of the exchange?

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #11376 of 11382 Old 10-19-2014, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does Logitech require the problematic H1 be shipped back to them as part of the exchange?
No, the ID code you give them will enable them to kill the remote. You can still use it as it sits but never program it again.
Sometimes they asked for a part but I don't think they do that any more.

post #11377 of 11382 Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Logitech says my two H1's (with swollen batteries) will be replaced with two Ultimate Ones, which is an impressive gesture of good will.
So, this old dog will need to learn some new tricks. This H1 thread has been a great source of knowledge for everyone for many years, as I'm sure all will agree.
Has a similar Official Harmony Ultimate One Thread (of similar depth of knowledge) been established on AVS? If not, then any recommendations for HU1 knowledge and tips?

post #11378 of 11382 Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Logitech says my two H1's (with swollen batteries) will be replaced with two Ultimate Ones, which is an impressive gesture of good will.
So, this old dog will need to learn some new tricks. This H1 thread has been a great source of knowledge for everyone for many years, as I'm sure all will agree.
Has a similar Official Harmony Ultimate One Thread (of similar depth of knowledge) been established on AVS? If not, then any recommendations for HU1 knowledge and tips?
Great to hear! I knew the last One was replaced with a U1 so I figured that was still the deal.
Go to the Ultimate thread. The U1 is essentially an Ultimate without the RF kit. Easy upgrade BTW. I have both the U and the U1 which I upgraded with Smart control kit. My last One is doing kitchen TV duty and its power button is getting wonky. Enjoy the new hardware.

post #11379 of 11382 Old 10-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
...Go to the Ultimate thread. The U1 is essentially an Ultimate without the RF kit...
Will do - thanks Joe.

post #11380 of 11382 Old 10-28-2014, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
No, the ID code you give them will enable them to kill the remote. You can still use it as it sits but never program it again.
Sometimes they asked for a part but I don't think they do that any more.
A year or two back I called to inquire about my Harmony One, that didn't seem to last very long (maybe 2-3 days?) with a fully charged battery. I had replaced the battery with a new one, and the situation didn't change. Anyway, Logitech sent me a replacement. The new one lasts 5-6 days with similar use. They said I could hold on to the old one, no need to send it back. And they didn't appear to "kill" it either, I am still able to use it, and I'm still able to program it. I relegated it to the bedroom instead of the living room, reprogrammed it with a smaller set of A/V equipment, and it sits on the recharging cradle whenever it's not in use.

I realize this is a YMMV situation, and the current replacement of an Ultimate One (after seven YEARS of ownership?!?) is a much better deal (I mean, WOW!) so perhaps the terms of the replacement are different.
post #11381 of 11382 Old 10-28-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
A year or two back I called to inquire about my Harmony One, that didn't seem to last very long (maybe 2-3 days?) with a fully charged battery. I had replaced the battery with a new one, and the situation didn't change. Anyway, Logitech sent me a replacement. The new one lasts 5-6 days with similar use. They said I could hold on to the old one, no need to send it back. And they didn't appear to "kill" it either, I am still able to use it, and I'm still able to program it. I relegated it to the bedroom instead of the living room, reprogrammed it with a smaller set of A/V equipment, and it sits on the recharging cradle whenever it's not in use.

I realize this is a YMMV situation, and the current replacement of an Ultimate One (after seven YEARS of ownership?!?) is a much better deal (I mean, WOW!) so perhaps the terms of the replacement are different.
Typical was killing the bad one. Things Change.

post #11382 of 11382 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Their policy keeps changing on this. When I had my swollen battery issue they were still selling the H1, and the only thing they would offer me was a 'discount' on a new one in the online store that would still make it more expensive than street prices were at the time (no free swap out). I was able to pry that battery out with a thin knife, a screw driver, a pair of needle nosed pliers, and a bit of force. That unit is a bit worn on the front, but still works better than the newer model H1 upstairs I got when CostCo was clearing them out.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page