Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #11401 of 11408 Old 11-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have an Harmony one that I set up a few years ago. No issues with it. Ordered a new receiver (and might get a new tv soon) so I will need to go back in and reconfigure everything.
I also just upgraded to Windows 8.1 so I guess I need to get the logitech software. I thought I had read over the last year or so that the harmony software is not the same anymore and was "crippled" in some way???? Is that true?

Once I figure out the software issue, is there a preferred way of swapping receivers? IOW, do I just go in and remove the old one and add the new one and change all the inputs or is it best to just wipe it all and start over? I have a tivo, blu ray, WD Live, Xbox, samsung tv. So, not a ton of things but a few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11402 of 11408 Old 11-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

I have an Harmony one that I set up a few years ago. No issues with it. Ordered a new receiver (and might get a new tv soon) so I will need to go back in and reconfigure everything.
I also just upgraded to Windows 8.1 so I guess I need to get the logitech software. I thought I had read over the last year or so that the harmony software is not the same anymore and was "crippled" in some way???? Is that true?

Once I figure out the software issue, is there a preferred way of swapping receivers? IOW, do I just go in and remove the old one and add the new one and change all the inputs or is it best to just wipe it all and start over? I have a tivo, blu ray, WD Live, Xbox, samsung tv. So, not a ton of things but a few.
post #11403 of 11408 Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post

You can still use the same software and your old account to make change to your Harmony One, just install the Harmony Desktop 7.7 software on your Windows 8.1 PC you can download it here http://support.myharmony.com/en/download?testing=true# go down to the bottom and under Have a Different Remote, and select Get the Software, ignore the link for Harmony One Harmony One+ that will be the new MyHarmony software, and will require you to create a new account
post #11404 of 11408 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
I have an Harmony one that I set up a few years ago. No issues with it. Ordered a new receiver (and might get a new tv soon) so I will need to go back in and reconfigure everything...Once I figure out the software issue, is there a preferred way of swapping receivers? IOW, do I just go in and remove the old one and add the new one and change all the inputs or is it best to just wipe it all and start over? I have a tivo, blu ray, WD Live, Xbox, samsung tv. So, not a ton of things but a few.
No need to wipe everything out and start over. Your H1 will control up to 15 devices, so I suggest you simply add the new receiver, then re-run the setup wizard for each of your Activities that will use the new receiver. Once you're fully satisfied that all of your Activities are re-set up and working perfectly, then you can always go back at your convenience and "dump" the old receiver into the device trashcan icon.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #11405 of 11408 Old Today, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Great idea. Thank you so much for the reply.
post #11406 of 11408 Old Today, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Back again with another question.

I have a tivo roamio I am able to control with my harmony. One thing that is missing unless I have overlooked it is a page up and page down. I don't even think the original remote has this so I'm not sure if this can be accomplished but figured I'd ask.
post #11407 of 11408 Old Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Back again with another question.

I have a tivo roamio I am able to control with my harmony. One thing that is missing unless I have overlooked it is a page up and page down. I don't even think the original remote has this so I'm not sure if this can be accomplished but figured I'd ask.
Don't have a Roamio, but on other Tivos, Chan up/down = Page up/down.
post #11408 of 11408 Old Today, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 42
2 H1s

I have two Harmony Ones, but the Logitech software doesn't seem to have a way of dealing with more than one setup. I need to change settings in the second unit. How can this be handled?

db

Thorens TD 124, SME Series III arm with Ortofon SME 30 H cartridge into Parasound JC-3 phono stage
Ayre C-5xeMP, Oppo BDP-105, & Sony XA5400ES disc players
Parasound JC-2 preamp into Proceed HPA amps
KEF Reference 107/2 mains & 102 surrounds
Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers & a pair of HGS-15 subs
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page