Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 382 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > A/V Control & Automation > Remote Control Area > Official Logitech Harmony One thread

Remote Control Area

jsmiddleton4's Avatar jsmiddleton4
06:04 PM Liked: 31
post #11431 of 11456
12-08-2014 | Posts: 3,342
Setting up a Pioneer 1124. Some times it feels like I need to adjust some of the default delays, time between button commands being sent, etc.

Wanted to check if anyone else with an 1124 and the Harmony One has dialed in any of those kinds of remote options and if so what values did you end up with?
de8212's Avatar de8212
07:12 AM Liked: 13
post #11432 of 11456
12-10-2014 | Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Every now and then my Harmony goes to the right input on my receiver, I get a second or two of audio and video and then it goes to another input. Pressing help fixes it but I'd like to add a delay and then have it go back to the right input.

I've gone through the software and can't seem to find a way.
Still can't get this to work. I've added a 2 second delay (which I thought was plenty of time) but it still ends up at the wrong input. And it's happening more often now.
ejhuzy's Avatar ejhuzy
10:36 AM Liked: 14
post #11433 of 11456
12-10-2014 | Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Still can't get this to work. I've added a 2 second delay (which I thought was plenty of time) but it still ends up at the wrong input. And it's happening more often now.
Maybe it's not the delay, but repeats? IIRC there's another setting (sort of like the delay) that says how many times the command is repeated. Hope that's right, doing that from my memory. Sorry if I'm wrong.
rehaz1's Avatar rehaz1
07:00 AM Liked: 17
post #11434 of 11456
12-11-2014 | Posts: 295
Quote:
It sounds like you have HDMI-CEC control turned on, on one or more of your devices, this needs to be turned off, see thishttp://support.myharmony.com/en/unde...g-hdmi-and-cec
de8212's Avatar de8212
07:23 AM Liked: 13
post #11435 of 11456
12-11-2014 | Posts: 747
I think you might be right. The only issue with that is my new samsung tv has some "smart" hub or something that utilizes it.
jyung's Avatar jyung
12:29 PM Liked: 10
post #11436 of 11456
12-11-2014 | Posts: 16
I recently discovered that my One has a swollen battery. The battery has the blue label, and it is swollen enough that I cannot remove it with my fingers; I'm hesitant to use more force.

Random google searches have shown that up to last year, people were having success with Logitech replacing the remote with a current remote, even well out of the warranty period. Has anyone had success recently? How did you contact Logitech?

I contacted Logitech through the support email link at http://myharmony.com/ a few days ago, but no response.

TIA.
Sgooter's Avatar Sgooter
01:19 PM Liked: 20
post #11437 of 11456
12-11-2014 | Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyung View Post
I recently discovered that my One has a swollen battery. The battery has the blue label, and it is swollen enough that I cannot remove it with my fingers; I'm hesitant to use more force.
Random google searches have shown that up to last year, people were having success with Logitech replacing the remote with a current remote, even well out of the warranty period. Has anyone had success recently? How did you contact Logitech?..
Eventually, you should receive a response from someone at customercare@logitech.com. If they are willing and able to help you, a case number will be issued and further discussions and actions will follow, such as you sending them a photo showing your H1's serial number and the swollen blue stripe battery (not removed). If all is in order, they may opt to send you a new remote; most likely a Harmony Ultimate One. Good luck!
balboa dave's Avatar balboa dave
03:17 AM Liked: 14
post #11438 of 11456
12-12-2014 | Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyung View Post

Random google searches have shown that up to last year, people were having success with Logitech replacing the remote with a current remote, even well out of the warranty period. Has anyone had success recently? How did you contact Logitech?

I contacted Logitech through the support email link at http://myharmony.com/ a few days ago, but no response.

TIA.
I pulled mine out with a butter knife (flat and not sharp) under it to lift and hold it up above the retaining ridge, and a pair of pliers to pull it out. It took a couple of tries, but it worked.
NYC Guy's Avatar NYC Guy
06:13 AM Liked: 10
post #11439 of 11456
12-12-2014 | Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post
I pulled mine out with a butter knife (flat and not sharp) under it to lift and hold it up above the retaining ridge, and a pair of pliers to pull it out. It took a couple of tries, but it worked.
I was successful with this type of method also. I used a small needle nose pliers and a very thin slot head type screwdriver. You insert the screwdriver first and lift the battery slightly and then pull the battery out with the needlenose pliers. My battery was pretty swollen and I was surprised about how easily the battery was able to come out.
kjpjr's Avatar kjpjr
03:08 PM Liked: 20
post #11440 of 11456
12-14-2014 | Posts: 545
About 6 weeks ago I asked for help with my remote and got several replies but none of them really worked so I am going to try again. I appreciate the help from last time, let us see what happens this time.

My Harmony One turns on all 3 things about 15% of the time. The other times I need to use the help button to get the cable box to turn on and then to get the sound bar to turn on. Today it took about 3 or 4 minutes to get all running. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV, Cisco cable box and a Vizio sound bar. The TV always turns on but the other two -- maybe. I would go back to the TWC remote but their remote will not let me enter a 4 digit code and the sound bar has a 4 digit code. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and done that again. The tech service at Harmony talked me through it the first time. I have set the delays to longer times. I really do not know what I can do. There also is an occasional problem turning everything off but only about 10% of the time. Ever notice how the little things drive you crazy! Help, maybe, please! Harmony tech says they can do no more and are not willing to stand behind the product. This remote is becoming very close to a door stop
mylan's Avatar mylan
03:46 PM Liked: 74
post #11441 of 11456
12-14-2014 | Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpjr View Post
About 6 weeks ago I asked for help with my remote and got several replies but none of them really worked so I am going to try again. I appreciate the help from last time, let us see what happens this time.

My Harmony One turns on all 3 things about 15% of the time. The other times I need to use the help button to get the cable box to turn on and then to get the sound bar to turn on. Today it took about 3 or 4 minutes to get all running. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV, Cisco cable box and a Vizio sound bar. The TV always turns on but the other two -- maybe. I would go back to the TWC remote but their remote will not let me enter a 4 digit code and the sound bar has a 4 digit code. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and done that again. The tech service at Harmony talked me through it the first time. I have set the delays to longer times. I really do not know what I can do. There also is an occasional problem turning everything off but only about 10% of the time. Ever notice how the little things drive you crazy! Help, maybe, please! Harmony tech says they can do no more and are not willing to stand behind the product. This remote is becoming very close to a door stop
Keeping it simple first, make sure you are holding the remote toward the equipment long enough for all the commands to be issued. I've never had a problem but sometimes my wife will pick it up, press the button and drop the remote on the sofa and has this same problem.
49Merc's Avatar 49Merc
04:35 PM Liked: 14
post #11442 of 11456
12-14-2014 | Posts: 1,134
Quote:

Identify which component takes the longest to turn on. Do the same for all components. Next, program your One to power up each component in that order. You will have to insert delays as needed.

Another idea. If you use a SAT or cable box have it turn on first, TV second, AVR last. For a DVD have it power up first, TV second, AVR last.

Good luck.
kjpjr's Avatar kjpjr
07:31 PM Liked: 20
post #11443 of 11456
12-14-2014 | Posts: 545
Thanks for the ideas, I have been careful to aim the remote but it is important.

The order of turn on may help. I will rearrange them tomorrow and see what happens. Currently I have TV,Box and sound bar in that order. I will try the Box first.
Dominic26's Avatar Dominic26
07:19 AM Liked: 12
post #11444 of 11456
12-15-2014 | Posts: 447
Quote:
Thanks for the ideas, I have been careful to aim the remote but it is important.

The order of turn on may help. I will rearrange them tomorrow and see what happens. Currently I have TV,Box and sound bar in that order. I will try the Box first.
Are you using an IR repeater? That is screwing me up on 1 item.
tightrope's Avatar tightrope
11:10 PM Liked: 12
post #11445 of 11456
12-15-2014 | Posts: 534
Quote:

Have you tried increasing the number of command repeats for the device that does not come on?
kikkoman's Avatar kikkoman
08:27 AM Liked: 16
post #11446 of 11456
12-16-2014 | Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
Identify which component takes the longest to turn on. Do the same for all components. Next, program your One to power up each component in that order. You will have to insert delays as needed.

Another idea. If you use a SAT or cable box have it turn on first, TV second, AVR last. For a DVD have it power up first, TV second, AVR last.
Need to get back to reprogramming my One since I picked up some new devices. Anyhow, I have had similar issues where I have to keep hitting the help for things to turn on for me. I played with the delays but wasn't sure how much it helped or if I was setting them correctly. I just want it to work well like it seems to do for alot of people. Is there an up-to-date guide on setting up the One with your devices and a guide to be able to mimic all commands from your device onto the One? Or a quick way to do it or is that all manual? I do not recall.

But make sure to program the One so that it turns on the device that takes the longest to run, first, correct? That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post
Have you tried increasing the number of command repeats for the device that does not come on?
This means it will send the same command multiple times? So you can program the activity to turn on TV, 3d player, AVR and say the 3d player has issues, you tell that one device to send multiple 'On' commands to it? Sorry, I haven't gone in the setup in over a year. I need to download the program again and setup on my MBP. I did have the software on the PC awhile back.

Any other up-to-date guides would be great!

Thanks in advance.
tightrope's Avatar tightrope
10:11 AM Liked: 12
post #11447 of 11456
12-16-2014 | Posts: 534
Here's a guide outlining how to add command repeats:
http://support.myharmony.com/en/adju...ommand-repeats
02:52 PM Liked: 16
post #11448 of 11456
12-16-2014 | Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post
Here's a guide outlining how to add command repeats:
http://support.myharmony.com/en/adju...ommand-repeats
Thanks, I'll look into that as well as probably just going thru the harmony site and setting everything up again. Just thought that there was an up-to-date guide somewhere to setup the One and get it working with all devices.

Curious, but how long did it take all of you to setup your One with all your devices and Activities? I know it depends on how many devices and activities you have, but maybe a rough ballpark on setting up 1 device with all of that devices buttons. I know you can pull in the device from the harmony device database but I don't recall if it gives you all of the commands for that device. But then going thru and moving buttons around and which page they should be setup in. Then for those who use a cable box to use the cable icons. Not sure if I will do that now, but maybe in the future.

Thanks,
rehaz1's Avatar rehaz1
03:52 PM Liked: 17
post #11449 of 11456
12-16-2014 | Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post
Thanks, I'll look into that as well as probably just going thru the harmony site and setting everything up again. Just thought that there was an up-to-date guide somewhere to setup the One and get it working with all devices.

Curious, but how long did it take all of you to setup your One with all your devices and Activities? I know it depends on how many devices and activities you have, but maybe a rough ballpark on setting up 1 device with all of that devices buttons. I know you can pull in the device from the harmony device database but I don't recall if it gives you all of the commands for that device. But then going thru and moving buttons around and which page they should be setup in. Then for those who use a cable box to use the cable icons. Not sure if I will do that now, but maybe in the future.

Thanks,
Another setting to check is the Inter-Device delay for those devices not powering on, since the Help button fixes the problem usually points to the Inter-Device delay not being set high enough for each of those devices.
pappaduke's Avatar pappaduke
11:13 PM Liked: 52
post #11450 of 11456
Yesterday | Posts: 708
Quote:

Thanks,
I'm not going to give a timeframe, but I will give this advice. Make sure when you sit down to do the programming that you have all of your components model numbers written down. Also, make sure that you write down what inputs your components are connected to. This will surely speed up the process. I personally keep all of this information on my iPad for easy reference. Generally the One will have the majority of your original remotes commands. I usually concentrate on getting the basics right and then go back and do the fine tuning later. Hope this helps.
Sgooter's Avatar Sgooter
05:56 AM Liked: 20
post #11451 of 11456
Today | Posts: 862
Quote:
...Curious, but how long did it take all of you to setup your One with all your devices and Activities? I know it depends on how many devices and activities you have, but maybe a rough ballpark on setting up 1 device with all of that devices buttons...
I had 12 devices in my HT system and the initial setup with my H1 took just over an hour and it was fun to do. Over the next 3-4 weeks I made numerous small adjustments and added the favorite channel icons. Then, over the next 6+ years, I made changes only when I replaced/added new devices and activities to my HT system, and those took only a few minutes, including "learning" some needed button commands for a new device's remote to the H1. So, my H1 was a high maintenance gadget during its first month, then very little maintenance afterwards.
Mike Freas's Avatar Mike Freas
05:40 PM Liked: 10
post #11452 of 11456
Today | Posts: 24
Harmony is giving up the farm. The down directional button doesn't work anymore. When pressed it doesn't transmit a signal even if I press hard. Being they are no long made I'm not sure what direction to go.
120inna55's Avatar 120inna55
05:45 PM Liked: 17
post #11453 of 11456
Today | Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Harmony is giving up the farm. The down directional button doesn't work anymore. When pressed it doesn't transmit a signal even if I press hard. Being they are no long made I'm not sure what direction to go.
New (not a refurb) for $300. I believe they retailed for $250 (correct me if I'm wrong), so for a NEW one sealed in box, that's not bad. On amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
pappaduke's Avatar pappaduke
07:33 PM Liked: 52
post #11454 of 11456
Today | Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post
New (not a refurb) for $300. I believe they retailed for $250 (correct me if I'm wrong), so for a NEW one sealed in box, that's not bad. On amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
There's a post somewhere on here about a place I believe you can get your one repaired. Unfortunately I can't remember where. Hopefully someone will chime in with that information for you.
120inna55's Avatar 120inna55
08:15 PM Liked: 17
post #11455 of 11456
Today | Posts: 1,234
Not sure why you quoted me, pappaduke. I was simply Mike Freas a link to a new H1.
11:09 PM Liked: 16
post #11456 of 11456
Today | Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
Another setting to check is the Inter-Device delay for those devices not powering on, since the Help button fixes the problem usually points to the Inter-Device delay not being set high enough for each of those devices.
I'll have to look into this for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Generally the One will have the majority of your original remotes commands. I usually concentrate on getting the basics right and then go back and do the fine tuning later. Hope this helps.
Yeah I do recall that the H1 had all the remotes I had. Just recall it didn't have all the actions on there like the physical remote, but yeah, I'll definitely have to get all my inputs since I have a few devices to setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
I had 12 devices in my HT system and the initial setup with my H1 took just over an hour and it was fun to do. Over the next 3-4 weeks I made numerous small adjustments and added the favorite channel icons. Then, over the next 6+ years, I made changes only when I replaced/added new devices and activities to my HT system, and those took only a few minutes, including "learning" some needed button commands for a new device's remote to the H1. So, my H1 was a high maintenance gadget during its first month, then very little maintenance afterwards.
Good input from all. I think when I received the device I was thinking it would be super fast to setup and get everything working, but I know I have to put some time into it to get the full functionality of it. I should have time during the holidays to set it up correctly.

Did you all have issues during setup where you have to keep hitting the 'Help' button on the H1 for the devices to turn on? Just asking b/c I wonder if it is device specific or a setup issue. Meaning did you all have to tweak the delays, repeat commands, etc. from the get-go or just map the remotes to the H1 and off you went? Probably the latter. I just recall this being the issue mostly and of course not mapping all physical buttons to actions on the H1 and not ordering the actions on the H1 correctly.
Tags: Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Reply Remote Control Area

Subscribe to this Thread