post #11461 of 11465 Unread Yesterday, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Xsight Color is very similar to the One and only $17 shipped on eBay. Touch adds 3 more devices, RF, touchscreen and recharging for $38. Both far superior to the 650.
For the price it's hard to beat, but only half the reviews out of 250 on Amazon are four star or higher. That's awfully low(especially for a tech product). I rarely buy a product unless 80% of its reviews are 4 star or higher.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11462 of 11465 Unread Yesterday, 06:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
For the price it's hard to beat, but only half the reviews out of 250 on Amazon are four star or higher. That's awfully low(especially for a tech product). I rarely buy a product unless 80% of its reviews are 4 star or higher.
That's a reasonable thing to do. But this is a unique situation. I absolutely hated this remote when it first came out. The website used to program it was awful (still is). They tried to beat Harmony at their own game and failed miserably. But now that users have created their own software that is far superior, it's a completely different ballgame. You can basically disregard every review that was written before 3 months ago and read those written by the few users of Remote Master, especially ex-Harmony users. Here's a good example:

Acoustic Research XSight Remote

I've been an expert user and programmer of universal remotes since years before Harmony existed. I've used nearly every kind of universal remote. I have a dozen Xsights, 4 of which are in constant use, and 6 Harmonys sitting in my closet.

Here's the bottom line. The One and 890 are history unless you're willing to pay a lot of money. URC is a great alternative, but also very expensive and comes with its own set of complications. The Xsight is as good and in many ways better than Harmony and extremely cheap at the moment and finally has some great software. Given the price, the risk is very low. Even if you think it's terrible the moment you get it, you can throw it in the garbage and will have lost almost nothing. If you like it, you've gotten yourself an incredible deal and opened up a world of possibilities Harmony never had.
post #11463 of 11465 Unread Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post
Not sure why you quoted me, pappaduke. I was simply Mike Freas a link to a new H1.
Sorry I ment to quote Mike Freas to let him know there was an option to have the remote repaired if he did not want to buy new.
120inna55 likes this.
post #11464 of 11465 Unread Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Thanks for the link. My info button is requiring me to press it harder than all of the other buttons so I may be looking into the repair. I like this remote so much that I don't think I am ready to part with it.
post #11465 of 11465 Unread Today, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I may try to pull out and replace the swollen battery in my H1. When the battery is removed, are the programmed settings retained in the H1 memory or will I need to re-install all the settings from the web site?

When in doubt, do the right thing.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page