Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 384 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes
post #11491 of 11517 Old 01-17-2015, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
^^^ thanks folks, that's what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11492 of 11517 Old 01-25-2015, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Harmony Home Hub support

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but the Harmony One will not work with the Harmony Hub will it?

I just got some hue light bulbs and would love to be able to turn these on and off via remote.
post #11493 of 11517 Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player2 View Post
I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but the Harmony One will not work with the Harmony Hub will it?

I just got some hue light bulbs and would love to be able to turn these on and off via remote.
Correct. The Ultimate One is the one that will.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #11494 of 11517 Old 01-26-2015, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
Correct. The Ultimate One is the one that will.

Thanks. I already posted a message in the thread about this more basic remote to use with the Hub. I would be all for the Ultimate One if it had physical number buttons.
post #11495 of 11517 Old 01-26-2015, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player2 View Post
Thanks. I already posted a message in the thread about this more basic remote to use with the Hub. I would be all for the Ultimate One if it had physical number buttons.
Granted. I've been using the Ultimate for over a year now, while I miss the additional hard buttons, I've gotten used to it and actually like it very much overall. It has quirks but so did my One and 900. I like most of all the speed and compactness. Good luck with your challenge.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #11496 of 11517 Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Hello
I have had 2 Harmony 659 remotes for years and love them. I know there's more advanced harmony models out there now, so "thought" of going with a higher model (a touchscreen). However 2 of the 6 buttons on the LCD screen are worn out now and no longer work....SO, time to think of replacing!!!!

Question is, since I have EVERYTHING setup the way I want it in my harmony acct online, will I be able to just plug my new higher model into my old acct and let it know it's model # and it will copy everything from my old remote and setup my new remote OR will I have to start from scratch and re-setup my whole new info for the new remote?

Reason I ask, is I am pressed for time right now and if I have to start from scratch, I'll probably just get a 659 replacement right now until I have more time to devote to my remote setup.

If it WILL setup everything from my old remote setup, what touchscreen Harmony remote should I be looking at?

Thanks for any help!!!!
post #11497 of 11517 Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Hello
I have had 2 Harmony 659 remotes for years and love them. I know there's more advanced harmony models out there now, so "thought" of going with a higher model (a touchscreen). However 2 of the 6 buttons on the LCD screen are worn out now and no longer work....SO, time to think of replacing!!!!

Question is, since I have EVERYTHING setup the way I want it in my harmony acct online, will I be able to just plug my new higher model into my old acct and let it know it's model # and it will copy everything from my old remote and setup my new remote OR will I have to start from scratch and re-setup my whole new info for the new remote?

Reason I ask, is I am pressed for time right now and if I have to start from scratch, I'll probably just get a 659 replacement right now until I have more time to devote to my remote setup.

If it WILL setup everything from my old remote setup, what touchscreen Harmony remote should I be looking at?

Thanks for any help!!!!
post #11498 of 11517 Old 02-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Effortless Actionary

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
Hello

Thanks for any help!!!!
You are in luck - there is a "replace this remote" feature that allows you to transfer your current setup to a new "replacement" remote.

The Zen Garden HT - Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here.
post #11499 of 11517 Old 02-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Effortless Actionary

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My original Harmony One is going downhill and it's time for a replacement. I can deal with the tilt sensor requiring a solid whack or button press to wake. However, it now frequently randomly "forgets" that it is in an activity which is annoying (pressing buttons, nothing works, look down - not in activity, press activity, etc). Sometimes it appears that a random reboot is the cause. So I'm going to replace it.

I also have iRule setup on a dedicated iPad which is awesome except the lack of physical buttons. I have an IR repeater wired up in addition to the iTach Flex units w/emitters (rack + pj). So I have dual control Harmony + iRule, but they don't know each other exist. Some of my components require IR (TV, PJ, AppleTV, Blu Ray, xFinity X1, etc), but I would be happy to go with an RF remote and then convert to a IR blaster if needed.

I'd prefer hard button remotes that can integrate into an Insteon setup (I have a few Insteon SwitchLincs and OutletLincs + the new Hub). I'll end up with the ISY994i IR, so Insteon compatibility would be a big plus.

What are the best options?

The Zen Garden HT - Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here.
post #11500 of 11517 Old 02-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any chance someone here has a Samsung tv and knows how to get the smart hub to work with the harmony one?

My 65" 7150 samsung tv works fine with the harmony but recently I noticed the buttons on the harmony screen for netflix, etc. Pressing them does nothing though???? I'd love a shortcut to go from regular tv watching to Pandora, Amazon instant video, etc.

Any idea how to make this work?
post #11501 of 11517 Old 02-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Any chance someone here has a Samsung tv and knows how to get the smart hub to work with the harmony one?

My 65" 7150 samsung tv works fine with the harmony but recently I noticed the buttons on the harmony screen for netflix, etc. Pressing them does nothing though???? I'd love a shortcut to go from regular tv watching to Pandora, Amazon instant video, etc.

post #11502 of 11517 Old 02-04-2015, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post

Are your button assignments correct? I have a H1 and a Sammy TV but don't use Netflix. I feel like there might be an actual Netflix command in the setup?
post #11503 of 11517 Old 02-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Are your button assignments correct? I have a H1 and a Sammy TV but don't use Netflix. I feel like there might be an actual Netflix command in the setup?
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. I set everything up under the activity and it controls things fine. For some reason, I went under the Device list to my TV and it was in there that I noticed a button on the harmony one LCD for the Smart Hub (which worked BTW) and a button for NEtflix. Pressing Netflix didn't do anything at all.

Edit - OK, I'm at work so it's hard to recall the screens in the software. Are you talking about the screens where you can type in a command and then it has a drop down menu for what device you want as well as a drop down menu for what the command is (for example, Netflix)? I'll check that out when I get home. Hopefully it's that simple.

It just seems others have done this and might know if there's more to it.

Last edited by de8212; 02-04-2015 at 11:36 AM.
post #11504 of 11517 Old 02-04-2015, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Yes, your edit is what I was thinking. I'd think it would have worked straight away, though too!
post #11505 of 11517 Old 02-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audixium View Post
My original Harmony One is going downhill and it's time for a replacement. I can deal with the tilt sensor requiring a solid whack or button press to wake. However, it now frequently randomly "forgets" that it is in an activity which is annoying (pressing buttons, nothing works, look down - not in activity, press activity, etc). Sometimes it appears that a random reboot is the cause. So I'm going to replace it.

I also have iRule setup on a dedicated iPad which is awesome except the lack of physical buttons. I have an IR repeater wired up in addition to the iTach Flex units w/emitters (rack + pj). So I have dual control Harmony + iRule, but they don't know each other exist. Some of my components require IR (TV, PJ, AppleTV, Blu Ray, xFinity X1, etc), but I would be happy to go with an RF remote and then convert to a IR blaster if needed.

I'd prefer hard button remotes that can integrate into an Insteon setup (I have a few Insteon SwitchLincs and OutletLincs + the new Hub). I'll end up with the ISY994i IR, so Insteon compatibility would be a big plus.

head on over to the Xsight thread and do some reading. I just moved from the Harmony One and would never go back. The Xsight Touch does everything the Harmony One does and offers RF, both online web-based and JP1 programming, offline backup and you will probably make money after you sell your harmony one.
post #11506 of 11517 Old 02-04-2015, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
head on over to the Xsight thread and do some reading. I just moved from the Harmony One and would never go back. The Xsight Touch does everything the Harmony One does and offers RF, both online web-based and JP1 programming, offline backup and you will probably make money after you sell your harmony one.
It's been discontinued, according to some of the customer reviews on Amazon.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #11507 of 11517 Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
It's been discontinued, according to some of the customer reviews on Amazon.
So has the One. The beauty of Xsight is it doesn't matter if it's discontinued or not. You can buy it for almost nothing and don't have to rely on a website to program it. If it weren't discontinued it would still cost $250 instead of $40 on ebay. The One and remotes like it have gone extinct, so this is as close as you're going to get without resorting to an expensive pro brand like URC.

Since Remote Master support for Xsight is a very recent development, you can pretty much disregard all comments related to the EZ-RC web software since there is no need to use it anymore.
pbarach likes this.
post #11508 of 11517 Old 02-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I actually don't even mind the EZ RC website either. It's similar to to the Harmony web-based programming utility. It's a great place to start and then use RM for tweaking and maintaining. The Xsight Touch (or Nevo C3, a clone) is a great remote and with the ability to buy the RF IR repeating hub for $15, it is the best deal going....

Last edited by nohjy; 02-05-2015 at 08:16 PM.
post #11509 of 11517 Old 02-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audixium View Post

There is the option to have your H1 repaired/cleaned. I used the below service for a friends H1 that was acting up and the end results were impressive for the price.

http://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/index.html
post #11510 of 11517 Old 02-13-2015, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hey guys, newbie here looking for some help with my harmony one and httpc. ive got a zontac zbox nano ci320 and used missingremote.com/guide/creating-htpc-activity-logitech-harmony-one this guide (minus the extra alt+f4 step) to set up the harmony to control wmc. everything works great, except that when i turn the system off it also puts the pc into hibernate. not a huge deal, except that when i turn it back on the pc doesnt wake up. i dont have the pc itself set up as a device on the harmony, only the tv, receiver and windows media pc as described in the guide above. any suggestions on how to make it so the pc does not hibernate when i turn the system off? thanks!
post #11511 of 11517 Old 02-13-2015, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Edit the PC device options in the Harmony software and pick this device has no power commands, or something to that effect. Then your remote will never attempt to turn off (or hibernate) that device in any activities.
post #11512 of 11517 Old 02-13-2015, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Edit the PC device options in the Harmony software and pick this device has no power commands, or something to that effect. Then your remote will never attempt to turn off (or hibernate) that device in any activities.
works perfect, thank you!
post #11513 of 11517 Old 02-19-2015, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Help programing Harmony One and a MXiii

Hi,
Has anyone come across this yet? I've searched all over looking for help with the MXiii 4k Android TV Box, using the Harmony One. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks, J
post #11514 of 11517 Old 02-23-2015, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an MXIII and the Harmony One but haven't tried to control the MXIII with a Logitech Harmony remote. FreakTab is probably a good place to get information about how to do it if nobody here has the answer. I suspect there is a device in the Harmony library that will work. Off topic but the box is really not Android TV which is a Google officially approved device running a modified version of Android. The MXIII is more properly called an Android mini PC in my opinion but those little boxes are often called Android TV which is going to confuse the market, I can't avoid it by pointing that out here but thought I would mention it anyway. There have been dozens if not hundreds of models of the unofficial Android mini PCs made in China so far. I think a couple of the companies making those boxes are going to try their luck with official Android TV, maybe Geniatech and Minix, maybe one or two others. My MXIII boots to a Google TV logo.

To go further off-topic the unoffical Android mini PCs either can't handle the mainstream subscription streaming services at all or can't play it in HD. I have tried Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Xfinity TV GO, and Amazon Prime, none work well enough to use the MXIII if you want HD and most don't work period. As an inexpensive mini PC running various Android apps, I think the box is pretty cool. As far as I know, none of the other unofficial Android mini PCs can handle those services either, all lack necessary approval or DRM, probably both. I don't use the supplied remote but instead use the Logitech K700 full sized keyboard with unifying receiver, much better for what I want from the box.
post #11515 of 11517 Unread 02-23-2015, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
I have an MXIII and the Harmony One but haven't tried to control the MXIII with a Logitech Harmony remote. FreakTab is probably a good place to get information about how to do it if nobody here has the answer. I suspect there is a device in the Harmony library that will work. Off topic but the box is really not Android TV which is a Google officially approved device running a modified version of Android. The MXIII is more properly called an Android mini PC in my opinion but those little boxes are often called Android TV which is going to confuse the market, I can't avoid it by pointing that out here but thought I would mention it anyway. There have been dozens if not hundreds of models of the unofficial Android mini PCs made in China so far. I think a couple of the companies making those boxes are going to try their luck with official Android TV, maybe Geniatech and Minix, maybe one or two others. My MXIII boots to a Google TV logo.

To go further off-topic the unoffical Android mini PCs either can't handle the mainstream subscription streaming services at all or can't play it in HD. I have tried Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Xfinity TV GO, and Amazon Prime, none work well enough to use the MXIII if you want HD and most don't work period. As an inexpensive mini PC running various Android apps, I think the box is pretty cool. As far as I know, none of the other unofficial Android mini PCs can handle those services either, all lack necessary approval or DRM, probably both. I don't use the supplied remote but instead use the Logitech K700 full sized keyboard with unifying receiver, much better for what I want from the box.
Thank you!! I exchanged it for the MX8. My Harmony One now controls it!
post #11516 of 11517 Unread Today, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I've been using a Harmony One for years, and have successfully downloaded changes in the past. I did send the unit away to have the battery changed. Today I've been unsuccessful in downloading changes. The remote displays connected, and after attempting to do a download there is a green check above and to the right of the connected display. But the software shows zero download progress and the operations are not changed. The remote continues to control my setup, but not with the changes I want. I'm running Mac OS 10.2.2. Any ideas? Logitech support seems nonexistent.

db
post #11517 of 11517 Unread Today, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
A guess: try a different USB cable.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area