Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 385 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #11521 of 11532 Old 03-02-2015, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
I'm not certain of the criteria Logitech uses to determine whether to replace an H1. In my case, the blue label battery was swollen and I could not remove it and it was not holding a charge for more than about 6-10 hours. I informed Logitech about it several months ago, and they chose to replace my H1 with a new Ultimate One. As they say...YMMV.
Appreciate the quick response! You don't happen to have the email address you used to contact them do you? I'm trying to navigate logitech's website and they do their best to keep it hidden and drive you to online support. Did you submit it as a warranty issue?

Nevermind, I just found the link: support.myharmony.com/email which drives to another webpage to submit the request, is that what you used?

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11522 of 11532 Old 03-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sgooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Space Coast, FL
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post
Appreciate the quick response! You don't happen to have the email address you used to contact them do you? I'm trying to navigate logitech's website and they do their best to keep it hidden and drive you to online support. Did you submit it as a warranty issue?
Nevermind, I just found the link: support.myharmony.com/email which drives to another webpage to submit the request, is that what you used?
Yes, I used their webpage, and I believe I reported it as a "swollen battery/unable-to-remove problem" versus a warranty issue. I later had to provide them with model/serial number photos and a photo of the swollen battery in-place inside the H1, and the log-in ID of my Harmony account. The total process time for me was about 2 weeks from reporting the problem to receiving the replacement. Good luck!
49Merc likes this.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
Sgooter is offline  
post #11523 of 11532 Old 03-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Member
 
grantb3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
I'm not certain of the criteria Logitech uses to determine whether to replace an H1. In my case, the blue label battery was swollen and I could not remove it and it was not holding a charge for more than about 6-10 hours. I informed Logitech about it several months ago, and they chose to replace my H1 with a new Ultimate One. As they say...YMMV.
Do you have to send the One back to them??
grantb3 is online now  
post #11524 of 11532 Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sgooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Space Coast, FL
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantb3 View Post
Do you have to send the One back to them??
Logitech did not ask me to return/swap the H1. When they shipped the Ultimate One to me, they also disabled the functionality of my H1's Harmony account in such a way that while I can continue to use my H1, I can no longer make any programming changes to it.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
Sgooter is offline  
post #11525 of 11532 Old 03-03-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
120inna55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Athens, TX
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
FYI: Recertified H1 for $149 with code: MLCK03RN. I already have a spare. If I didn't, I'd pick this up. http://www.meritline.com/logitech-ha...wsletter150303
49Merc likes this.
120inna55 is online now  
post #11526 of 11532 Old 03-04-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Logitech did not ask me to return/swap the H1. When they shipped the Ultimate One to me, they also disabled the functionality of my H1's Harmony account in such a way that while I can continue to use my H1, I can no longer make any programming changes to it.
Quick response from Logitech. I got an email from them last night requesting a pic of the remote showing the battery etc... Now, trying to remember my harmony ID is going to be a trick. I haven't done any programming on this remote for several years.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is online now  
post #11527 of 11532 Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,896
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post
Quick response from Logitech. I got an email from them last night requesting a pic of the remote showing the battery etc... Now, trying to remember my harmony ID is going to be a trick. I haven't done any programming on this remote for several years.
Doesn't matter. Since you're only looking for a replacement, just create a new account for it.
mdavej is offline  
post #11528 of 11532 Unread Today, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post
Quick response from Logitech. I got an email from them last night requesting a pic of the remote showing the battery etc... Now, trying to remember my harmony ID is going to be a trick. I haven't done any programming on this remote for several years.
Wow, quick response from Logitech. I emailed them the picture Wednesday night, and I got a response already this morning confirming they will do a one-time out of warranty replacement with an Ultimate One as a gesture of good will. :thumbup: Good on Logitech, and thanks to those in here who chimed in with info on this for me!
49Merc likes this.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is online now  
post #11529 of 11532 Unread Today, 07:56 AM
Member
 
radamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Mine is still chugging along. About to set it up for my new LG 55ec9300. Just running through the menus now to remember how to customize. Been years since I touched it. Nice to see that Logitech is taking positive strides for supporting these devices.
radamo is online now  
post #11530 of 11532 Unread Today, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
NYC Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was one of the lucky ones that managed to remove their bulging battery with a needle nose pliers and now it is as good as new so I didn't go the route of contacting Logitech for a replacement. But frankly in this day and age you have to give credit to Logitech for replacing all of these older and out of warranty H1's. There are too many companies out there that would walk away from this type of issue.

PS, if you can remove the battery without too much effort (it wasn't as difficult as it looks) contact Quin at
www.harmonyremoterepair.com


NYC Guy is online now  
post #11531 of 11532 Unread Today, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
49Merc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just took a quick look at the end of my One's battery. Looks good. Question, how do you get to the entire battery? I only see the near enf of mine.

Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750, Denon AVR 1912,
DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Rcvr,
Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BD65, Toshiba HD DVD A20,
Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c
Valodyne VRP-1000 Sub, Panamax M4300-PM, Monoprice Cables, Harmony One Remote
49Merc is offline  
post #11532 of 11532 Unread Today, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
rehaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
Just took a quick look at the end of my One's battery. Looks good. Question, how do you get to the entire battery? I only see the near enf of mine.
What do you mean by this? Are you trying to take the battery out of the remote? If the battery is not swollen, and you push in on the end of the battery, it shold pop up so that it can be removed, if it dose not pop up, and your cannot grab the battery and easily remove it then it has swollen, and you should contact Harmony Customer Service for possibibly of have the remote replacced.
rehaz1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off