Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 389 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 55Likes

post #11641 of 11655 Old 05-22-2015, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
How recent was the last update? Haven't updated in very long time. I assumed that since they don't make it anymore, there wouldn't be any more updates...
Don't know the date, but I remember doing it last year as well to get the date to read 2014. The latest Logitech remote software that I have installed is version 7. Update firmware button works after logging in to your remote's account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11642 of 11655 Old 05-25-2015, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Last year I purchased a replacement battery for a spare for my Harmony One. I popped it in last week and it won't charge. I checked the Amazon sale, and it specifically states for a One.

I want at least one spare for this remote, but after going the Amazon route once I am wary. Any reputable places to purchase these from? Thanks

I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
post #11643 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk1843 View Post
Last year I purchased a replacement battery for a spare for my Harmony One. I popped it in last week and it won't charge. I checked the Amazon sale, and it specifically states for a One.

I want at least one spare for this remote, but after going the Amazon route once I am wary. Any reputable places to purchase these from? Thanks
Ordinarily one buys the battery so infrequently why risk a potentially crappy knockoff? Just buy it from Logitech and be done with it.
post #11644 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Logitech no longer sells the batteries for the H1 or 900
post #11645 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
Logitech no longer sells the batteries for the H1 or 900
Thanks for the update. Bought two last time; any idea on their shelf life?
post #11646 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Thanks for the update. Bought two last time; any idea on their shelf life?
Probably about 3 or 4 years guessing
post #11647 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Probably about 3 or 4 years guessing
Thanks. The buttons on my H1 will probably wear out before the second battery is installed. Have you found a suitable replacement for the H1?
post #11648 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Thanks. The buttons on my H1 will probably wear out before the second battery is installed. Have you found a suitable replacement for the H1?
My 2 H1s are packed away in the closet, as I am using 4 900s because of the Blasters, I don't have to point the remotes at my equipment to get them to work. I also have 3 Ultimates, an Ultimate Home, and a Touch with the Hub and Smart Control remote, and a Smart Keyboard and Hub, but I havn't found any of the newer Harmony remotes that I like as good as the 900 and H1. The 650 would not serve my needs as it can only handle 8 devices. If you ask how come I have all of these remotes, I have been beta testing Harmony remotes since 2009. When the 900s fail I will switch over the one of the Ultimates or Ultimate Home. I do use one of the Ultimates for my TV out on the patio though, it is just a different learning curve using the Ultimate, as I use the Gestures Screen while watching recorded programs out on the patio to advance through the commercials.
bmcn likes this.
post #11649 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My 2 H1s are packed away in the closet, as I am using 4 900s because of the Blasters, I don't have to point the remotes at my equipment to get them to work. I also have 3 Ultimates, an Ultimate Home, and a Touch with the Hub and Smart Control remote, and a Smart Keyboard and Hub, but I havn't found any of the newer Harmony remotes that I like as good as the 900 and H1. The 650 would not serve my needs as it can only handle 8 devices. If you ask how come I have all of these remotes, I have been beta testing Harmony remotes since 2009. When the 900s fail I will switch over the one of the Ultimates or Ultimate Home. I do use one of the Ultimates for my TV out on the patio though, it is just a different learning curve using the Ultimate, as I use the Gestures Screen while watching recorded programs out on the patio to advance through the commercials.
Good story; looks as if there's no turning back by Logitech, who had a run of great products over very long time.
post #11650 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2577 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Since you have been beta testing Harmony products, I hope you are in a position to give them some feedback. I have had my Ultimate One for several weeks now, having replaced a H1. While I have become quite accustomed to the programming interface, the gestures, and other enhancements, what I can't get used to is the ergonomic layout of the keys. The placement of the keys is just so foreign to using it with one hand that I find it very uncomfortable. And one other thing that makes it more difficult to use in the dark is that the Volume and the Page Up/Down keys are missing the "+" and "-" indicators.

Unfortunately, since my two H1's have worn out keys, I don't have a choice. I must make do with the U1. I just wish I liked using it a little more.
post #11651 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I recently broke the screen on my H1, are these easy to replace and are there replacement screens readily available?
post #11652 of 11655 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk1843 View Post

I bought this one 3 years ago and it works fine:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Li-io...NE+880+890+720

I may have gotten lucky though.
post #11653 of 11655 Old Today, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobert1967 View Post
I recently broke the screen on my H1, are these easy to replace and are there replacement screens readily available?

I don't know if replacement screens are readily available, but here is a place that repairs Harmony Remotes:

http://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/index.html
post #11654 of 11655 Old Today, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
I don't know if replacement screens are readily available, but here is a place that repairs Harmony Remotes:

Under Harmony One Repairs it does list LCD replacement
post #11655 of 11655 Old Today, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post

I've had Quinn at HarmonyRemoteRepair.com work on my One and he did a fantastic job troubleshooting and repairing my problem. I found him to be very knowledgeable and he did my repair very quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page