Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 395 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 66Likes

post #11821 of 11831 Old 02-04-2016, 04:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre325 View Post
So it looks like it'll cost me $70 to get my Harmony One repaired. I'm considering picking up a Harmony 900 instead because I'm actually now in need of RF capability. Any H1 owners out there that have moved to the 900 that care to comment on performance? If I should post this elsewhere, just let me know.
Amazon reviews have several comparisons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11822 of 11831 Old 02-06-2016, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help,
I just bought a used Harmony One. I'm using it with a TIVO (series 2 DVR). I've entered some "favorite" channels (with icons) in the appropriate place on MyHarmony but after syncing they don't show up on my remote. Any suggestions?

Also, the time/date that I set don't stay set!! They seem to "go bad" after a little while off of the charger. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jiminkirkland
post #11823 of 11831 Old 02-06-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help,
I just bought a used Harmony One. I'm using it with a TIVO (series 2 DVR). I've entered some "favorite" channels (with icons) in the appropriate place on MyHarmony but after syncing they don't show up on my remote. Any suggestions?

Also, the time/date that I set don't stay set!! They seem to "go bad" after a little while off of the charger. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jiminkirkland
post #11824 of 11831 Old 02-06-2016, 03:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Time/date will reset every time you sync it.
post #11825 of 11831 Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have a Harmony One controlling my Panasonic plasma, Onkyo AV, an HDMI switch, a Roku 4 and the blue-ray. The spouse loves the thing. I bought a Harmony Ultimate One for the bedroom in order to control the Roku 4 I put in there. Wife and I hated it so badly it's back in the box, rotting. The buttons/control placement is wretched and the thing can't be used one handed for anything but volume and channel up/down. No number keypad? Seriously? Same essential issues with the Harmony Elite; slightly better placement of keys but no number keypad buttons? So got a Home Companion to replace it, wish it has back lighting but it's a good fit in the hand, the keys are in the right places and it's usable one handed, albeit it's dainty. More importantly, spouse is OK with it. Hoping to replace the Panny in a few months and given the new remotes with smart TVs, that could be interesting. Thinking getting a spare Harmony One as a backup for when this one wears out is the way to retain family room and spousal harmony (no pun intended.)

But to be honest, I never looked at the 350 nor the 650 for whatever reason, and see that they have the essential Harmony One key placement and hand shape that is second nature to us. Not sure what is different between these 2 and the Harmony One but given we just have 4 essential activities (watch tv, watch dvd, watch roku and switch to chromecast) it is likely that the new TV may make the roku redundant as well as the chromecast. Hmmm, I may have just figured out I've been overbuying for my needs,
post #11826 of 11831 Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcging View Post
I have a Harmony One controlling my Panasonic plasma, Onkyo AV, an HDMI switch, a Roku 4 and the blue-ray. The spouse loves the thing. I bought a Harmony Ultimate One for the bedroom in order to control the Roku 4 I put in there. Wife and I hated it so badly it's back in the box, rotting. The buttons/control placement is wretched and the thing can't be used one handed for anything but volume and channel up/down. No number keypad? Seriously? Same essential issues with the Harmony Elite; slightly better placement of keys but no number keypad buttons? So got a Home Companion to replace it, wish it has back lighting but it's a good fit in the hand, the keys are in the right places and it's usable one handed, albeit it's dainty. More importantly, spouse is OK with it. Hoping to replace the Panny in a few months and given the new remotes with smart TVs, that could be interesting. Thinking getting a spare Harmony One as a backup for when this one wears out is the way to retain family room and spousal harmony (no pun intended.)

But to be honest, I never looked at the 350 nor the 650 for whatever reason, and see that they have the essential Harmony One key placement and hand shape that is second nature to us. Not sure what is different between these 2 and the Harmony One but given we just have 4 essential activities (watch tv, watch dvd, watch roku and switch to chromecast) it is likely that the new TV may make the roku redundant as well as the chromecast. Hmmm, I may have just figured out I've been overbuying for my needs,
350 is a different animal altogether, but the 650 and 700 are decent alternatives to the One. My wife is technology challenged and easily adapts between 650, 700 and One. Ultimate One is collecting dust here, too.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.3.1_6
post #11827 of 11831 Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
350 is a different animal altogether, but the 650 and 700 are decent alternatives to the One. My wife is technology challenged and easily adapts between 650, 700 and One. Ultimate One is collecting dust here, too.
I have a One and have just spent some time with a 650, having programmed a clients remote. The differences I see are the 650 doesn't have touchscreen controls, instead relying on hard buttons to either side and it requires AA batteries rather than being rechargeable, other than that the button layout is very similar.
post #11828 of 11831 Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1768 Post(s)
Liked: 817
The 700 is a closer match to the One since it is rechargeable. Still not touch, and has 4 functions per screen vs. 6 on the One.
post #11829 of 11831 Old Today, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
The 700 is a closer match to the One since it is rechargeable. Still not touch, and has 4 functions per screen vs. 6 on the One.
Will definitely check those out as alternatives, don't mind AA batteries for bedroom and touch screen is overkill id teh activities are routine. Glad I stopped by, I never would have considered these as alternatives. Sorry I wasted time and money with Ultimate.
post #11830 of 11831 Old Today, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I have the HarmonyOne.

My current setup is my 2012 lineup of the Samsung 3D led/lcd UN60ES8000 and the Samsung bd-e6500 bluray player BUT, due to disc load errors recently i just bought the Samsung BD-J7500.

Will i have to add the new Samsung bluray player and assign it , in my remote?

I'm hoping its a simple plug and play with regard to my HarmonyOne. If I dont have to reprogram the Harmony for a different Samsung bluray player that would be cool.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #11831 of 11831 Old Today, 05:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post
I have the HarmonyOne.

My current setup is my 2012 lineup of the Samsung 3D led/lcd UN60ES8000 and the Samsung bd-e6500 bluray player BUT, due to disc load errors recently i just bought the Samsung BD-J7500.

Will i have to add the new Samsung bluray player and assign it , in my remote?

I'm hoping its a simple plug and play with regard to my HarmonyOne. If I dont have to reprogram the Harmony for a different Samsung bluray player that would be cool.
Probably not. Try it and find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page