Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 397 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 74Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #11881 of 11908 Old 05-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sgooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Space Coast, FL
Posts: 985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons07 View Post
Hi,
I have the Harmony One remote with My Harmony Software and trying to get it to work with the Nvidia Shield. I've setup up the device first, but it doesn't show the Nvidia shield startup commands in my Activity. It's not there. I searched all over and can't seem to figure this out. Plus I can't seem to find the power on and off for the Nvidia shield. I've worked on this all day, it still not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Jerry
Jerry,
This has to be frustrating. I can only suggest you delete/remove the Nvidia Shield as a device in the My Harmony software, then run the programming update on the H1 remote. Exit/close the My Harmony software, then open it up again, and start the steps all over again to find and select the Nvidia Shield device, run the set up steps and update the H1 again...and hope it catches this time. Make sure that when you're running the programming update on the H1, you wait until the final page loads that asks you if all is working OK. If Nvidia still doesn't work, then contact Logitech.

Don't use a big word when a more diminutive one would suffice.
Sgooter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11882 of 11908 Old 05-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Lyons07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Jerry,
This has to be frustrating. I can only suggest you delete/remove the Nvidia Shield as a device in the My Harmony software, then run the programming update on the H1 remote. Exit/close the My Harmony software, then open it up again, and start the steps all over again to find and select the Nvidia Shield device, run the set up steps and update the H1 again...and hope it catches this time. Make sure that when you're running the programming update on the H1, you wait until the final page loads that asks you if all is working OK. If Nvidia still doesn't work, then contact Logitech.
Thanks for the replay!
After many hours trying to figure this out, I called Logitech. They got it to work. They had me change Manufacture to NVIDIA then Model to P2571

Thanks, Jerry

UN60HU8550 HS01 SEK-3500 Denon X4000
Lyons07 is offline  
post #11883 of 11908 Old 05-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Member
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I feel dumb asking this, but can you set the power button to a learned command on a device. I want to have the remote set to device one, but want the power button to just work with turning on the projector. I am also having trouble making sure the projector has a Logitech code. Only a very similar projector model is listed in compatibility page. So I need to make sure I can set the power button to a learned command and don't care much about the other buttons. Might get a cheaper harmony if this will work. Thanks.

Panny PZ800U - Denon 3311CI - JBL CS6100BG 5.1 - Sony DVPCX995V 400-Disc DVD Player - Sony BDP-S5100-3D - HTC One (Used to Play Music via my 3311CI)

Led Zappa is offline  
post #11884 of 11908 Old 05-13-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jcalabria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I feel dumb asking this, but can you set the power button to a learned command on a device. I want to have the remote set to device one, but want the power button to just work with turning on the projector. I am also having trouble making sure the projector has a Logitech code. Only a very similar projector model is listed in compatibility page. So I need to make sure I can set the power button to a learned command and don't care much about the other buttons. Might get a cheaper harmony if this will work. Thanks.
The power button serves only one purpose... shutting down all devices in the current activity. It cannot be customized in any way.

If you need to control power for a device within an activity, add the power command for that device to one of the hard or soft buttons in the activity. I typically do this for two different cases: One is when a device in an activity does not have discrete power commands (most often, a cable STB), I will add it's power toggle command to the typically unused "E" button at the bottom right of the remote. If the STB power gets out of sync, the power command is right there to fix it (without needing to go through any help menus or resorting to device mode). The other time I add device power commands to an activity is for primarily listening activities that might occasionally require the display to be on for menu navigation. I will fire the display up as part of the activity startup... once everything is set and playing I just hit the display power command that I added as a custom button command in the activity.
bmcn likes this.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.3.2_0

Last edited by jcalabria; 05-13-2016 at 08:48 AM.
jcalabria is offline  
post #11885 of 11908 Old 05-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Member
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks jcalabria. Unfortunately this is meant for users that will be walking in blind to a meeting room and it needs to be obvious what button to hit for power. We are trying to make that the only functional button as we don't want people changing the settings on the projector such as aspect ratio.

I'll have to get my hands on a remote and try the Logitech device for another InFocus projector and see if it works on ours. I contacted InFocus tech support and they were unable to give me any information on the IR for their own products LOL. They said that the closet model Logitech has listed will "probably work" on the one I have, but they couldn't be 100%. Incredible really.

Panny PZ800U - Denon 3311CI - JBL CS6100BG 5.1 - Sony DVPCX995V 400-Disc DVD Player - Sony BDP-S5100-3D - HTC One (Used to Play Music via my 3311CI)

Led Zappa is offline  
post #11886 of 11908 Old 05-13-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jcalabria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Thanks jcalabria. Unfortunately this is meant for users that will be walking in blind to a meeting room and it needs to be obvious what button to hit for power. We are trying to make that the only functional button as we don't want people changing the settings on the projector such as aspect ratio.

I'll have to get my hands on a remote and try the Logitech device for another InFocus projector and see if it works on ours. I contacted InFocus tech support and they were unable to give me any information on the IR for their own products LOL. They said that the closet model Logitech has listed will "probably work" on the one I have, but they couldn't be 100%. Incredible really.
Believe me, as a commercial AV designer I sympathize with the need to "idiot proof" meeting room systems. The simpler the room, the harder it can be.

You still should have a lot of flexibility in how you program the One to achieve your goal. If all you need to do is turn on the projector and set an input (e.g., PC input from the conference table), you can create a single activity to do that, so that "PROJECTOR ON" was the ONLY thing that appeared in the touch screen when you picked up the remote. The activity could be set up such that once in the activity, there were absolutely no functioning buttons and a blank touch screen. By stripping out all commands from all buttons and having no custom buttons in the touchscreen, they really won't have much else to choose from except the standard master power button to shut things down. If you really want to make it idiot proof, remove all of the button/touch screen commands for Device mode as well. You would have a pretty idiot proof system that way (certainly more idiot proof than handing them the projector's oem remote.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.3.2_0
jcalabria is offline  
post #11887 of 11908 Old 05-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Member
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Believe me, as a commercial AV designer I sympathize with the need to "idiot proof" meeting room systems. The simpler the room, the harder it can be.

You still should have a lot of flexibility in how you program the One to achieve your goal. If all you need to do is turn on the projector and set an input (e.g., PC input from the conference table), you can create a single activity to do that, so that "PROJECTOR ON" was the ONLY thing that appeared in the touch screen when you picked up the remote. The activity could be set up such that once in the activity, there were absolutely no functioning buttons and a blank touch screen. By stripping out all commands from all buttons and having no custom buttons in the touchscreen, they really won't have much else to choose from except the standard master power button to shut things down. If you really want to make it idiot proof, remove all of the button/touch screen commands for Device mode as well. You would have a pretty idiot proof system that way (certainly more idiot proof than handing them the projector's oem remote.
Excellent ideas. Thanks!

Panny PZ800U - Denon 3311CI - JBL CS6100BG 5.1 - Sony DVPCX995V 400-Disc DVD Player - Sony BDP-S5100-3D - HTC One (Used to Play Music via my 3311CI)

Led Zappa is offline  
post #11888 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
paligap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have a Denon 4520 receiver and an Oppo 103D disc player. I'm trying to figure out how to program my Harmony One so that when I play movies I use Audyssey, and when I play music I use Audyssey Flat. I have set up separate activities for the two, but when I try to add the actions necessary to select either Audyssey or Audyssey Flat in the Denon, the drop-down does not contain the options I need past the initial "Setup" option. For example, the sequence of options I need to select manually in the Denon is:

Setup
Audio
Audyssey
(Move through the Audyssey options)
Select
Setup (to exit Setup menu)

I encounter the same problem with the drop-down when I try to use "Customize Buttons". Is there some kind of shortcut I'm missing?

Samsung PN60f8500
Oppo BDP-103D
Denon 4520
Custom UFW-15 (2)
Rocket RS850 (2), Rocket Bigfoot Center, Rocket RSS300 (2), Rocket RS250MKII (4)
paligap is offline  
post #11889 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bmcn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,349
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by paligap View Post
I have a Denon 4520...
My 4311 has 3 quick selects which Harmony calls depending on the activity. 4520 could have the same function.

Try posting your question on this thread: The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread

btw, i recently purchased a pair of Reference 3's and they look and sound good to me. My F8500 is pretty good, too.

Last edited by bmcn; 06-10-2016 at 09:26 AM.
bmcn is online now  
post #11890 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jcalabria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Most AVRs (Denon and Onkyo in particular) can respond to literally hundreds of discrete IR commands that can directly access all sorts of things that take multiple menu levels to access with the standard OE remote (which is typically what the standard Harmony database will emulate). My Onkyo TX-NR1010 has over discrete 200 IR commands just for the main zone, and I find several of them indispensable in situations exactly like yours... for example I have separate activities for watching Blu-rays vs. listening to hi-res music... with the primary difference being the discrete setting of appropriate audio modes.

For Denon's, at least one source for (at least some of) their discrete codes and how to use them with a Harmony remote can be found HERE. There are other ways to ad additional commands to your Harmony device database, but the easiest is typically to obtain the ones you need and request Harmony support to add them for you. They used to be pretty liberal with adding them for customers and have done it for me... more recently I've heard mixed stories including possibly charging for the service (which still may be worth it).

EDIT: You can download the complete IR database from Denon HERE.
Drill down through to the 4311 and it's at the bottom of the list of downloads. Note that the file you download has no extension... you'll have to add ".XLS" so it can be recognized as a spreadsheet.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.3.2_0

Last edited by jcalabria; 06-10-2016 at 09:52 AM.
jcalabria is offline  
post #11891 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
dbphd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montecito, CA
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Yesterday I changed the commands of my Harmony One to replace a Sony XA5400ES with an Esoteric SA-60. The setup menu shows analog 7.1 input as a selection for the Bryston SP3, but doesn't switch from DSD to 7.1 nor will it switch back to DSD if set to 7.1. It does power up the SA-60, SP3, and Parasound JC 2 BP, opens and closes the SA-60 tray, plays discs, and controls volume of the SP3. Am I missing something in the set up?
dbphd is offline  
post #11892 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
paligap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
My 4311 has 3 quick selects which Harmony calls depending on the activity. 4520 could have the same function.

Try posting your question on this thread: The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread

btw, i recently purchased a pair of Reference 3's and they look and sound good to me. My F8500 is pretty good, too.
I have 4 macro buttons on my 4520 remote. I wonder if I could program those and then have the Harmony "learn" them. I'll try the other thread, but I've often seen people refer RC questions to this forum. I love my Rockets and my 8500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Most AVRs (Denon and Onkyo in particular) can respond to literally hundreds of discrete IR commands that can directly access all sorts of things that take multiple menu levels to access with the standard OE remote (which is typically what the standard Harmony database will emulate). My Onkyo TX-NR1010 has over discrete 200 IR commands just for the main zone, and I find several of them indispensable in situations exactly like yours... for example I have separate activities for watching Blu-rays vs. listening to hi-res music... with the primary difference being the discrete setting of appropriate audio modes.

For Denon's, at least one source for (at least some of) their discrete codes and how to use them with a Harmony remote can be found HERE. There are other ways to ad additional commands to your Harmony device database, but the easiest is typically to obtain the ones you need and request Harmony support to add them for you. They used to be pretty liberal with adding them for customers and have done it for me... more recently I've heard mixed stories including possibly charging for the service (which still may be worth it).
I'll try that batpig thread. I've used his threads as a resource in the past. I have a mostly rudimentary understanding of how remotes interface with multiple components.

Samsung PN60f8500
Oppo BDP-103D
Denon 4520
Custom UFW-15 (2)
Rocket RS850 (2), Rocket Bigfoot Center, Rocket RSS300 (2), Rocket RS250MKII (4)
paligap is offline  
post #11893 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bmcn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,349
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by paligap View Post
I have 4 macro buttons on my 4520 remote. I wonder if I could program those and then have the Harmony "learn" them. I'll try the other thread, but I've often seen people refer RC questions to this forum. I love my Rockets and my 8500.



I'll try that batpig thread. I've used his threads as a resource in the past. I have a mostly rudimentary understanding of how remotes interface with multiple components.
On your Denon, make selections for video, then save as QS #1 ; save your music selections as #2.

No need for learning macros. In Harmony, create a Video activity that includes calling #1 , then a Music activity that calls QS #2. Harmony already has those functions for the 4311, and I presume your model. Easy Peasy.
bmcn is online now  
post #11894 of 11908 Old 06-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Senior Member
 
paligap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
On your Denon, make selections for video, then save as QS #1 ; save your music selections as #2.

No need for learning macros. In Harmony, create a Video activity that includes calling #1 , then a Music activity that calls QS #2. Harmony already has those functions for the 4311, and I presume your model. Easy Peasy.
That worked. I even set up two other QS before I realized that I needed them only when I wanted to differentiate the form of Audyssey when using the same source. Otherwise, the receiver "knows" which form I need with which input.

Thanks!
bmcn likes this.

Samsung PN60f8500
Oppo BDP-103D
Denon 4520
Custom UFW-15 (2)
Rocket RS850 (2), Rocket Bigfoot Center, Rocket RSS300 (2), Rocket RS250MKII (4)
paligap is offline  
post #11895 of 11908 Old 06-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
SeekingNirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Santa Cruz California
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I have had the Harmony One for about 3 years, and love it! I would rather keep it then get the new ultimate remote. I like that the One has real buttons that you can feel in the dark. Anyways.........I have been having a problem with the remote for about a year now. It started intermittently, and now it is just about every time I use it. I am constantly getting the "Remote assistant" popping up. It asks if every thing is set up correctly as if I hit the help button. It tells me to hide the assistant I need to use the software to do so, but I do not see anywhere to disable. I have reloaded all the settings at least 4 times trying to fix the problem, but no success. The remote still works, I just need to hit the No button to get passed the help screen, but its really annoying.

Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone opened up the remote to fix the circuit board? Maybe the help button is shorting out?

Like I said I would rather keep this remote then get the new ultimate. I feel is was a downgrade compared to the One.

My dual sealed LMS 5400 Ultra build
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...0-build-4.html
SeekingNirvana is online now  
post #11896 of 11908 Old 06-11-2016, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingNirvana View Post
I have had the Harmony One for about 3 years, and love it! I would rather keep it then get the new ultimate remote. I like that the One has real buttons that you can feel in the dark. Anyways.........I have been having a problem with the remote for about a year now. It started intermittently, and now it is just about every time I use it. I am constantly getting the "Remote assistant" popping up. It asks if every thing is set up correctly as if I hit the help button. It tells me to hide the assistant I need to use the software to do so, but I do not see anywhere to disable. I have reloaded all the settings at least 4 times trying to fix the problem, but no success. The remote still works, I just need to hit the No button to get passed the help screen, but its really annoying.

Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone opened up the remote to fix the circuit board? Maybe the help button is shorting out?

Like I said I would rather keep this remote then get the new ultimate. I feel is was a downgrade compared to the One.
From the Activities screen you should see an Options option. Touch that.
SeekingNirvana likes this.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #11897 of 11908 Old 06-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingNirvana View Post
I have had the Harmony One for about 3 years, and love it! I would rather keep it then get the new ultimate remote. I like that the One has real buttons that you can feel in the dark. Anyways.........I have been having a problem with the remote for about a year now. It started intermittently, and now it is just about every time I use it. I am constantly getting the "Remote assistant" popping up. It asks if every thing is set up correctly as if I hit the help button. It tells me to hide the assistant I need to use the software to do so, but I do not see anywhere to disable. I have reloaded all the settings at least 4 times trying to fix the problem, but no success. The remote still works, I just need to hit the No button to get passed the help screen, but its really annoying.

Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone opened up the remote to fix the circuit board? Maybe the help button is shorting out?

Like I said I would rather keep this remote then get the new ultimate. I feel is was a downgrade compared to the One.
My info button gives me problems from time to time. I need to press it extra hard to get it to work or press it in the right spot. At some point I will get it repaired and this is where I plan to send it. http://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/
It's been mentioned by many in this forum. I too do not want to replace this remote. Hopefully this can help you.
SeekingNirvana likes this.

Yamaha 2010
Oppo 103D,ATV3,PS3, Samsung UN60ES7100F, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's
Zone2-Paradigm SE-1's, Zone3-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
pappaduke is online now  
post #11898 of 11908 Old 06-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
SeekingNirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Santa Cruz California
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
From the Activities screen you should see an Options option. Touch that.
I never looked there......I clicked "Turn remote assistant off" lets see if that fixes it. I was looking on the computer software for something, and never saw anything,

Thanks!

My dual sealed LMS 5400 Ultra build
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...0-build-4.html

Last edited by SeekingNirvana; 06-11-2016 at 02:11 PM.
SeekingNirvana is online now  
post #11899 of 11908 Old 06-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
SeekingNirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Santa Cruz California
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
My info button gives me problems from time to time. I need to press it extra hard to get it to work or press it in the right spot. At some point I will get it repaired and this is where I plan to send it. http://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/
It's been mentioned by many in this forum. I too do not want to replace this remote. Hopefully this can help you.
Thanks for the info, if I ever have a major breakdown Ill look into sending my remote there.

Problem with my remote is that a button is pretty much being pressed by itself. Thanks to @Bond007 I think/hope its fixed.

My dual sealed LMS 5400 Ultra build
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...0-build-4.html
SeekingNirvana is online now  
post #11900 of 11908 Old 06-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Member
 
grantb3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingNirvana View Post
Anyways.........I have been having a problem with the remote for about a year now. It started intermittently, and now it is just about every time I use it. I am constantly getting the "Remote assistant" popping up. It asks if every thing is set up correctly as if I hit the help button. It tells me to hide the assistant I need to use the software to do so, but I do not see anywhere to disable. I have reloaded all the settings at least 4 times trying to fix the problem, but no success. The remote still works, I just need to hit the No button to get passed the help screen, but its really annoying.

Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone opened up the remote to fix the circuit board? Maybe the help button is shorting out?
Yeah it does kind of sound like the help button. I have a similar problem but I know that mine is rebooting by itself. Sometimes I will see the bootup splash screen then it goes to the scenario you mention.
grantb3 is offline  
post #11901 of 11908 Unread Today, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 660
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 113
so i just realized my battery is swollen like crazy! no wonder it reboots all the time and holds little charge daily. i called their support and they asked for a picture which i'll send later when i get home. what's the latest they've been doing for people with these? a new harmony one remote or some newer model? they told me NOT to try to remove the battery.
guitarguy316 is online now  
post #11902 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,229
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Liked: 910
If they replace your remote, it will probably be a Touch or newer. Ones are long gone.
mdavej is offline  
post #11903 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SFV, CA
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You can buy a battery very cheap. Look on ebay or amazon. I would never part with my One due to a battery swell.
Geezer is online now  
post #11904 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Once they replace your One, you will no longer be able to update it. So if you manage to get the battery out you'll be stuck with the current settings.

Yamaha 2010
Oppo 103D,ATV3,PS3, Samsung UN60ES7100F, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's
Zone2-Paradigm SE-1's, Zone3-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
pappaduke is online now  
post #11905 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1636
IIRC I got a replacement battery at Amazon for about $10.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #11906 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Once they replace your One, you will no longer be able to update it. So if you manage to get the battery out you'll be stuck with the current settings.
Not really. He could just create a different Harmony account.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #11907 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
rc05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Do they not blacklist the old remote based on serial number?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rc05 is online now  
post #11908 of 11908 Unread Today, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc05 View Post
Do they not blacklist the old remote based on serial number?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought that was exactly what they did, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yamaha 2010
Oppo 103D,ATV3,PS3, Samsung UN60ES7100F, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's
Zone2-Paradigm SE-1's, Zone3-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
pappaduke is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off