Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 405 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 109Likes

post #12121 of 12148 Old 03-05-2017, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
All versions use the same database.
7.7 didn't recognize my BDP but MyHarmony (program and web site) did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 12148 Old 03-05-2017, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Liked: 948
BDPs are DVD in the old software. Still there, just in a different place.

To prove this to yourself, add a DVD device Samsung UBD-K8500, one of the latest BDPs around, and it will work in the old software.
pbarach and ahard like this.

Last edited by mdavej; 03-05-2017 at 01:19 PM.
post #12123 of 12148 Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschen View Post
Is this on a PC or MAC?

I am using Harmony Remote 7.7.0 on a Windows 7 PC, and every time I clicked "Download" to check for the latest version, it says I have the latest version.

If there is a later version than 7.7.0 on a PC, can someone please tell me the download link?

Thanks
Download all versions here:
https://setup.myharmony.com/

Latest is "MyHarmony". May not work with your One, depending on how old. May require starting a new setup from scratch.

post #12124 of 12148 Old 03-05-2017, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschen View Post
Is this on a PC or MAC?

I am using Harmony Remote 7.7.0 on a Windows 7 PC, and every time I clicked "Download" to check for the latest version, it says I have the latest version.

If there is a later version than 7.7.0 on a PC, can someone please tell me the download link?

Thanks
hi there. I'm using a mac book pro and the software reads Logitech Harmony remote software 7.8.1...
erick
post #12125 of 12148 Old 03-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
BDPs are DVD in the old software. Still there, just in a different place.
I entered the model number and no match, just similar devices.

Meanwhile MyHarmony matched it.

Sony BDP-S3700.
post #12126 of 12148 Old 03-06-2017, 03:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
hi there. I'm using a mac book pro and the software reads Logitech Harmony remote software 7.8.1...
erick
Different versions numbers for Mac OS. The latest for Windows is 7.7.0.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1 (also used for music playback in the main system, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #12127 of 12148 Old 03-06-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
I entered the model number and no match, just similar devices.

Meanwhile MyHarmony matched it.

Sony BDP-S3700.
I just did the same in the old software and got an exact match.

BTW, all Sony BD players ever made use the same codes, so the exact model doesn't matter anyway.

If you want to think the old and new software uses different databases, that's fine. But they don't. And it makes no logical sense that they would maintain separate databases.
ahard likes this.
post #12128 of 12148 Old 03-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I just did the same in the old software and got an exact match.
Interesting. I'll go back through it. When I tried before it didn't match.

Quote:
BTW, all Sony BD players ever made use the same codes, so the exact model doesn't matter anyway.
Have to take your word on that. Most of the old universal remote manuals I've looked at list several codes for Sony DVD and BD players.

What ever the program picked as close for the S3700 was missing buttons though I forget which. I really didn't mess with it for long.
I tried to set up my 6 devices, some didn't match and were missing functionality (several times it asked me to send a code form the original remote to the H1) so I tried MyHarmony and did not have similar issues.

If you can point to good comparison of Logitech Harmony Remote Software v7.x and the current MyHarmony I'd appreciate it. I tried to find one but was unsuccessful in the limited time I had to look. I did find some older comparisons, but MyHarmony has improved since they were done.

Last edited by ST Dog; 03-06-2017 at 11:03 AM.
post #12129 of 12148 Old 03-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I'll go back through it. When I tried before it didn't match.

Have to take your word on that. Most of the old universal remote manuals I've looked at list several codes for Sony DVD and BD players.

What ever the program picked as close for the S3700 was missing buttons though I forget which. I really didn't mess with it for long.
I tried to set up my 6 devices, some didn't match and were missing functionality (several times it asked me to send a code form the original remote to the H1) so I tried MyHarmony and did not have similar issues.

If you can point to good comparison of Logitech Harmony Remote Software v7.x and the current MyHarmony I'd appreciate it. I tried to find one but was unsuccessful in the limited time I had to look. I did find some older comparisons, but MyHarmony has improved since they were done.
Missing functions between models is a complete crapshoot. A model that matches exactly may have far fewer commands than another that's a close match. No way to tell without trying each.

Sony DVD do indeed use different and incompatible codes from BD players. I thought we were talking about BD players. In any case, as new codes and commands are added to cheap universals, they must use a new code since the old ones are set in stone, hence there are many that are identical except for new commands. At their core, however, they are the same. So Sony BD for example is Sony20 protocol, device 26.226, OBC 0-110 (roughly) for all Sony BD players ever made. Obviously a player made in 2007 won't have as many commands as one made in 2017, but the core commands (power, play, etc.) for that old player will work fine on a new player. You'll also find this to be true on cheap remotes. Every single Sony BD code will power on any Sony BD player unless they have listed DVD codes in with the BD codes by mistake.

I can't point to a good comparison as it has gone through many changes as you have seen. But there is virtually no reason to use the old software anymore, IMO. I hadn't run it in years actually, until I saw your post. MyHarmony has many more advantages than drawbacks now, like long sequences, simpler UI, multiple remotes on one account, and better model searching as you have already seen. I'm not endorsing the old s/w at all, quite the contrary. I just wanted to point out that it still works. Some Harmony One users, however, have no choice and are stuck with the old software.

Last edited by mdavej; 03-06-2017 at 02:28 PM.
post #12130 of 12148 Old 03-06-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I thought we were talking about BD players.
As you pointed out, most list BD players in with DVD players.
So that's all I had to look at.

It would make sense for a NEW remote to not use old, duplicate codes. Just list the new codes in the manuals. The remote you buy in 2017 doesn't have to list the codes from 2001 that are duplicated with newer ones.

Quote:
I can't point to a good comparison as it has gone through many changes as you have seen. But there is virtually no reason to use the old software anymore, IMO.
That covers my questions then. The current MyHarmony is on par with (even better than) the older tool now.
post #12131 of 12148 Old 03-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 181
I am having nothing but problems with my remote. I finally got it to where it will turn on my projector and AVR but now when I try to switch inputs (from game to media player) it shuts off my projector and turns the avr back to game.

I have it set up that the music symbol is AVR on and set to media player. No projector in that button but it still shuts off my projector. My middle button is set up as projector on only but it also switches my AVR to game. Its extremely frustrating and about to go back to my two remotes and trash my hub and harmony remote.

Does anyone have any advice?
post #12132 of 12148 Old 03-12-2017, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
I am having nothing but problems with my remote. I finally got it to where it will turn on my projector and AVR but now when I try to switch inputs (from game to media player) it shuts off my projector and turns the avr back to game.

I have it set up that the music symbol is AVR on and set to media player. No projector in that button but it still shuts off my projector. My middle button is set up as projector on only but it also switches my AVR to game. Its extremely frustrating and about to go back to my two remotes and trash my hub and harmony remote.

Does anyone have any advice?
You need to think about programming activities, not trying to custom program each button.

Any Activity is something you do... Watch a DVD, Watch TV, Play Music

Each Activity has all of the settings for that Activity.
Watch DVD:
Turn On TV
Turn on Receiver
Turn on DVD Player
Switch Receiver to HDMI 2
Switch TV to HDMI input
Volume is controlled by receiver

Watch TV:
Turn on TV
Turn on Receiver
Switch Receiver to HDMI 1
Set TV to Channel Mode
Volume is controlled by receiver

The remote will intelligently remember the last Activity you chose, then turn on or off components as needed to get there.
Don't try to manipulate every device, let the remote do the work. Activities allow you to have different buttons do different things.

Hope this helps.
Dave
shimonmor, 49Merc and ahard like this.

Dave
post #12133 of 12148 Old 03-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Thank you, ill give it a shot
post #12134 of 12148 Old 03-18-2017, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy H 1 overheated while charging, but battery is normal

All ops were normal for years, including charging. "A few weeks ago, the "shake-operated" unit lighting seems to not work, but worked OK with "OK" button; other ops all normal. A few days ago, noticed a dark spot on screen after charging. The back of unit(behind the screen)was unusually warm to the touch; the battery was cool. Then, unit would discharge completely, by itself (off the charger)within a half hour or less (meanwhile the dark spot would gradually disappear). Could then recharge it, with same results. This was repeated time and again. So, I would charge it partially(so as not to continually overheat it), take it off the charger, use it intermittently, then, when it was almost discharged, repeat the process.
Then, I accidentally left it on the charger overnight!! Result; a solid white screen and no reaction to [any]button push. After removing/replacing the battery, then completely dead, "charging", or not- dead.
Just removed the battery- it is fully charged at 3.80-4.1 volts. When I replace the battery; in quick succession on the screen I observe: white screen for .5 seconds, then solid green/blue "lines" for 1.5 seconds then dark screen for 2 seconds, then "(H)armony" word and 2 sequences of (apparent) system reset "dashes", then in VERY QUICK succession: Harmony, "Remote Assistant", (my usual) home screen, battery low charge logo,then all goes dead. NO button reaction -nothing. I can repeat that sequence time and again.
I did a "safe mode". Results: A.D8CD 34, B.DB1C 34, C.0000 34, D.CB09 16, E.D9E9 34
After that no reaction to any buttons (that I can see/do).
Got out of "safe" mode by removing battery. Then can go back to the above description of Remove/replace battery.
I suspect there is a short(???) on the circuitry in the vicinity of "3-o-clock" on the screen, behind the screen, that is/was quickly discharging the battery- maybe now the "connection is "broken", hence no reaction to anything except the sequence described above.
Love the unit- especially now dealing with 4 remotes in succession !!!!!
Please help!!!!! :-))))
Am moderately familiar with electrics and very general SS circuitry. Help, what can I do to fix this puppy???????
post #12135 of 12148 Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Suggest you look into www.harmonyremoterepair.com

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #12136 of 12148 Old Today, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
FOLKS, I may be on a fruitless mission. I have been a "Harmony" stalworth going back to at least 2005. Tons, of research, emails, calls to Logitech, bugging my audio buddies etc..Finally settled on the "then new" Harmony one. Spent weeks reading all i could find about, "could", "woulds", yeah & nays....Finally got around to programming, which frankly was quite easy, after all said and done. Then, setup a 2nd big screen viewing room in our basement/game/den room. Bought another Harmony one and with my newly acquired "programming skills", its was a snap to program. Happy, Happy all around..

a couple of years went by, tastes change, reprogramming now a snap.. no issues, until the 1st unit failed to work.. swapped batteries with working unit.."NG"... called Harmony, spent an hour on the phone (free then)..They asked for the unit back, I sent them "what I thought was the broken one..oops... They replaced it another NEW one... Then the programming issue began... Bulging batteries and all the rest. This went on for years.... Low & behold, I called them again, and find out that I sent the wrong unit ( it was the working unit !!!) . The broken unit stayed in my house and "played "nice with me", until I received their new unit. THEY SENT ME A BRAND NEW "HARMONY ULTIMATE ONE"......I PUT IT ASIDE AND WAITED UNTIL I HAD THE 'HEAD TO ATTEMPT PROGRAMMING.....

Then, the moment of truth... I called Harmony explained the situation.... 3 nice people over as many weeks tried to walk me through the transfer of data from my only 'truly "functioning unit (original Harmony one) TO THE NEW HARMONY ULTIMATE ONE, zilch , crappola, kaput, icks-nay, nothing... Then.... THEY SAID i HAVE TAKEN TOO MUCH TIME AND WANTED TO CHARGE ME .... That ended my calls to Harmony.

So where are we going..... I have this unused, Brand New "Harmony Ultimate One" that I would like to bring into the GAME... and put the un-programmable (former battery killer) to rest in the basement Den.. Who out there could walk me through how to program this "H-ONE" unit step by step..... As it can hold an enormous number of channels, logos, etc. I already made up the list of channels and have access to their Logos... and ready to dance.. I would start with just the dozen or so that currently are comfortably installed in the 1st Harmony One (which they returned,why I don't know), thus now I have the original two Harmony ones (good one, & battery killer).AND the gift of the HARMONY ULTIMATE ONE.

THE BATTERY KILLER HAS BEEN LOCKED OUT AS SO I'M TOLD...Anyone out there, know how to get into the back door on that unit, to change programming, or is it a lost cause and Im stuck with 6 channels for ever????.....

Right now.... I just want to program the the "ULTIMATE ONE" and enter about 30 channels ( I'm on DISH network), have surround in Main room..Satellite, DVD, GAME console, inputs for digital pix and videos etc..... apologies for long winded explanation. First time on this forum.... Long time(YEARS) on the AUDIO SIDE.
All and any amount of guidance and help is immensely appreciated.
p.s. Harmony now charges $29.00 a hr for programming help....
post #12137 of 12148 Old Today, 09:17 AM

You can send the disabled one to harmonyremoterepair.com and they can change something so it is programmable again, $40 I think.

As for the Ultimate, best to just start from scratch. It's not any harder than the old ones. Probably easier with the new software.

Last edited by ST Dog; Today at 10:30 AM.
post #12138 of 12148 Old Today, 10:02 AM

Quote:
You can send the disabled one to harmonyremoterepair.com and they can change something so it is programmable again, $40 I think.

As fir the Ultimate, best to just start from scratch. It's not any harder than the old ones. Probably easier with the new software.
Yea,.... I guess your right..... the last time I used them, it took me weeks to reload the software and instructions..........they couldn't link up my "ONE" with the "Ultimate one" and as a result, I had to re-enter all of my DATA back into the "ONE" again..... not hard... just annoying... ..Hey... while I'm here.... any rumors out here about folks who can dance "around" the "gates" to allow re programming "locked" units...? just send them my contact name from this site.... Much appreciated..
post #12139 of 12148 Old Today, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovino View Post
Yea,.... I guess your right..... the last time I used them, it took me weeks to reload the software and instructions.
The newer software is a bit easier to work with (at least I think so).
So you could have you basic setup done in 10-15 minutes.

I don't know about the channels and logos (I don't use that) but I suspect it's easier now than in the past.

Quote:
Hey... while I'm here.... any rumors out here about folks who can dance "around" the "gates" to allow re programming "locked" units...?
As I said, harmonyremoterepair.com can do it.

Logitech disables it based on the serial number. The solution is to change the serial number the device reports to the software. The site linked takes serial numbers from unrepairable remotes and assigns it to another.

That's really the only solution given how the Harmony software works.
post #12140 of 12148 Old Today, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Suggest you look into www.harmonyremoterepair.com
Thanks for the info; just reviewed his website. Now I have a few T/S possibilities; failing that, I can get a replacement quite cheaply. I'm just beginning to suspect that, after the 'shake-operated' lighting- the tilt sensor- failed, that by trying harder to shake the unit, I probably jarred something loose on the motherboard inside and caused a short of some kind . But, I'll investigate further-can't make it worse by trying. Thank you for the helpful reference. Regards
post #12141 of 12148 Old Today, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingfe View Post
I'm just beginning to suspect that, after the 'shake-operated' lighting- the tilt sensor- failed, that by trying harder to shake the unit, I probably jarred something loose on the motherboard inside and caused a short of some kind
I doubt it's a short. More likely a broken wire (wires) to the LCD.

But the heat issue raises concerns that more is damaged now.
Likely need a new main board too.
post #12142 of 12148 Old Today, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I doubt it's a short. More likely a broken wire (wires) to the LCD.

But the heat issue raises concerns that more is damaged now.
Likely need a new main board too.
The screen worked fine, though only momentarily, when the battery was removed/replaced; also worked normally during a firmware reset, as Quin suggested. But the firmware reset didn't solve my original problems. Quin suspected a bad voltage regulator. So I just ordered a refurb from him- just the same cost as a logic board repair/replace. Also, now I'll have a good tilt-sensor. Thanks for the help
post #12143 of 12148 Old Today, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingfe View Post
The screen worked fine, though only momentarily, when the battery was removed/replaced; also worked normally during a firmware reset, as Quin suggested.
You'd be amazed at how intermittent broken wires can be

Quote:
Quin suspected a bad voltage regulator. So I just ordered a refurb from him- just the same cost as a logic board repair/replace. Also, now I'll have a good tilt-sensor.
Refurb or new board. Same net result

If the refurb condition isn't as good as your current one you can swap the parts around easily enough. The disassembly guide they have up is very through and made it a 5 minute job. (I used it to get a very swollen battery out of a used remote I bought)
post #12144 of 12148 Old Today, 03:20 PM

Quote:

I don't know about the channels and logos (I don't use that) but I suspect it's easier now than in the past.

Logitech disables it based on the serial number. The solution is to change the serial number the device reports to the software. The site linked takes serial numbers from unrepairable remotes and assigns it to another.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED !!... NOW i NEED BIG TIME GUIDANCE
FOR THE ABSOLUTELY MINT NEW NEVER USED- FREE REPLACEMENT FOR THE ZAPPED "HARMONY ONE" THAT IS THE CAUSE OF ALL OF MY GRIEF... I CAN USE IT TO CHANGE STATIONS, ON-OFF, LOUDNESS ETC, SCAN CHANNELS UP AND DOWN, SELECT THE EQUIPMENT(FUNCTION) IN MY AUDIO/VIDEO RACK.... BUT CANNOT ADD OR CHANGE TO REPLACEMENT GEAR OR FUNCTIONS ON THAT UNIT..... THUS ITS TIME FOR ME TO FINALLY BREAK DOWN AND USE THE 'NEW" HARMONY "ULTIMATE ONE". BUT REMEMBERING THE PAIN THE LOGITECH TECHS (yeah! really..b/s) put me through and then tell me I used too much of their time !!!!!!

The good news is that at least that unit is 'ON RECORD".. so I can connect it to the website and "trial and error" my programming... That really sucks.... It will take me months ... it holds 50+ or more channels with logos( if you have hem)...NO "R .F." hub needed.....T.G. .... do you know any member who can walk me through about installing 10 or so channels ? as for the A/V... I can do that myself from the Harm-One.......( I hope !!!) much appreciate you looking after me... as I'm a newbee here but not on the AUDIO-VIDEO FORUMS ACROSS THE WWW.....;)
post #12145 of 12148 Old Today, 03:24 PM

Quote:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED !!... NOW i NEED BIG TIME GUIDANCE
FOR THE ABSOLUTELY MINT NEW NEVER USED- FREE REPLACEMENT FOR THE ZAPPED "HARMONY ONE" THAT IS THE CAUSE OF ALL OF MY GRIEF... I CAN USE IT TO CHANGE STATIONS, ON-OFF, LOUDNESS ETC, SCAN CHANNELS UP AND DOWN, SELECT THE EQUIPMENT(FUNCTION) IN MY AUDIO/VIDEO RACK.... BUT CANNOT ADD OR CHANGE TO REPLACEMENT GEAR OR FUNCTIONS ON THAT UNIT..... THUS ITS TIME FOR ME TO FINALLY BREAK DOWN AND USE THE 'NEW" HARMONY "ULTIMATE ONE". BUT REMEMBERING THE PAIN THE LOGITECH TECHS (yeah! really..b/s) put me through and then tell me I used too much of their time !!!!!!

The good news is that at least that unit is 'ON RECORD".. so I can connect it to the website and "trial and error" my programming... That really sucks.... It will take me months ... it holds 50+ or more channels with logos( if you have hem)...NO "R .F." hub needed.....T.G. .... do you know any member who can walk me through about installing 10 or so channels ? as for the A/V... I can do that myself from the Harm-One.......( I hope !!!) much appreciate you looking after me... as I'm a newbee here but not on the AUDIO-VIDEO FORUMS ACROSS THE WWW.....;)
post #12146 of 12148 Old Today, 04:48 PM

It's really not that hard to program the remote unless you are trying complex stuff.

General activities where you turn stuff on/off and select inputs is simple. Getting all the activity functions you want​ may take a bit linger, but it easy once you figure out what you want.

Since you gave the old one as a guide it will be easier.

Like functions for "watch TV" with your DVR, the live and list (DVR button on the Dish remote)

The favorites is up to you. Use as few it as many as you want. Program you actual favorites, not every channel you can. Probly less than a dozen. You can always add more if needed.
I use 0, so it took me no time at all.

As for the "new" H1 that you can't modify. If it's in such great shape, spend the money to make it usable.

It'll still have to be reprogrammed though.

Last edited by ST Dog; Today at 08:03 PM.
post #12147 of 12148 Old Today, 06:03 PM

Great minds think alike.... Thats what I was planning to do... just keep it around charged... Then I would have 3 perfectly operating units.... 2@ Harmy One's and a brand new
Harmy Ultimate ONE... yet to be programmed......

My wife constantly takes the Harmy that is by my TV chair (while she has a perfectly twin working unit, that she gets flustered when her unit refuses to respond (the older harmy that won't allow programing and negates activity that was called on by the unit sitting at my seat)... then takes my Harmy that works fine.... and swaps them. Its a regular COMEDY ACT. WHICH I HOPE TO CLOSE....SOON....

So when I finally get the Ultimate ONE going with the 20-30 screens etc... and likely better with the battery issue that plagued the Harm-one's... we will all be happy, happy again.....

So, do you like the plan... that is why I'm asking about member or 2 that are familiar with the steps for programming the "ULTIMATE ONE"
post #12148 of 12148 Old Today, 08:08 PM

Quote:
that is why I'm asking about member or 2 that are familiar with the steps for programming the "ULTIMATE ONE"
It programs the same as the other harmony remotes. The difference is the number if physical buttons (Ultimate One doesn't have a number pad, it does have the 4 colored button).

Last edited by ST Dog; Today at 08:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page