Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 407 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 128Likes

post #12181 of 12198 Old 05-31-2017, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzikas View Post
Just thought I'd jump in here to say that my Harmony One is still performing well after nearly 10 years!! Thats right---10 years! I dont know what I'll do when it finally conks out. It's been a very fine piece of equipment. It still holds a charge for the better part of a week, charges really fast too. The buttons do seem a little weak, that is, they require a heavy press to activate. Mostly the volume, as I'm sure because its the most used of all.

Same here and the Harmony One is the best HT remote I've ever had. The only problem I've got with mine is that the sensor does not work anymore (the feature that turns on the screen when picked up). I contacted Harmony and was told that it could not be fixed which I doubt seriously but anyway I picked up a spare/refurbished unit on Amazon and it's perfect so I've got 2 now.
49Merc and ST Dog like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12182 of 12198 Old 05-31-2017, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post
Same here and the Harmony One is the best HT remote I've ever had. The only problem I've got with mine is that the sensor does not work anymore (the feature that turns on the screen when picked up). I contacted Harmony and was told that it could not be fixed which I doubt seriously but anyway I picked up a spare/refurbished unit on Amazon and it's perfect so I've got 2 now.
Quin at Harmony Remote Repair can probably fix it for you.

www.harmonyremoterepair.com

info@harmonyremoterepair.com
49Merc likes this.
post #12183 of 12198 Old 05-31-2017, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
After multiple resyncing and rebooting, strange problems continue. Harmony Tech and I both agree that our heavily used 2015 Harmony One is worn out. Buying an on sale Elite from Best Buy tomorrow. Definitely got our monies worth from the One.
Is Harmony Tech the same as Logitech Tech Support? Have you contacted Quin at harmonyremoterepair.com? IMO, an H1 in use only since 2015 should still have a lot more years left in it. Regardless, I hope it all works out OK for you.
49Merc and wolfanoodle like this.

Please enter password to view this signature.

post #12184 of 12198 Old 05-31-2017, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzikas View Post
Just thought I'd jump in here to say that my Harmony One is still performing well after nearly 10 years!! Thats right---10 years! I dont know what I'll do when it finally conks out. It's been a very fine piece of equipment. It still holds a charge for the better part of a week, charges really fast too. The buttons do seem a little weak, that is, they require a heavy press to activate. Mostly the volume, as I'm sure because its the most used of all.
Mine works fine after 10 years except for the motion sensor. I just tap once on the screen to light it up, and that issue is overcome. Retains its charge without an issue, and the battery isn't swollen.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1 (also used for music playback in the main system, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #12185 of 12198 Old 05-31-2017, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Programming support is the biggest concern going forward.

Battery is my other concern​ long term.
A few good ones still available so I need some spares to rotate/store.

Maybe buy a few spare units and get them refurbished while possible.

For about the cost of a new, current one I should be set for another 20+ years. As long as Logitech​ supports it.
post #12186 of 12198 Old 05-31-2017, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Is Harmony Tech the same as Logitech Tech Support? Have you contacted Quin at harmonyremoterepair.com? IMO, an H1 in use only since 2015 should still have a lot more years left in it. Regardless, I hope it all works out OK for you.
Same tech. I got the Elite with a $100 discount. Really wanted an RF. All's okay.

LG OLED 55EG9100 HDTV, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Receiver, Sony BDPS6500 Blu-Ray, Bose Soundtouch 130 HTC (Sound Bar), Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice AV Cables

LG OLED 55EG9100 Calibrated by Best Buy Geek Squad
post #12187 of 12198 Old 06-01-2017, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Thomas View Post
Quin at Harmony Remote Repair can probably fix it for you.

www.harmonyremoterepair.com

info@harmonyremoterepair.com

Thanks Tom. Don't know why that foreign lady on the phone said it couldn't be fixed cept for them wanting to get folks to buy another one, (which I did but was going to do anyway).
post #12188 of 12198 Old 06-01-2017, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post
Thanks Tom. Don't know why that foreign lady on the phone said it couldn't be fixed
Because Logitech isn't going to recommend (or even mention) a 3rd party option.

Logitech won't/can't repair them so as far as they are concerned it's not repairable.
post #12189 of 12198 Old 06-01-2017, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 164
My original One was running really well for about 8 years. A few of the buttons became unresponsive unless you pressed really hard. I was about to reluctantly buy the Elite until I looked in my closet and realized that I still have a One that is brand new from when Logitech replaced one of my faulty ones.

After trying out the Elite, I realized that I liked the buttons on the One better. So I purchased a couple of great condition ones on eBay and have been using those.
49Merc and Dominic26 like this.
post #12190 of 12198 Old 06-02-2017, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Because Logitech isn't going to recommend (or even mention) a 3rd party option.

Logitech won't/can't repair them so as far as they are concerned it's not repairable.
Sounds right. By the way the new part and labor for the fix comes to $36 (happy and relieved). Shipping to Quinn not included. Thanks again one and all.
post #12191 of 12198 Old 07-25-2017, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just tried to update my Harmony One for some new AV equipment. Haven't had to do this in years. I added the new device, updated my activities, etc. The problem is that I cannot customize any of the buttons. Not the Standard ones nor can I add any to the Additional Buttons. I'm using the Loginech Harmony Remote Software for Mac (7.7.0)

I can make all kinds of adjustments. Then when I click Done and then go back to the customize button screen none of the adjustments are there. They are all back to defaults.

Any ideas?
rjhseven likes this.
post #12192 of 12198 Old 07-26-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2222 Post(s)
Liked: 972
There are 2 places to customize buttons - in the device and in the activity. You've done one and not the other.
post #12193 of 12198 Old 07-26-2017, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks for the info.
post #12194 of 12198 Old 07-27-2017, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek View Post
Just tried to update my Harmony One for some new AV equipment. Haven't had to do this in years. I added the new device, updated my activities, etc. The problem is that I cannot customize any of the buttons. Not the Standard ones nor can I add any to the Additional Buttons. I'm using the Loginech Harmony Remote Software for Mac (7.7.0)

I can make all kinds of adjustments. Then when I click Done and then go back to the customize button screen none of the adjustments are there. They are all back to defaults.

Any ideas?
Could also be this issue. I just got a new receiver and was reprogramming and going mad for a while wondering why the custom buttons wouldn't stick.

Harmony Remote Desktop v7.7 not saving button customizations

https://community.logitech.com/s/que...saving-changes
rjhseven and grantb3 like this.
post #12195 of 12198 Old 07-30-2017, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Has anyone had any luck using a Logitech One w/ the Vizio TV's casting? Mine turns it on/off, and nothing else. I can't figure out how to get any commands working on it. If any of you've an idiot-proof guide on programming, I'd love to see it. Thanks...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #12196 of 12198 Old 07-30-2017, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2387 Post(s)
Liked: 1705
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Has anyone had any luck using a Logitech One w/ the Vizio TV's casting? Mine turns it on/off, and nothing else. I can't figure out how to get any commands working on it. If any of you've an idiot-proof guide on programming, I'd love to see it. Thanks...
Would help if you explain how you're doing the setup, with the Windows software or what?
The MyHarmony database does have device entries for the various Vizio models.
Beyond that, if you're creating a new activity for casting you may have to program the various activity buttons to match the Vizio commands. The separate device remote should have more or less the right buttons set up.
post #12197 of 12198 Old 07-30-2017, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Would help if you explain how you're doing the setup, with the Windows software or what?
The MyHarmony database does have device entries for the various Vizio models.
Beyond that, if you're creating a new activity for casting you may have to program the various activity buttons to match the Vizio commands. The separate device remote should have more or less the right buttons set up.
Doing it w/ mac. I could set up the individual commands, but thought maybe I was missing something. I wondered if someone had figured out how to do it w/o having to do that.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #12198 of 12198 Old 08-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SioPao View Post
Could also be this issue. I just got a new receiver and was reprogramming and going mad for a while wondering why the custom buttons wouldn't stick.

Harmony Remote Desktop v7.7 not saving button customizations

https://community.logitech.com/s/que...saving-changes
It appears to have been a server-side problem at Logitech. People are reporting that it is now resolved.
joe221 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page