Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 408 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 129Likes

post #12211 of 12215 Old 08-28-2017, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Quite right
Is the phrase "QUITE RIGHT" imply what I suspect it "implies" ?

Simply put, at one time I had 3units..... due to the language difficulties between the U.S.A. & the Philippines (where Harmony has its phone support). One of their techs screwed up the records of which unit needed unlock. As a result they sent back the unit with the ballooned battery(locked) and then, sent me a FREE new Harmony ULTIMATE ONE. My wife has the original good unit and I have the former ballooned unit....Which works ok after I disassembled the unit an removed the ballooned battery (messy job)...Put a new battery in , works fine but I cannot change any settings as it is locked by them after when i sent it in for repair. (thus my inquiry about Quin But....... I still have the "UNUSED" BRAND NEW Ultimate one, which I can Program anytime I choose to....In fact... I think you folks have lit the proverbial fire under my rump to do just that in the coming week or so..... Should not be an issue as this unit cam directly from Harmony as a GIFT ! What say you Brethren ???

Sometimes you can't see the forest etc....... Thanks all !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12212 of 12215 Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovino View Post
Is the phrase "QUITE RIGHT" imply what I suspect it "implies" ?
It means that everything ST Dog wrote is correct and that I totally forgot about using a different main board. Do confirm these options with Quin though, along with the pricing.

Having said that, I still think replacement with a 700 or 665 is the better option.
post #12213 of 12215 Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovino View Post
...As a result they sent back the unit with the ballooned battery(locked) and then, sent me a FREE new Harmony ULTIMATE ONE...I still have the "UNUSED" BRAND NEW Ultimate one, which I can Program anytime I choose to....In fact... I think you folks have lit the proverbial fire under my rump to do just that in the coming week or so..... Should not be an issue as this unit cam directly from Harmony as a GIFT ! What say you Brethren...
FWIW, my two Ultimate Ones are fully programmed, but they're collecting dust. Logitech sent them free to me a few years ago to replace two H1s with swollen batteries. The Ultimate One's ergonomic layout is terribly inferior to the H1. So, I had Quin refurb and restore my two H1s - both are working great. I think you'll be unimpressed with the Ultimate One. Good luck.
ST Dog likes this.

Please enter password to view this signature.

post #12214 of 12215 Old 08-28-2017, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Glad I stumbled onto this thread. I have a One that I bought from a gent on eBay ~5 years ago. The motion sensor sensitivity is now about half what it was then and I did not know there is a swelling battery issue - I'll look at mine to check it from time to time going forward. Also, glad to know Quinn is out there!
post #12215 of 12215 Old 08-29-2017, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Having said that, I still think replacement with a 700 or 665 is the better option.
Like Sgooter, I'm not a fan of the replacement options, especially not the Ultimate.

I got my H1 recently (March?) since my old remote and new AVR didn't cooperate. I looked at the 700 and similar too and picked the H1 over them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page