Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #181 of 11343 Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Squareeyes,

Thanks for the quick response, please keep us posted. By the way, the channel icons look great.

-Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 11343 Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM

As soon as I found out the Best Buy I work at had them, I brought my 880 into work with me the next day to exchange it for the One. I've gone from the 670 to the 880 and now to the One and have had zero issues transferring the configuration which is great. I love the touchscreen. The feel of the remote is great. I just started using the favorite channels and that is just awesome with the pictures of the channels on the screen after I hit watch Tv. I'm still trying to get the remote to be just as responsive as the Tivo remote which might be impossible but I'm making progress.
post #183 of 11343 Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Anyone have response settings for a Tivo Series 1?
post #184 of 11343 Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 PM

cancelled my amazon order and had the GF head over to BB after they stated there was 1 in stock...configuring it now!
post #185 of 11343 Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Congrats to all the new and mostly happy "One" owners ('cept for that one unhappy dude with the loss of custom keys .... for the 5th time Sorry I never bothered with custom keys and hence could not warn you ahead of time)
I had a chance to play with Philips Pronto TSU9600 "The Professional Installer's Choice" or the "Jesus Remote" anyways compared to my H1K its bigger, has a few more hard buttons, this spinring ringy thingy and this huge and pretty LCD screen. But still after using the H1K for over a year the Pronto just seemed like a larger everything version (I didn't even bother asking $$) In the end I am glad I am back to the one-handed stick style remote. No matter how much fancier the Pronto is, it is still not as productive and just a really fancy decorative gadget....
Anyways the one thing that did impress me is that the channel logos looked so sharp?!
I have yet to attempt creating channel logos in native 75x44 properly, instead opted to use ACDSee to resize the 132x99 logos. But I am just not certain why the result looks good on the monitor but still crappy on the remote....
post #186 of 11343 Old 01-29-2008, 11:07 PM

It looks like all the 75x44 logos I have made myself are 100x better than those in the packs on those websites. I'll be taking time to make a bit more and then I'll upload them on here.
post #187 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv View Post

Hours and hours reprogramming buttons? It took me about five minutes to redo my custom layouts.

This is a crusade of his. Ignore the comment. lol
post #188 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakfreak View Post

Congrats to all the new and mostly happy "One" owners ('cept for that one unhappy dude with the loss of custom keys .... for the 5th time ...

Yeah. Quite the crusade. lol
post #189 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4ndyj View Post

Anyone have response settings for a Tivo Series 1?

For my Denon receiver and TiVo, I usually set an interkey delay of 0ms. This is under Devices -> the device -> Adjust the Delays.
post #190 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 05:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Is the <- page button on the LCD overly sensitive on your Harmony One?

With my Harmony One, touching the left 1/3 of the first button column changes the page, rather than performs the function. The right -> page button on the LCD seems fine.

I'm wondering if I got a defective Harmony One, or whether this behavior is typical.
post #191 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprung View Post

Has anybody definitively figured out if there is a way to access the "media" button on the Harmony One? I use my 880 to access my Sony 400 Disc DVD changer by movie titles and I really don't want to lose this feature.

below is the short response i received from harmony support:

You are right. Unfortunately Harmony One remote do not have the Media button. For that reason you would not be able to program the CD title list on Harmony One remote. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

ugh! it would be a great update if they would add the media button to appear where the "favorites" button is in my "listen to cd" activity. especially as the desktop software allows me to enter the disc titles and numbers of my changer. i would have thought this feature would have been included on the one.

come on yngdiego. get behind me on this. i could use some of that devout fervor.

follow icon updates, av & remote info on facebook and twitter.
http://www.iconharmony.com
post #192 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the <- page button on the LCD overly sensitive on your Harmony One?

With my Harmony One, touching the left 1/3 of the first button column changes the page, rather than performs the function. The right -> page button on the LCD seems fine.

I'm wondering if I got a defective Harmony One, or whether this behavior is typical.

My Harmony One frequently performs the wrong action for me when trying to use the touch screen. I may end up in devices menu, left/right, or whatever. HIGHLY frustrating and REALLY dislike the touch screen..by far a huge step backward in usability.
post #193 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post

My Harmony One frequently performs the wrong action for me when trying to use the touch screen. I may end up in devices menu, left/right, or whatever. HIGHLY frustrating and REALLY dislike the touch screen..by far a huge step backward in usability.

Please just return it. We get it--you are not happy. Maybe your fingers are just too big
post #194 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 08:50 AM

I just got the Harmony One from Best Buy and they tried to sell me a 2 year replacement plan including battery for $40 turned it down but wondered if I should have went ahead and purchased? Would this be worth the $40 or would I be wasting my money? Usually do not buy these things but wanted some feedback think I have the 30 days to change my mind if needed. Thanks for any feedback unit is charging about to install software looking foward to my upgrade from my old 676
post #195 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcot View Post

I just got the Harmony One from Best Buy and they tried to sell me a 2 year replacement plan including battery for $40 turned it down but wondered if I should have went ahead and purchased? Would this be worth the $40 or would I be wasting my money? Usually do not buy these things but wanted some feedback think I have the 30 days to change my mind if needed. Thanks for any feedback unit is charging about to install software looking foward to my upgrade from my old 676

From my reading (no personal experience), Harmony is very good about honoring their warranty. I've even read of people getting a replacement a few months after the warranty had expired. So, no, I wouldn't (and didn't) get the extended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post

I've had a couple of misses myself, but they were my fault. If I understand it correctly, this touch screen uses the electrostatic charge of your body and not pressure to activate a key. So raking my finger across the screen will cause unwanted key strokes. If I come straight down on it, I haven't had any problems.
post #196 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girdnerg View Post

From my reading (no personal experience), Harmony is very good about honoring their warranty. I've even read of people getting a replacement a few months after the warranty had expired. So, no, I wouldn't (and didn't) get the extended.

Have you priced the Batteries? Wonder if it would be worth it due to the fact they replace the battery as well at least he claimed they did (LOL)..
post #197 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girdnerg View Post

I've had a couple of misses myself, but they were my fault. If I understand it correctly, this touch screen uses the electrostatic charge of your body and not pressure to activate a key. So raking my finger across the screen will cause unwanted key strokes. If I come straight down on it, I haven't had any problems.

this also addresses the "locking" the lcd screen that some are concerned about. the capacitive-touch screen on the harmony one should only react to a touch from skin-on-screen contact. i've knocked the remote around a bit on the sofa and contact with the screen from the pillows does not send an ir signal.

post #198 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
For those who are interested I ordered fromLogitech yesterday and they are shipping today.

Also Amazon is no longer preorder but accepting real orders
post #199 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 10:04 AM

I had an 880 when they first came out and had one with the LCD washing out and their service was excellent! Not only did they exchange it, they sent me a new one first and then sent the defective one back in the replacement box.

Not sure what the battery would cost, see if there is a part number for the battery and see if anyone on ebay is selling one.

Quote:

post #200 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Best Buy on Newbury St. in Boston has them. I was told at least 5 are in stock. I went to pick one up and they were not on the shelf. A sales guy had to dig through the loading dock to get it.
post #201 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM

I picked up mine yesterday from BB (they honored the 10% off coupon!), took it home, and used the "Upgrade Remote" option in the new software to convert my 880 over. Everything worked as expected, I had to go and re-do all of my custom buttons, etc, but I'm having a problem with duplicate entries showing up on the remote for several activities and not in the software. Multiple updates to the remote did not remove these duplicates.

As an example, for my Xbox 360, I have buttons 1-7 set to "On/Off", "MCE", "A", "B", "X", "Y", "Eject" in the software, but when I select the activity it shows 3 pages of buttons that effectively duplicate what I have set up, as well as add a couple more that I don't even have configured. The buttons also appear to be randomly placed and do not show up as I had arranged them.

The only thing I can think of is to completely remove the activity, update the remote, add the activity and re-do my configuration, then update the remote again. Has anyone else had this problem and can offer any other suggestions before I start from scratch?
post #202 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylucky View Post

I picked up mine yesterday from BB (they honored the 10% off coupon!), took it home, and used the "Upgrade Remote" option in the new software to convert my 880 over. Everything worked as expected, I had to go and re-do all of my custom buttons, etc, but I'm having a problem with duplicate entries showing up on the remote for several activities and not in the software. Multiple updates to the remote did not remove these duplicates.

As an example, for my Xbox 360, I have buttons 1-7 set to "On/Off", "MCE", "A", "B", "X", "Y", "Eject" in the software, but when I select the activity it shows 3 pages of buttons that effectively duplicate what I have set up, as well as add a couple more that I don't even have configured. The buttons also appear to be randomly placed and do not show up as I had arranged them.

The only thing I can think of is to completely remove the activity, update the remote, add the activity and re-do my configuration, then update the remote again. Has anyone else had this problem and can offer any other suggestions before I start from scratch?

i have the exact same problem with mine, and only in the xbox activity. i have a superflous screen with the 4 buttons and two blanks. i have not addressed the issue with harmony support yet nor have i tried to fix it by wiping the device and setting it back up.
let me know if you any success fixing the problem.

post #203 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

I've received a few requests for the high-res channel icons I created. Please send me a private message if you would like the the entire batch I have so far.
I'm also taking requests, so if there's a channel you would like created in the same style just let me know.
Here're a few samples:
http://members.cox.net/squareeyes/ABCHD.jpg
http://members.cox.net/squareeyes/CNN.jpg
http://members.cox.net/squareeyes/UniversalHD.jpg

Very nice work there!!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #204 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:

Do any of your credit cards do the double warranty thing? One of my Amex's does and I use it to buy stuff that I'll worry about.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #205 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

Do any of your credit cards do the double warranty thing? One of my Amex's does and I use it to buy stuff that I'll worry about.

I have the visa extended warranty thing on my capital one card, they will double the original warranty for up to 5 years. You either have to register after you buy it or when it breaks. They will pay for it to get repaired or if it will cost 60-70% of the original value to fix it they will just cut you a check for what you paid for it so you can go and replace it. They cut me a check to replace my broken laptop last month. So now I either buy stuff at sams club or with my visa card.
post #206 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

THey offered me the extended warrantee also and I told the woman at the register that I would be happy to if they would put in writing that they would replace the remote if it got chewed by a dog as that is the most likely thing I would have happen for me and she just laughed.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman

Do you want a nice Keystone Jack panel behind your TV with HDMI, and Toslink? Check This Thread at AVS
post #207 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM

How long does it take to charge the battery on this remote? To tell it is fully charged do you look to see if the small battery in the corner is full green or the large battery in the center? Or will the large battery in the middle indicating it is charging go away when it if fully charged. Do not want to take it off too soon since some of these batteries have a memory and doing this will shorten battery life.
Also when I press a button the screen comes on for a few secs and then goes out I am assuming this is normal. When I first put the battery in a screen saver of sorts came on showing a remote spining and then went off I am hoping this is normal too due to low battery charge as well. After spending $275 I am holding my breath all is ok.. Thanks for any feedback to ease my mind while it charges (LOL)
post #208 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

How long does it take to charge the battery on this remote? To tell it is fully charged do you look to see if the small battery in the corner is full green or the large battery in the center?

The small battery in the corner tells you the current status.

I think mine charged in about an hour. I can't be sure exactly, I didn't check it every five minutes.
post #209 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

..Also when I press a button the screen comes on for a few secs and then goes out I am assuming this is normal....

That's normal. The screen shuts off after a set amount of time to save battery life.

Go to
My Remote Settings --> Settings
and you can adjust the glow timing to shut off the screen in 5,10,15, or 20 seconds.
post #210 of 11343 Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:

The small battery in the corner tells you the current status.

I think mine charged in about an hour. I can't be sure exactly, I didn't check it every five minutes.

It has been about 5 hours and the small battery is almost full. Mine must have been almost dead (LOL) I hope nothing is wrong..
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page