Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #2641 of 11305 Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Also remember to tell her to keep the remote pointed at your setup until all components are on, and properly working. There are delays as each device is turned on and set to its proper input or whatever. These delay settings can be tweaked to get everything working more smoothly. You can also call Logitech support, they are excellent.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Take the device out of all other Activities or choose leave device on when leaving the Activity. You need to take the time to learn the software better.

wow thanks. quite helpful. i'll set about studying the software asap. it's not in any activity, other than it's own, and it's set to stay on all the time in the remote.

i think there's just something funky with the a/c's remote commands, or logitech's interpretation of them. i matched the exact model number with what's in logitech's database, and it shows extra i/r commands which are not present on the remote and are not recognized by the a/c.

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #2643 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

we have success!

1) changed number of repeats from 1 to 0. favorites transmitted a little faster.

2) changed inter-device delay from 10000 to 0. favorites ZOOMED across the room!

kudos to gary and to beerstalker... thanks...

as long as i'm being greedy...

i sure wish "prevchannel" would work with the channel number padded... then favorites would change real quickly... you still have to wait for it to recogize that you aren't putting in the 4th digit before the channel change actually occurs...

WHOO HOO! Now thats what I'm talking about. Thanks, my favs were so slow but now they fly. I appreciate it.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #2644 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

go to devices...
select "settings" for your box...
clck "adjust the delays"...
make both "inter-key delay" and "inter-device" delay be 0... "inter-device" is right below "inter-key"...

that should do it...

I just tried these changes on my DirecTV HR-700. The difference in speed is astounding.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
You get to choose any two.
post #2645 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

wow thanks. quite helpful. i'll set about studying the software asap. it's not in any activity, other than it's own, and it's set to stay on all the time in the remote.

i think there's just something funky with the a/c's remote commands, or logitech's interpretation of them. i matched the exact model number with what's in logitech's database, and it shows extra i/r commands which are not present on the remote and are not recognized by the a/c.

Try completely deleting the A/C device and activity from your remote, and then running whatever activity is causing you problems.

One of your TV/receiver/other device commands may be really similar to the power command for your A/C, and it might be causing it to turn on and off. I have a similar problem where the remote signals for my Lutron Maestro light dimmer are very similar to the Video 1 input signal on my receiver. So any time I turn my lights on or off it causes my receiver to change to the video 1 input.

If this is your problem you will need to track down which command is causing the issue and see if you can get by without using that command in your activity. Otherwise you will probably need a different A/C unit.
post #2646 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
burt and judge... thanks, although i can only take the credit for trying things out and posting the results... the other guys came up with the answers...

make sure to do the part about sending an "enter/select" after the numbers if it doesn't change right away...

edit: also make sure to check the number of repeats and try it at 0...

i did a little experimenting with other devices... most of all of them (as someone noted) will work just fine with zero or minimal delay... not only does that make everything faster, but it also cuts down significantly on "failure rate", since the remote doesn't have to remained aimed correctly nearly as long... that might also help the guy who has the significant other that struggles with the remote...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #2647 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

Try completely deleting the A/C device and activity from your remote, and then running whatever activity is causing you problems.

One of your TV/receiver/other device commands may be really similar to the power command for your A/C, and it might be causing it to turn on and off. I have a similar problem where the remote signals for my Lutron Maestro light dimmer are very similar to the Video 1 input signal on my receiver. So any time I turn my lights on or off it causes my receiver to change to the video 1 input.

If this is your problem you will need to track down which command is causing the issue and see if you can get by without using that command in your activity. Otherwise you will probably need a different A/C unit.

yep, that's exactly what's happening. i deleted the a/c completely from the harmony and reran my normal activities. the a/c turned on

oh well. it wasn't an absolute necessity to have remote control anyway, and a small piece of electrical tape over the a/c's ir port solved the problem. thanks.

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #2648 of 11305 Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Glad you figured out that was the issue and not your remote programming. Sucks that is the case though. Try to narrow down what command it is that causes the issue. You might be able to work around it. If it's something like the volume command though you are pretty much screwed.
post #2649 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
How to I change the delay time from the time my pj turns on and then switches inputs? I was looking at the software and there are like 4 boxes to change and I dont know which one.
post #2650 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor99999 View Post

My wife hates the Harmony One because it never works for her. I have an activity for watching tv, which just turns on the Onkyo 705 AVR and the Toshiba 52xv540 on, and turns the AVR to cbl/sat and the TV to HDMI 1. However, for some reason when she does it, sometimes only one thing powers on while the other doesn't. Sometimes the TV does turn on, but switches to Input 1 and not HDMI 1.

I just got the Nyko Wireless IR remote so that I could also use the Harmony One to control my PS3, but that doesn't work either.

Where is a good faq, troubleshooting page I can go to, to see if I can fix my problems, or this remote is going into the trash. I hate when I am working or out of town and my wife is calling because she can't watch any TV.

This control was supposed to make things easier.

bytor99999

Try changing the order that the devices are powered on in. I had a similar issue where my FIOS DVR wasn't turning on, just the TV and Receiver where the order was TV, DVR, Receiver. I swapped the order to be DVR, TV, Receiver and it fixed it. Also play with the delays as well.
post #2651 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does anyone know how long it normally takes Logitech to add new devices to their database? I just bought a brand new receiver and it's not listed. Is there someplace I can go to speed this process along?
post #2652 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordredKLB View Post

Does anyone know how long it normally takes Logitech to add new devices to their database? I just bought a brand new receiver and it's not listed. Is there someplace I can go to speed this process along?

Try last years model. They sometimes work.
post #2653 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post

Try last years model. They sometimes work.

I already did and it works, but I'd like to one that matches exactly due to some features being slightly different between the two models.
post #2654 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 84
You could always learn the missing codes you need in the meantime. Pretty easy to do.
post #2655 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Weldy View Post

How to I change the delay time from the time my pj turns on and then switches inputs? I was looking at the software and there are like 4 boxes to change and I dont know which one.

Check out this thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ht=880+library
post #2656 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

You could always learn the missing codes you need in the meantime. Pretty easy to do.

And I will. And I'll delete the codes that don't work. I know you guys are trying to help, but I didn't need a workaround, I just wanted to know how long it normally took and if there was a way to speed that along. Just say "I don't know" if you don't know
post #2657 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Yes there is a way to speed it along. You can find out how in the thread for the brand new Denon AVR-1909.
post #2658 of 11305 Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordredKLB View Post

And I will. And I'll delete the codes that don't work. I know you guys are trying to help, but I didn't need a workaround, I just wanted to know how long it normally took and if there was a way to speed that along. Just say "I don't know" if you don't know

Telephone Logitech.
post #2659 of 11305 Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM

I am in the process to switching to a directv setup. I used to plug the TV into the cable box outlet because when turned off, it still made a weird high pitched noise. Essentially having the cable box "unplug" it solved the problem. Directv boxes do not have such a noutlet, so I devised a way that I could use my receiver's switched outlet to turn the tv on and off. The problem is now that the timing is off for setting the input on my old Toshiba 50hdx82 RPTV. I think it's because the receiver takes longer to switch the tv on. Even putting the receiver at the first position for turning it on and the TV at the last doesn't solve it. What I'm trying to do is delay the remote sending of the separate input key so that it actually picks it up. Does setting the power on delay do anything if the tv is checked as "always set to on?"
post #2660 of 11305 Old 08-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtisovec View Post

Does setting the power on delay do anything if the tv is checked as "always set to on?"

No. Not for the TV anyway
post #2661 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtisovec View Post

I am in the process to switching to a directv setup. I used to plug the TV into the cable box outlet because when turned off, it still made a weird high pitched noise. Essentially having the cable box "unplug" it solved the problem. Directv boxes do not have such a noutlet, so I devised a way that I could use my receiver's switched outlet to turn the tv on and off. The problem is now that the timing is off for setting the input on my old Toshiba 50hdx82 RPTV. I think it's because the receiver takes longer to switch the tv on. Even putting the receiver at the first position for turning it on and the TV at the last doesn't solve it. What I'm trying to do is delay the remote sending of the separate input key so that it actually picks it up. Does setting the power on delay do anything if the tv is checked as "always set to on?"

No, but what you can do is go ahead and set the TV power settings up, but when it asks you for the command, use something harmless instead of the power command. As an example, my tv commands from harmony had an input8; but my tv only has 7. So when I send this command nothing happens. I'm sure you have something just as harmless to use.

After you've done that, then the power on delay will work the way you want it.
post #2662 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM

Harmony has screwed up input codes for Mitsubishi wd-65735/6. If you hit input 2 it actually goes to input 3. Since the Mitsu remote doesn't have individual input buttons, there is no way for me to program the remote via the learn function. Any thoughts on what I can do?
post #2663 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccol View Post

Harmony has screwed up input codes for Mitsubishi wd-65735/6. If you hit input 2 it actually goes to input 3. Since the Mitsu remote doesn't have individual input buttons, there is no way for me to program the remote via the learn function. Any thoughts on what I can do?

is there a command for the mits that "rotates" through your inputs? if so, set something up that issues it enough times to get from input 3 to input 2...

dunno if harmony will fix it if you tell them about it, it's worth sending them an email...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #2664 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Or use input 3 on the TV--assuming it's available?

Dave

post #2665 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 01:49 PM

Input 3 does not support component cables, so I am stuck. I have had no sucees with trying to program a macro to get to Input2.
post #2666 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Input 3 does not support component cables, so I am stuck. I have had no sucees with trying to program a macro to get to Input2.

Ahh..too bad.

How do you get to input 3 with the Mits remote?

Dave

post #2667 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 03:30 PM

You hit the input button and then use the arrows keys to move the cursor and then click select when you are on the correct input.

I have this somewhat working now, but it is flaky.
post #2668 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM

Just picked up a opened box "One" at my local BB for $175
And all I could tell the first person had done was peal off the screen guard and then put it back on.
Everything in in mint condition. Glad I took the time to drop in their high priced store this time.

Dennis
post #2669 of 11305 Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You hit the input button and then use the arrows keys to move the cursor and then click select when you are on the correct input.

I have this somewhat working now, but it is flaky.

So does it work in device mode?

Dave

post #2670 of 11305 Old 08-21-2008, 05:59 AM

No, the analog inputs do not work properly in device mode. Input2 goes to Input 3 and Input 3 goes to INput 4.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page