Nevo Q50 Owners Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 804 Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The waiting is bad enough but waiting without any communication is not acceptable.
Despite Korey's experience, I'm going to contact UEI. I don't expect much from this company but I'll give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 804 Old 11-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Russell your right waiting is a killer, you don't know if Matt working on the problem or not. There no excuse not to return a call.
post #273 of 804 Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 AM

DAY 46 UPDATE!

I got a PM from a nearby dealer who offered to help with my problems with Home Theater 101. He has gone above and beyond. Thanks Tom!

Tom called UEI and got the name and number of the KC distributor. The distributor gave him Simrell’s secret phone number, not to be disclosed under penalty of death. He talked with Simrell and urged him to come out of hiding (my words) and contact me. He indicated that I would be contacted soon.

That was over four days ago and GUESS WHAT? I haven’t heard a thing!

NOW, IS EVERONE READY FOR THIS?

Instead of doing the right thing and go after this rouge dealer, UEI has offered to sell me a replacement Q50 at a “special price”, just for me. HOW BIZARRE and INSULTING! I think UEI is afraid of its’ own dealers. It seems they would rather let the customer get screwed than upset one of their dealers.

I realize that my business is chump change compared with a home theater installation. However, time and again Simrell has offered his services, as a Nevo Authorized Dealer, to end-users, DIYers, or anyone who needs help. He has posted this on more than one forum. What he forgets to say is that after-the-sale support is non-existent.

It turns out that dealing with him is another story. You end up with little more than broken promise after broken promise. If you press him for some action, he goes into hiding, apparently to punish you for complaining. This is not the kind of person I want to do business with.
post #274 of 804 Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Russ, and everyone else who I owe appologies to. I am sorry. Russ to you expressly, I will ship your remote on Monday of next week. I will email your tracking number as soon as it is available.

If you would like an explanation, I have only an excuse. I have lost a loved one who meant everything in the world to me. Losing my business is nothing compared to that. Over the last several months I have watched the person who I care about more than life itself wither and die. I have lost business that has caused financial burdons I would wish on no one. If you call home theater 101 today, there will be no returned calls because I have no staff as I could not afford to pay them for their services to me. These were good people who worked for me to support their families. They now do not have jobs and are too facing financial difficulties. This was all caused by me being selfish and neglecting everything in life to spend every moment I had to watch the most painful expierence I will ever endure take place as the person I love passed.

Your remote will be sent out on monday, if I cannot locate it I will send you mine.

If you want an excuse for the lack of contact. I honestly just didn't care about anything and I'm not sure if I will ever be able to care again.

I appologize.

But I so you all know I do feel bad about not updating you to my situation. Russ I am sure that you would have understood had I taken the time to call. I am not looking for sympathy or forgiveness, I'm only here to attempt to make things right. I am not publicly appologizing to try to "redeem" myself and become "the dealer to the DIYer." I am done with home theater because there is a seat in my theater that will never again be filled. I have one last theater to build if my client will allow me to complete his theater and after that... I'm done. I will close my door to the world of home theater.

I don't care if you accept my appology or not. I will make right my wrongs, and simply move on.
post #275 of 804 Old 11-29-2008, 08:47 PM

Today I purchased a new Nevo Q50 remote from an AUTHORIZED dealer (thank goodness)! I got it home, put it on the charger and noticed that the lcd display was "wigging out." I let it charge for a while thinking that it may be a power issue, but the longer it charged, the worse the screen got until it was completely unreadable. Of course, in the meantime, I set out to start working out the configuration in the StudioPro program. After no success with the remote's screen, I took it back to my dealer and exchanged it. This time he powered up the new one for me before I left the store, just to make sure it was good. I got home, powered it up and was entering the current date and time when the screen blanked out. I put it on the charger for 4 hours. I picked it up, tapped the screen and on it came... for about 20 seconds. Then the screen blanked out, although the backlighting on the screen and keys remained on. I could not get the screen to come back on. If I let it sit for about 30-40 minutes, I can get the screen to come back on, but again for only about 20-30 seconds and then kaput!

Any ideas? Is this thing just a big expensive piece of junk?

AramB
post #276 of 804 Old 11-30-2008, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramb View Post

Today I purchased a new Nevo Q50 remote from an AUTHORIZED dealer (thank goodness)! I got it home, put it on the charger and noticed that the lcd display was "wigging out." I let it charge for a while thinking that it may be a power issue, but the longer it charged, the worse the screen got until it was completely unreadable. Of course, in the meantime, I set out to start working out the configuration in the StudioPro program. After no success with the remote's screen, I took it back to my dealer and exchanged it. This time he powered up the new one for me before I left the store, just to make sure it was good. I got home, powered it up and was entering the current date and time when the screen blanked out. I put it on the charger for 4 hours. I picked it up, tapped the screen and on it came... for about 20 seconds. Then the screen blanked out, although the backlighting on the screen and keys remained on. I could not get the screen to come back on. If I let it sit for about 30-40 minutes, I can get the screen to come back on, but again for only about 20-30 seconds and then kaput!

Any ideas? Is this thing just a big expensive piece of junk?

AramB

No, they're not junk. Did you follow the directions for the initial charge? And for the the proper position of the side switch?
post #277 of 804 Old 11-30-2008, 07:18 AM

Yes... I did follow the instructions for the initial charge, which stated 3-4 hours. However, I decided to go ahead and let it go for the evening and let it get a solid 10 hours on the charger. Now things seem to be working normal. I hope that was what caused the initial screen problems.

AramB
post #278 of 804 Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 AM

I was a bit too hasty... After working with the unit for about 20 minutes, the screen fritzed out again. I guess it is back to the dealer, again!!!
post #279 of 804 Old 12-01-2008, 03:38 PM

Day 60 Update. Which Monday did you say?

First: I now understand part of the cause of my problems with Matt and he has my fullest sympathy. Matt has gone through a terrible personal experience and this resulted in the shutdown of his business.

Next: If anyone doubted the validity of my earlier complaints, read the last Thew750 post again and look at the results:

“Monday of next week” was a week ago! I have no tracking number, no remote, and no explanation! UPS Ground is 2 days from KC to here!

This has been his MO since I first contacted him last April. HE HAS NEVER, EVER, DONE WHAT HE TOLD ME HE WOULD DO. NEVER! The only successful transactions have been when I dealt directly with his office manager.

In any case, it looks as if the best I can hope for is the return of my broken remote or the substitution of a used one. Some warranty service!

Last: I don’t know if UEI intervened or not. But, it amazes me that they don’t just end all this and send me a replacement remote. Maybe that is too big a decision for a VP to make?

I’ll keep you posted,
Russ

P.S. I’m sure some members are tired of seeing posts on this subject. Believe me, so am I.
post #280 of 804 Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell GR View Post

Day 60 Update. Which Monday did you say?

First: I now understand part of the cause of my problems with Matt and he has my fullest sympathy. Matt has gone through a terrible personal experience and this resulted in the shutdown of his business.

Next: If anyone doubted the validity of my earlier complaints, read the last Thew750 post (Q50 on AVS Forum) again and look at the results:

Monday of next week was a week ago! I have no tracking number, no remote, and no explanation! UPS Ground is 2 days from KC to here!

This has been his MO since I first contacted him last April. HE HAS NEVER, EVER, DONE WHAT HE TOLD ME HE WOULD DO. NEVER! The only successful transactions have been when I dealt directly with his office manager.

In any case, it looks as if the best I can hope for is the return of my broken remote or the substitution of a used one. Some warranty service!

Last: I don't know if UEI intervened or not. But, it amazes me that they don't just end all this and send me a replacement remote. Maybe that is too big a decision for a VP to make?

I'll keep you posted,
Russ

P.S. I'm sure some members are tired of seeing posts on this subject. Believe me, so am I.

No, nobody is tired of it. We're all in this together...that's why we come here.

If the personal loss is true, Matt has my sympathies as well. But he is an adult who chose to take on the responsibilities of going into business for himself. Part of that includes responsibly shutting down the business if and when that becomes necessary.

I would collect all these communications from Matt and take them directly to Nevo/UEI. It is ultimately their legal responsibility to cover your warranty, so be sure to include a copy of that as well. As a dealer, he is their representative and he has failed to act according to the warranty they have with you (and he has effectively stolen your remote). Pester them incessantly, and let them know you are willing to pursue legal action to compel them to live up to their warranty agreement.

It's time to dump Matt completely, and get serious with Nevo about this.
post #281 of 804 Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 PM

Despite some initial glitches with defective units, I finally got my Q50 programming satisfactorily completed and it really is nice the way it simplifies the operation of my home theater system. This remote is far superior to the MX-800 that it replaced. The NevoConnect is also much more reliable than the MRF base that I had with the MX-800.

AramB
post #282 of 804 Old 12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramb View Post

Despite some initial glitches with defective units, I finally got my Q50 programming satisfactorily completed and it really is nice the way it simplifies the operation of my home theater system. This remote is far superior to the MX-800 that it replaced. The NevoConnect is also much more reliable than the MRF base that I had with the MX-800.

AramB

What about that screen problem? Working okay now, I take it?
post #283 of 804 Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM

No... the screen still freaks out after using the remote for about 5-10 minutes. I then have to let it sit for about 5 minutes and then it will work again for a few minutes. My dealer has no more in stock, but has them on order and will swap it out for me as soon as he gets replacements. I can make do in the meantime.

AramB
post #284 of 804 Old 12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

That's a weird one. I've never heard of that particular problem.
post #285 of 804 Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM

Just ordered my Q50 and should be here tomorrow or Monday!!! Cant wait.
post #286 of 804 Old 12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA INFERNO View Post

Just ordered my Q50 and should be here tomorrow or Monday!!! Cant wait.

Congrats! Be sure to register as a dealer/installer so you'll have full access to the Nevo online resources.
post #287 of 804 Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog View Post

Congrats! Be sure to register as a dealer/installer so you'll have full access to the Nevo online resources.

Thank you, is this easy to do? Any info I need to know before I register?
post #288 of 804 Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you, is this easy to do? Any info I need to know before I register?

No, it's easy. When you install the software, you have the usual "Register Now" thing. You select your installation status as, I think, dealer, installer, or consumer. Just select one of the first two.

Also, the registration ends with a notice that you'll be getting a confirmation email. Don't panic if it doesn't come. I never got one and my software works fine, including full access to the online resources.
post #289 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 AM

FYI - The new Studio Pro 2.0 is on the web site, I down loaded it last night and watched the "How to video"
post #290 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:

FYI - The new Studio Pro 2.0 is on the web site, I down loaded it last night and watched the "How to video"

keep in mind that is a test version and not the final product.
post #291 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duct Tape View Post

keep in mind that is a test version and not the final product.

Yes, important point.
post #292 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 05:35 PM

What is differnt about studio pro 2.0? Is this the magic 3rd party Z-wave update? Can someone list the differences? Thanks...
post #293 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4christ78 View Post

What is differnt about studio pro 2.0? Is this the magic 3rd party Z-wave update? Can someone list the differences? Thanks...

As stated previously, the currently-available iteration is still a beta version. And it was literally just released, so I doubt if anyone has had a chance to compare to the extent you're asking for. The big things appear to be 2-way serial communication for select devices (Escient, Russound, iPort, Lutron), and z-wave.
post #294 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If this is the z-wave implementation, I think that this may be the remote for me. One problem, I put in the website for someone to contact me and nothing for a couple of months. I am in Alaska so I think that there are no dealers.

I do like to program things myself and I think I am up for it. I have been neck deep in this kind of stuff for years in the govt but have since retired.

I am worried about the defect rate mentioned above without a local dealer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin
post #295 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoKevin View Post

If this is the z-wave implementation, I think that this may be the remote for me. One problem, I put in the website for someone to contact me and nothing for a couple of months. I am in Alaska so I think that there are no dealers.

I do like to program things myself and I think I am up for it. I have been neck deep in this kind of stuff for years in the govt but have since retired.

I am worried about the defect rate mentioned above without a local dealer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin

P.M. sent
post #296 of 804 Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 PM

I also tried to get someone to contact me in regards to this remote via the website but as of yet no one has called or emailed! I probably didn’t sound rich or stupid so maybe they are not wasting their time?
post #297 of 804 Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4christ78 View Post

I also tried to get someone to contact me in regards to this remote via the website but as of yet no one has called or emailed! I probably didn't sound rich or stupid so maybe they are not wasting their time?

As great as the Nevo remotes are, and I do highly recommend them, the company itself- its weak dealer and support network, its complete and utter avoidance of contact with actual customers- leaves an awful lot to be desired. I would not bother trying to contact them for anything.

If you want a Nevo remote, you may have (up to) three choices:

1. Find an authorized dealer who will sell you one with full programming.
2. Find an authorized dealer who will sell you one you can program yourself.
3. Buy one from a source like eBay with the understanding that you choose to forgo customer and warranty support.

Notice how Nevo the company is not in the loop anywhere.
post #298 of 804 Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Just got devices(5) loaded into my new Q50, added a couple of simple marcros, tried to download and got message that configuration was too large to download. Any ideas as to how I could already busted through capacity?
post #299 of 804 Old 12-11-2008, 03:36 PM

How much does it use (bottom right of NevoStudio Pro screen)? You should have about 16M to work with...
post #300 of 804 Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post

Just got devices(5) loaded into my new Q50, added a couple of simple marcros, tried to download and got message that configuration was too large to download. Any ideas as to how I could already busted through capacity?

this just came up the other day on remote central. the fix was to do a hard reset on the remote.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...thread.cgi?816

post number 8
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page