AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post

Got it all done!

The only caveat is that once the contact is closed via the tilt switch the first button press has to be done twice, must be that the backlight button is being held down via the tilt switch. sucks but is better than no motion sensor, I am already used to it.

My home button is not programmed to do anything, if yours is then yes it would obviously return to the home screen, or wherever or execute whatever action or jump you have programmed to it.

Forgot the cable for the camera at work, so pictures will follow tomorrow.

I guess I'm missing the advantage of this modification. Wasn't the problem that you had to press a button to activate the backlight, rather than just having it come on automatically with movement? After your mod, you have to press your first button twice anyway, so what's the real difference (other than probably voiding your warranty)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 804 Old 04-10-2008, 04:38 PM

Liked: 13
New updates are available for both StudioPro and Q50 firmware. Not much new. Still doesn't enable the Jog wheel.

--Dan
post #93 of 804 Old 04-10-2008, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnjp1 View Post

New updates are available for both StudioPro and Q50 firmware. Not much new. Still doesn't enable the Jog wheel.

--Dan

Any idea what is new? Do you have to look for firmware updates on your own, or does StudioPro notify you when there's something new?
post #94 of 804 Old 04-11-2008, 04:28 AM

Liked: 10
From Nevo Website:

"NevoStudio Pro 1.1 includes all of the current features of NevoStudio Pro 1.0:

Drag and drop simplicity
Easy to use wizards
Automatic image resizing, no photo editing software required
SuperFast Device Swap which allows you to replace one device with another on every button and in every macro with just a few mouse clicks
Ability to program multiple NevoQ50 Controllers and NevoConnect NC-50 base stations in a single application
Plus these new enhanced features:

Enhanced serial device support, specifically:
Ability to import all the functions and associated command strings for a given device with a single click
Repeatable serial commands
Enhanced copy paste of page collections between configurations in a single Job file
Updated IR database to include all the latest code sets
Sample files are now located in "MyDocuments/NevoStudioPro/Sample" in NevoStudio Pro 1.1
How do I get NevoStudio Pro 1.1?"

I believe you can configure the program to check for updates automatically, but I am not sure if updating the program includes checking for new firmware or not.
post #95 of 804 Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the info, DTrain.
post #96 of 804 Old 04-12-2008, 07:27 PM

Liked: 13
I just noticed that the Jog wheel switches screens within a group the same way the navigation arrows at the bottom of the screen do. Did it do this before, or is this something new in the latest firmware?

--Dan
post #97 of 804 Old 04-12-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog View Post

I guess I'm missing the advantage of this modification. Wasn't the problem that you had to press a button to activate the backlight, rather than just having it come on automatically with movement? After your mod, you have to press your first button twice anyway, so what's the real difference (other than probably voiding your warranty)?

Unfortunately the mod did not work out as well as it did on my TSU1000. The fact that the contact that was held closed instead of momentary was the issue, I tried a bunch of caps and drain resistors, but no luck. If anyone knows where on the pcb to find a contact for just activation the backlight..

Some Picts:

http://homepage.mac.com/korey.sherwi...otoAlbum7.html

Anyway, gave her a shot...

Also, I just submitted my system file to RemoteCentral, Pioneer PDP Plasma RS232 codes included. Lets get that Q50 file area online..

--
Korey
post #98 of 804 Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post

Unfortunately the mod did not work out as well as it did on my TSU1000. The fact that the contact that was held closed instead of momentary was the issue, I tried a bunch of caps and drain resistors, but no luck. If anyone knows where on the pcb to find a contact for just activation the backlight..

Well, you still get extra stars for bravery. Are you going to keep trying, or do you think it's not doable on the Q50?

Quote:

Also, I just submitted my system file to RemoteCentral, Pioneer PDP Plasma RS232 codes included. Lets get that Q50 file area online..

Yes, by all means...!
post #99 of 804 Old 04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Question #1
Does anyone have Nevo StudioPro running on a Vista 64-bit machine? I had a previous version running on this machine, but when I try to install a download of the new 1.1, I get a message that it "does not support this processor type." It installed fine on my desktop running 32-bit Vista. But my laptop is my primary computer and it's much more convenient to have it on here. Does anybody know of a workaround?

Question #2
Also, when I registered NSP, everything went smoothly and the registration ended with one of those messages about how I would need to respond to the confirmation email from Nevo within 72 hrs to "continue using" the program's features. That was about 48 hrs ago and I've received no email from them at all. The registration apparently went through (after ~18 hrs), as I was eventually able to log on to the support pages at mynevo.com and NSP appears to be fully functional. I'm concerned that I might get locked out or something if I don't respond to this non-existent email. Can anyone clarify how this works? Is there an email coming? Does it matter?
post #100 of 804 Old 04-15-2008, 01:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Question #2
Also, when I registered NSP, everything went smoothly and the registration ended with one of those messages about how I would need to respond to the confirmation email from Nevo within 72 hrs to "continue using" the program's features.
I'm concerned that I might get locked out or something if I don't respond to this non-existent email. Can anyone clarify how this works? Is there an email coming? Does it matter?

I really need some help here, as the 72 hrs have passed and it does indeed appear that I have been locked out of the support pages on mynevo.com. I put in my info and it now says "Wrong username or password" in red. I haven't tried using NevoStudioPro tonight, but my guess is that the online features have been disabled.

But I never received the email after registering.

Did anybody else run into this? Without being able to log on, I can't even get to a contact page to find an email address or phone number for support. Any suggestions or help appreciated.
post #101 of 804 Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:

I really need some help here, as the 72 hrs have passed and it does indeed appear that I have been locked out of the support pages on mynevo.com. I put in my info and it now says "Wrong username or password" in red. I haven't tried using NevoStudioPro tonight, but my guess is that the online features have been disabled.

But I never received the email after registering.

Did anybody else run into this? Without being able to log on, I can't even get to a contact page to find an email address or phone number for support. Any suggestions or help appreciated.

I thought i'm the only one, it seem like you are experiencing it too. I tried to login last night and this morning, it give me the same result like you do.

Maybe their server is down or Nevo tech filter out those "unauthorized installer" login?
Any "Authorize" installer/dealer experiencing this today?
post #102 of 804 Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizee View Post

I thought i'm the only one, it seem like you are experiencing it too. I tried to login last night and this morning, it give me the same result like you do.

Maybe their server is down or Nevo tech filter out those "unauthorized installer" login?
Any "Authorize" installer/dealer experiencing this today?

Hmmm.... i just try again a min ago, and it's works fine now. I suppose the "Server" was down earlier.
post #103 of 804 Old 04-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Same thing happened to me...I registered last week, never received my confirmation email, then panic set in when I couldn't log in last night...all seems well now, as was said before it must have been a server issue.
post #104 of 804 Old 04-15-2008, 08:34 PM

I will be buying 2 Nevo Q50 and NevoConnect systems and have some questions as it is hard to find info around the net:

- can I operate two Nevo systems under one roof (for two separate theaters)?

- will the programming software run on a Mac computer?

- what is the warranty?

- do I have to be an authorized dealer to set one up?

thanks for any info.

post #105 of 804 Old 04-16-2008, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberlin1 View Post

I will be buying 2 Nevo Q50 and NevoConnect systems and have some questions as it is hard to find info around the net:

- can I operate two Nevo systems under one roof (for two separate theaters)?

- what is the warranty?

- do I have to be an authorized dealer to set one up?

thanks for any info.

Yes, you can operate as many as you want under one roof, and you only put the commands you want into each one. You could do two separate configurations, one for each HT, or you could do one configuration that allows you to select which room/zone/whatever you want from either remote.

Nevo states that NevoStudioPro was developed for Vista/XP machines and is not available for Mac OS or Linux. If you scroll back in this thread (I think that's where I saw it), I believe there are users who've gotten it to run in some sort of Windows emulator on Macs.

I actually don't know what the warranty is- haven't seen any mention of it on the forums or in the documentation. Hopefully someone else knows.

No, you don't have to be an authorized dealer, but you register as an installer so as to have access to updates and the online programming resources.
post #106 of 804 Old 04-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Yes, you can operate as many as you want under one roof, and you only put the commands you want into each one. You could do two separate configurations, one for each HT, or you could do one configuration that allows you to select which room/zone/whatever you want from either remote.

Nevo states that NevoStudioPro was developed for Vista/XP machines and is not available for Mac OS or Linux. If you scroll back in this thread (I think that's where I saw it), I believe there are users who've gotten it to run in some sort of Windows emulator on Macs.

I actually don't know what the warranty is- haven't seen any mention of it on the forums or in the documentation. Hopefully someone else knows.

No, you don't have to be an authorized dealer, but you register as an installer so as to have access to updates and the online programming resources.

Thank you progprog. Guess my concern was that each theater has some of the same gear in it...so if one Q50 sends a command to the blu ray player via the NC-50 in theater 1...the NC-50 in theater 2 would also pickup the command and send it to the BR player. Yes, (un)fortunately I cannot run Windows on Mac....will look into a laptop. thanks again!

post #107 of 804 Old 04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you progprog. Guess my concern was that each theater has some of the same gear in it...so if one Q50 sends a command to the blu ray player via the NC-50 in theater 1...the NC-50 in theater 2 would also pickup the command and send it to the BR player. Yes, (un)fortunately I cannot run Windows on Mac....will look into a laptop. thanks again!

If you read back through this thread, one complaint about tthe Q50/NC-50 system is rather limited range. So I doubt that you'd run into a problem with commands getting picked in another part of the house.
post #108 of 804 Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 PM

I'm new to the Nevo Connect.
Will any port on the back of Nevo Connect able to accept 12V trigger as a sensor?
I'm thinking of building some sensor but will trigger a 12Volts by a relay (by adapter/relay) when it receive a signal? I'm thinking of pluging it into one of the port.
Will this work?
post #109 of 804 Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm new to the Nevo Connect.
Will any port on the back of Nevo Connect able to accept 12V trigger as a sensor?
I'm thinking of building some sensor but will trigger a 12Volts by a relay (by adapter/relay) when it receive a signal? I'm thinking of pluging it into one of the port.
Will this work?

Those are multi-purpose ports and Nevo does make "voltage-sensors" to use with them. Whether that means a connection to the 12V triggers, I don't know. Your description is a little unclear to me. (In any event, I'd make sure that you know your plan will work, as the Nevo warranty seems to go out of its way to limit coverage.)
post #110 of 804 Old 04-18-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:

Those are multi-purpose ports and Nevo does make "voltage-sensors" to use with them. Whether that means a connection to the 12V triggers, I don't know. Your description is a little unclear to me. (In any event, I'd make sure that you know your plan will work, as the Nevo warranty seems to go out of its way to limit coverage.)

thanks for the reply progprog.
What i'm trying to do is using a voltage sensor (from car audio equipment - cheaper alternative). When this sensor sense a voltage/video/audio it will trigger a +12volts (reference to gnd) on another pin. I like to use that +12Volts pin (with Gnd) and connect it to NevoConnect port.
The better way to explain is, most Receiver have an "12V Output/Input Trigger" behind it. It will tell the receiver to turn on when receive a signal 12V trigger or once the receiver is on, it will output a 12V to trigger something else to turn on.
So, will the NevoConnect behave this way? Will it accept 12-Volts/0-volts power as a sensor on the back?
post #111 of 804 Old 04-18-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:

thanks for the reply progprog.
What i'm trying to do is using a voltage sensor (from car audio equipment - cheaper alternative). When this sensor sense a voltage/video/audio it will trigger a +12volts (reference to gnd) on another pin. I like to use that +12Volts pin (with Gnd) and connect it to NevoConnect port.
The better way to explain is, most Receiver have an "12V Output/Input Trigger" behind it. It will tell the receiver to turn on when receive a signal 12V trigger or once the receiver is on, it will output a 12V to trigger something else to turn on.
So, will the NevoConnect behave this way? Will it accept 12-Volts/0-volts power as a sensor on the back?

Just found out for myself that you need Nevo Voltage/Power sensor to detect the voltage trigger that i have and then send a different signal to the Nevo Connect.
post #112 of 804 Old 04-27-2008, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I've tried importing Pronto device configuration files into NevoStudioPro, but I always get a message that the conversion failed. Is there something basic that I'm missing? I download the device file, usually from remotecentral, then try to import that file using the import option on NSP's file menu.

Any thoughts?
post #113 of 804 Old 04-28-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:

I've tried importing Pronto device configuration files into NevoStudioPro, but I always get a message that the conversion failed. Is there something basic that I'm missing? I download the device file, usually from remotecentral, then try to import that file using the import option on NSP's file menu.

Any thoughts?

You have to use the "convert external configuration" option to import ccf/pcf files.
post #114 of 804 Old 04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake NYC View Post

You have to use the "convert external configuration" option to import ccf/pcf files.

Yes, I know. Its' pretty self-explanatory in the menu that that's how it's done. I'm just saying that I get a message after it tries that the conversion failed.
post #115 of 804 Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:

they can be programmed with macs, however you will need an Intel machine and set windows up in BootCamp to be able to download the file to the remote.
Unfortunately the Q50 wont communicate with the software when using virtulisation software like Fusion or Parallels, which the older NevoSL could.
However you can still do the programming in Fusion/Paralles, save the config, then restart into bootcamp to download to the remote.
This is how i program them and it works very well, as i can still use mac OS at the same time
post #116 of 804 Old 05-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:

they can be programmed with macs, however you will need an Intel machine and set windows up in BootCamp to be able to download the file to the remote.
Unfortunately the Q50 wont communicate with the software when using virtulisation software like Fusion or Parallels, which the older NevoSL could.
However you can still do the programming in Fusion/Paralles, save the config, then restart into bootcamp to download to the remote.
This is how i program them and it works very well, as i can still use mac OS at the same time

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I do not have an Intel Mac. Think I might pickup a laptop on Craigslist or something. Thanks again.

On another note, is anyone using the RS232 optional connectivity with their Connect system? All 4 of the devices I will have the Q50 controlling have RS232 so I was thinking of going that route using Nevo's Connect serial cable option. How does serial control compare to going the IR blaster route? Does serial control allow for on/off detection for flawless macro activity? Is it more difficult to program than IR codes? Does the Nevo Studio software have a good RS232 code database?

I was finally able to read back through this entire topic...lots of needed info..thanks for your patience in your responses proprog ( ;

post #117 of 804 Old 05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I do not have an Intel Mac. Think I might pickup a laptop on Craigslist or something. Thanks again.

On another note, is anyone using the RS232 optional connectivity with their Connect system? All 4 of the devices I will have the Q50 controlling have RS232 so I am going to go that route. I am assuming serial control is the way to go whenever possible...on/off detection for flawless macro activity, no IR woes... Does the NevStudio software have a good RS232 code database?

I've been trying to figure some of this out myself. One thing that I have discovered is that you need the Nevo serial module for each application (as opposed to a third-party RS232 adapter). They run about $70 MSRP, and it sounds like you need four of them.

I'd like to know whether the Nevo database even includes serial commands, as that option in the Add Device Wizard asks for specifics of the protocol rather than taking you to the online database. I've been trying to get more specifics on this approach to see if it has advantages that are worth the trouble and cost. Maybe someone on the forum who has already set up serial devices with the NC-50 can enlighten us both.
post #118 of 804 Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 PM

I updated my prior post for you progprog ( ;

Within a couple weeks I am hopefully going to have the Nevo setup with a few serial cables along with 3 of the 4 RS232 devices in my "lab" and will test there. The devices will specifically be the 60" Pio Elite Kuro, Pio Elite 94, and the Denon 2500BTCI. All offer RS232 control and Pioneer has a very extensive database for their RS232 codes....just hope i do not have to deal with any of it on a micro-programming level as it looks to be a bear. Can we say drag and drop?

The on/off detection can also be handled by the Connects optional video sensor cables. However, you still need an IR blaster along with the video sensor...so two cables for one device...with 4 devices THAT will definitely get pricey ; )

Where can I get MSRP's on their prods?

post #119 of 804 Old 05-03-2008, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Within a couple weeks I am hopefully going to have the Nevo setup with a few serial cables along with 3 of the 4 RS232 devices in my "lab" and will test there. The devices will specifically be the 60" Pio Elite Kuro, Pio Elite 94, and the Denon 2500BTCI. All offer RS232 control and Pioneer has a very extensive database for their RS232 codes....just hope i do not have to deal with any of it on a micro-programming level as it looks to be a bear. Can we say drag and drop?

By all means, report back and let us know how it goes. What advantages do you expect from using serial control versus using the rear panel IR ports?

Quote:

The on/off detection can also be handled by the Connects optional video sensor cables. However, you still need an IR blaster along with the video sensor...so two cables for one device...with 4 devices THAT will definitely get pricey ; )

Those little IR blasters are pretty generic, so they shouldn't add much if any to the cost. (I've accumulated a whole baggy full of those, since they seem to come with every component I've purchased in recent years.) If you have discrete on and off codes, what circumstances arise that require separate on/off detection? I looked at the video sensor but it appears to use an RCA jack (presumably on composite or component). None of my primary video sources are connected this way- so if the TV isn't receiving that signal, and my devices aren't outputting that signal, it seems the video sensor wouldn't really apply, right?

Quote:

MSRPs are available Dave D'Arche at http://www.remotequest.com. I recently saw a remotecentral thread where an installer quoted the prices as $70 each for the video & voltage sensors and serial module, and somewhat less for a 6-pack (I think) of IR blasters.
post #120 of 804 Old 05-04-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:

I updated my prior post for you progprog ( ;

I am using serial control on my Pioneer 5010FD and Anthem D1, Serial is not bidirectional so you have no way of receiving status back from the device. Serial has far more discreet commands and is totally the best way to go.

My q50 file is up on remote central with the Pioneer RS232 codes, I will have the newer version with the D1 RS232 codes soon. The Nevo database has no serial codes from what I have found.

You can get a better price from some of the other dealers out there, they do not charge full MSRP to DIYers, search back in this thread, it will save you a substantial amount on the 4 sensors. Great guy as well!!

As far as IR Blasters go, I use Xantech BLINK-IR MOUSE EMITTERS, they work great and have visual feedback of operation.

--
Korey
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page