Buy a Second PS3 or get an XBox 360 for use as a Media Extender w/ OTA HD, HDHomerun, and PS3 Media Server - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-01-2012, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hopefully that title wasn't enough to scare everyone off! I'd like to get some opinions. I have no idea if this is the right place to put this, but I tried to narrow it down to the appropriate section...

I am cutting the cord and getting rid of cable. I'll be using my Uverse internet wired to the desktop with a HDHomerun Dual. I'll be using Windows Media Center to set up the DVR recording onto my desktop hard drive of all the OTA shows we watch. I'll then use PS3 Media Server to stream files I've recorded, movies I've downloaded, etc. to the PS3 I have in the living room.

I'm going to be another console for the bedroom as a media extender. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a second PS3 or pick up an XBox 360 and have one of each. I like the PS3, am familiar with how everything works, like the BluRay, and think it is all around a better machine. But the Xbox does have ESPN3 (which I realize you have to subscribe to the online service, but that's not really an issue) and I'm a big sports fan. I could also get any games that are exclusive to XBox or a Kinect if I wouldn't one later on. If I don't get the XBox, I think the only way to really watch ESPN on my tv would be to plug my laptop in through the HDMI port and use it instead. Not that big of a deal, but kinda cuts down on one more device.

So... thoughts? If you were in this situation would you get a second PS3 or get an XBox 360 to have one of each?

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page