Hooking up RF, Composite, S-Video to Playstation 3D TV - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Are CRT's good for something
Light Gun Games 0 0%
Nothing 0 0%
Something else (explain in text below) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Home Theater Gaming > Hooking up RF, Composite, S-Video to Playstation 3D TV
tripletopper's Avatar tripletopper 10:54 PM 07-28-2012
Just giving a few pieces of advice and have The cheapest and possibly best 3D gaming TV, the Playstation 3D TV is asking us to keep 2 tv spots, one for the modern games and one for the classics. The PS3 only has component with LR or Toslink and HDMI hookups. Most pro gamers prefer TVs of 20-32 inches 4x3 or 18-28 inches 16x9. Watching everything on a Big Screen TV would wrench your neck. So 24 inches is a sweet spot for gaming.

I found a couple solutions, a $50 device that converts Composite Video to HDMI, and a $230 capture card for OSX with Thunderbolt that takes Composite, S-Video,.Component and HDMI and sends them in with Thunderbolt, and converts t
any of them to any of those 4. So I have options available for everything except Coaxial.

How do I hook up my 2600, 5200, Colecovision, etc. to a PS3DTV. I heard you can hook up the Coax to a VCR. (Not a DVD recorder because there is a delay factor when a DVD is made or even slightly when it's just doing normal video live.) And then plug the Composite video into either composite to HDMI converter. Does that cause too much delay?

Then the last difficult question, how do I hook up my antenna to a PS3DTV. I guess a solution to that is to buy a Cable/satellite hookup with a NTSC/ATSC Coax input, but the question is that will delay a game? But hen agin if you're watching a TV the 1 frame ping time won't mater much. You'll just be done 1/60 second later.

Most games delay wouldn't be noticed, you'd be off by a 60th of a second or less. But Wii games are critical. I have an SD Component, and hoked the Wii to that and separately, a DVD recorder. Straight to the TV the Controller responded the way it should. But plugged through the DVD made it "skate". (Your hand leads the cursor)

How do I know Light gun games don't wrk with a DVD recorder I plugged it in and I was either shooting blanks (on NES), or misaiming. (everything else).

I've got a couple of theories on how to retroactively play old light gun games on modern LD and Plasma TVs. I think I might get a federal government grant if I can sell it as a way to not have 2 TVs plugged in at the same time, one \for old games one for new. If this works, the CRT TV would have NO ADVANTAGE over the LCD screen anymore. Because its only advantage CRT has right now is playing light gun games

Up
Mobile  Desktop