Just bought a PC360 headset, amp or card? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All!

So I was searching around for a good headset to use on my PC since I got some Turttle Beach Z6A headphones and they had great sound but really horrible build quality (under 30 days and they broke).

In my search I was recommended the Sennheiser PC360 and a X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card. I currently have on-board sound: RealtekĀ® ALC892 8-Channel.

In reading a little more I discovered tons of people talking about a headphone amp as a must have. The on-board sound does have optical out and sounds fantastic on my home-theater system, not sure if it's necessary to get the card and then a headphone amp.

Also I can cancel the order, so please let me know if I'm making a mistake going with the PC360 headset. I'm looking for positional sound in FPS shooters and good sound from music.

Thanks in Advance!

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got the pc360 and RealtekĀ® ALC892 8-Channel. It works just fine.

I previously had creative X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard but it broke, and afterwards I haven't really noticed a huge difference in soundquality etc when comparing it to the motherboard soundcard. Oh, and I'm no audiophile so take it with a grain of salt. :P

That being said, due to practically all the reviews claiming that one needs to have an amp for these headphones I yesterday ordered Asus Xonar Essence STX just to ensure I get everything out of these headphones. Figured that while it does cost a lot it's a card that will maintain its value over time and will be worth keeping even after upgrading my computer.

Will reply back when I get the card to tell if it makes any noticeable difference.
Reply Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page