PC connected to Videoprojecters doesn't display full screen, please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

this is my first post here, I hope not to post in a wrong place, as my question is about both PC and videoprojector.
I've recently bought a Mistubishi HC6000 vpr connected to a Yamaha RX-V667 amplifier.
My sources are a DVB-T full HD decoder and my computer I use for gaming and bluray playback.
All links are HDMI 1.3.

The problem is that, while watching TV the full hd resolution 1080p is correctly shown be the projector, when I use my PC as source, the desktop is displayed without some borders.
In other words, I can see only a recduced square without the windows taskbar at the bottom, and the icons near the edge of other 3 sides.
My PC resolution is simpy 1920x1080 60hz and has no other monitor connected. Moreover, if I connect my video card (GeForce GTX-560) only into another display (Samsung 21") the screen/desktop it's displayed without issues or edges missing.
Actually I could only fix the problem by resizing the screen from the Nvidia control panel, but I'm using like a 1700something x 900something resolution and it's not the best way I think.

Have You got any idea about the reson why my projector is having this problem displaying the computer screen?
Do You think it's lilkely more a PC related issue or VPR issue?

Thanks.
Alcccad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds like an underscan/overscan problem. This can be fixed by going back into the nvidia control panel and going under "Display > Adjust desktop size and position > set scaling mode: "no scaling".. Set it to perform scaling on display. On mine I have it set to aspect ratio, but you can set it to either or.
Reply Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page