Anyone have a Samsung UNXXF6400 or Sony KDL-XXR550A? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Posted this on the main flatscreen forums but figure I may get better responses related to gaming on here.

I currently have a Samsung 67" DLP LED set. It's a great set, but I'm getting the itch to upgrade. I'm always wowed by how much brighter some of the tvs I see in stores are since I got this set back in 2008. I'd really like something that just pops more and is vibrant and crisp. I enjoy the Samsung I currently have, no doubt, but seeing if I should upgrade and potentially sell this set or move it into my bedroom.

Things I'd like:
- Good response time for gaming. I'm not a competitive gamer but I do play some online games, FPSes and other titles. Both of these seem to have sub 40ms input lag which I assume is good enough? I couldn't dig up any input lag times on my current Samsung but if I had the same response time I'd be plenty happy.
- No ghosting. I heard the Samsung has potential ghosting/motion blur issues with games and fast images, but this was a comment in another thread. Not sure if that's the case?
- Excellent picture quality, especially when hooked up to consoles and HTPC. I have a nice rig for gaming and would like to take advantage of that.

Would be nice, but not required:
- Easy to use 3D that is well done. I have the nvidia GTX 680, so not sure if I can leverage that in any way on the set. Would also like to use the 3D for movies and broadcasting where available. I run some 3d games on my home desktop using the same card. But not sure what I'd need for tv 3d.

Things I don't care about:
- Smart apps/hulu/netflix etc. I have my consoles for that. If it has it, great, but it's not a feature I'm looking for.
- Audio quality.

Any input on these models? I haven't looked at Plasmas at all, so not sure if I'm ruling anything out. I hear the Sharp Aquos LCDs are pretty nice as well, but some of the reviews mentioned it coming across as flatter in the display and not popping as much.
Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 60r550a 60 Inch 120hz 1080p Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page