Recommendations On New HDTV For PS4 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 11-20-2013, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I'm in the same boat as well, I've been eyeing the Sony KDL-55W900A, in all the reviews I've read so far it seems to get praised for its very low input-lag and color reproduction, I've seen it in person, both motion and picture look great, but I couldn't test the input lag. Downside to some might be the size limit tops at 55", it's the perfect size for my room. Let me know what you think!

From what I've read that's currently rated as the top TV for gaming, and has a "Blistering Fast" input lag rating at 19ms and the model right below it, the Sony KDL-55W802A comes in at 17ms of lag. Seems a lot of the Plasma's are up in the 60ms range. They may give a better picture but is it at a trade off??

I'm currently researching gaming TV's in the 40"-46" range right now for my PS4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-24-2013, 11:36 AM

Any updates? I'm also looking for a 46" to 47" LED for my PS4.
post #33 of 38 Old 11-26-2013, 09:16 AM

Here is a link to cnet with the top 5 lowest input lag tv's.

http://m.cnet.com/news/best-low-lag-hdtvs-for-serious-gamers/57589240?ds=1
post #34 of 38 Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Hi Guys/Gals - I didn't mean to let my thread die, it's just been a busy couple of weeks. I did pull the trigger on the VT60 a little over a week ago, and I've currently got the set running DNice's slide set 24/7 with about 110 hours so far. My theater room will hopefully be finished in the next couple of days, so I'll be able to get the TV mounted and everything setup. As tempting as it is, I still haven't hooked up my PS4 to it yet and will probably wait until it's mounted downstairs in its permanent home before doing any gaming on it. Going to try and get the Disney WOW Blu-Ray tonight or tomorrow from Nebraska Furniture Mart, not sure if they have it in stock.

For those of you who have concerns about fan noise/buzzing, I currently have it setup in a spare bedroom, and I cannot hear the fans whatsoever when sitting in the room with the set on. I can hear a buzzing, but it's only apparent when displaying an all white or very light gray slide and to be honest it isn't that noticeable at all. My Samsung 67A750 (rear projection LED DLP) does the same thing only much louder when displaying very bright screens and it's never bothered me in the slightest, especially considering you can't hear it from a normal viewing distance with audio on anyway.

Very anxious to see how some of the PS4 titles look on this set, along with a slew of recent Blu-Rays (Wreck It Ralph, Pacific Rim, Star Trek Into Darkness and a few others) smile.gif I will try to answer any questions if anyone has them.
DaverJ likes this.
post #35 of 38 Old 05-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding HDTV's that can/cannot support 4:4:4 Chroma and next-gen console gaming (specifically the PS4/Xbox One). Now that the next-gen consoles that are out are built more similarly to a PC, would I need a HDTV that can support 4:4:4 chroma to get the optimal PS4/Xbox One image? Is the difference in picture quality of next-gen console gaming on a 4:4:4 HDTV and a non-4:4:4 HDTV that noticeable? Thank you for the help, it's much appreciated!

post #36 of 38 Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadSoori View Post

Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding HDTV's that can/cannot support 4:4:4 Chroma and next-gen console gaming (specifically the PS4/Xbox One). Now that the next-gen consoles that are out are built more similarly to a PC, would I need a HDTV that can support 4:4:4 chroma to get the optimal PS4/Xbox One image? Is the difference in picture quality of next-gen console gaming on a 4:4:4 HDTV and a non-4:4:4 HDTV that noticeable? Thank you for the help, it's much appreciated!

There's a difference, but unless you're very close to the screen and know what to look for, its barely noticeable. 

NadSoori likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #37 of 38 Old 05-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Oh ok that's a bit of relief, thanks for the info! By the way, have you had the chance to compare this between two HDTV's? The reason I ask is because I'm torn between a TV that comprises a bit on picture quality and value but is 4:4:4 compatible, and a TV that has better picture quality but without 4:4:4 chroma enabled. My main criteria is watching movies AND playing the PS4, so I've put myself into a bit of a tough situation.

post #38 of 38 Old 05-18-2014, 04:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadSoori View Post

Oh ok that's a bit of relief, thanks for the info! By the way, have you had the chance to compare this between two HDTV's? The reason I ask is because I'm torn between a TV that comprises a bit on picture quality and value but is 4:4:4 compatible, and a TV that has better picture quality but without 4:4:4 chroma enabled. My main criteria is watching movies AND playing the PS4, so I've put myself into a bit of a tough situation.

Yeah, I've got a TV that goes into 4:4:4 in game mode, and 4:2:0 in other modes. It's barely noticeable. The only time it's ever stuck out is when a bit of pure red text is on the screen...it's ever so slightly blurrier. It's nice to have but I wouldn't sacrifice any other aspect of image quality for it. The lower blue/red resolution is based on your eye not being able to see those colors as sharply, so unless you have superhuman vision it's incredibly tough to tell the difference outside of zoomed in test patterns.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Un65f8000 65 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page