static on my Xbox one display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hoping I can get some help with an issue I just uncovered. I just moved into a new house and with it I got new equipment including an XBox One and a Denon X3000 receiver as well as DirecTV. I use a LG PZ-950 Plasma TV.

Currently I have the XB1 and DirecTV as separate inputs into the Denon (i.e. I'm not routing the DTV through the XB1 although i may change this) - all done via HDMI

DTV works well on in the system - picture looks clear and audio sounds fine.

The XBox, though, is very staticky. The static is not uniform on the screen - the left edge is a very heavy static while the rest of the screen has light static. I was concerned it might be electronic interference, but I'm not sure why it would impact the Xbox and not the DTV. I've tired multiple cables so I don't think that's the issue. I've also tried multiple inputs in the back of the AVR. Also, I had the Xbox connected in my last house on a different TV and it worked fine so I don't think it's an Xbox issue.

Any thoughts? Is this an issue with the receiver? Maybe I have a setting incorrect somewhere? Is it the TV?

Thanks in advance!

Reply Home Theater Gaming