samsung un40eh600 greyed out menu on pc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 05-09-2014, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

i was wondering how can i up my color saturation on my tv hooked up via pc when the setting is greyed out.  i then could tone down the electrolized nividia digital vibrance.  i would get a more balanced look too,  nut knowing its a samsung and hearing what other brands have gotten hooked up to a pc, this set might be the best anyone could get.  i have no banding, no vignetting, black uniformity is awesome, white uniformity is dead perfect.  all i need is a color boost.  could i put a dvi cord on with hdmi adapter on since i don't have a dvi port on the tv; cause i think that will bring back the greyed out menu settings.  or... is there something i can do otherwise then buying another cord.

Strings are attached to my broken kneck holding it up high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 51

is the tv running in pc mode? the menu is grayed out because it can't use the picture computer in 4:4:4 rgb, if you disable the PC mode it should be usable again but you will lose your 4:4:4 mapping and the tv will turn into a 4:2:2 display this is ok for tv but bad for pc usage.

you can try to force full rgb on your nvidia card by running the madLevelsTweaker.exe. you can find this program here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/madVR/old-versions#download

double check the black level afterwards.

samsung is usually pretty bad für PC usage

post #3 of 14 Old 05-14-2014, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

no i just need an all around color boost like the tv menu is there a program to do that

post #4 of 14 Old 05-15-2014, 05:41 AM

you can try the level tool i'm not 100 % sure what you mean with color boost.

post #5 of 14 Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Let me see if I can reword this. There's a menu setting on the tv that boost color, it is greyed out being hooked up to pc. How can I get a similar color boost on my pc. All I get with nvidia is digital vibrance. To a point it does the job, but the colors are still washed out and need a boost I could do it if I wasted my tv to watch tv.

post #6 of 14 Old 05-18-2014, 04:21 AM

a source of washed out color can be wrong output color range you can try to chance this with the linked tool.

you are tring to to change the colors of your tv in a way it looks not like the nature?

post #7 of 14 Old 05-22-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well to say if I had hdtv or blue ray I could use the setting unfortunately the company and the tv trust my pc to be self aware of how much color saturation I need and that is a downer. I know I can use a video player or codec, but then my desktop and games will suffer. I guess my photos won't suffer windows let's me increase the saturation one photo at a time for all 1000 of my photos that will be fun changing them all piece by piece \o/ yeah... but I want to be realistic, I need an app that will do a saturation boost for the whole screen under any scenario. Kapeesh.

post #8 of 14 Old 05-22-2014, 06:51 PM

let's try it again

Quote:

is the tv running in pc mode? the menu is grayed out because it can't use the picture computer in 4:4:4 rgb, if you disable the PC mode it should be usable again but you will lose your 4:4:4 mapping and the tv will turn into a 4:2:2 display this is ok for tv but bad for pc usage.

yes/no? did you check?

Quote:

you can try to force full rgb on your nvidia card by running the madLevelsTweaker.exe. you can find this program here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/madVR/old-versions#download

double check the black level afterwards.

did you tried this?

the effect can be this: before after

and if the setting was right allready the effect will be this and should be reverted:  before after

you can not boost the colors with the pc. a pc can send 8 bit(0-255) in red the highest red you can get is 255 you can't make it any more "red" with the pc you can change the curve of red but you don't get more "brighter" red this way.

a tv with a hdmi connection can say the gpu to turns the highest red 255 is to 235, this is called limited rgb and maybe your problem. older Samsung tv have a huge problem with this only need unlimited in pc mode and pc mode was only working at 60 Hz and a special hdmi name while most tv options are grey out... and if you chance the refresh rate to 24 hz for movies it needs limited rgb because pc modes is disabled now resulting in unresolvering problem when PC mode is need. PC mode is very very important for games low lag no chroma supsampling.

with amd you can switch between 255/235 as you pleases but not with nvidia/intel they don't have an option for this but it can be change in the reg or with a tool.

post #9 of 14 Old 05-23-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ok none of you are getting this. Take rgb out of your head, like I mentioned it's already in full rgb. So that is not the case. What I need is to take the dull looking colors so it looks more saturated, do we all know what saturated means. I don't need them brighter or moved around on the rgb scale. With the colors looking faded it makes me feel I have a warn out monitor. I can mess with the brightness and gama, but that only does so much. Now I need too boost the saturation: (especially in photography) the intensity of a color, expressed as the degree to which it differs from white. Technically the tv's setting will when the saturation is low enough will make it black and white and turning it up too much will make it bleed color. Now that has nothing to do with rgb. I must be missing something. But the nvidia has a similar setting called digital vibrance, though it puts too much vibrance in the colors and not enough saturation(like making pink hot pink or florecent). So I still get dull drabby colors, now there just more florecent. Is there any way in the vast history of crapipy windows a way to boost the colors saturation not the vibrance or rgb. I hope this time we can tackle this with the right answer. Cause it seems odd for a pc video card to be able to tell the screen we got this, cause if they did there wouldn't be a menu choice for color saturation. And if that menu setting on my samsung changes the rgb, well sir I am baffled, cause I thought the rgb limited and full was for that not the one that said color

post #10 of 14 Old 05-23-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloege View Post

Ok none of you are getting this. Take rgb out of your head, like I mentioned it's already in full rgb.

how did you do this? and even more important where did you write this down in this thread?

Quote:
Cause it seems odd for a pc video card to be able to tell the screen we got this, cause if they did there wouldn't be a menu choice for color saturation. And if that menu setting on my samsung changes the rgb, well sir I am baffled, cause I thought the rgb limited and full was for that not the one that said color

the video card tells the TV nothing about that the tv tells the video card and this is offend wrong resulting in under saturated colors the main problem you have asaid from the TV menu issue with is 100 % a problem with the TV settings. i'm pretty sure the TV is in PC mode. have you set the hdmi to PC (this is called pc mode BTW...)?

all RGB rules count nothing wrong with nothing wrong with windows...

post #11 of 14 Old 05-30-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

yes i have and i have a reg hack program to switch to full rgb.  still need a color boost any ideas

post #12 of 14 Old 05-30-2014, 02:48 PM

shouldn't be technical possible.at least for the PC.

so you have to find a way to get access to your TV settings.

i posted some ideas above about that why your TV doesn't have the options available.

you may think about a real calibration with a colorimeter but this normally limit the colors and didn't expends them... because you can't expends them from the PC.

post #13 of 14 Old 06-03-2014, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Oh someone close this one someone just told me it is impossible, but then I been doing the impossible for 3 months eh? The media player classic will be my example in the case I am putting forth and here goes. No one, well maybe one got it, but the rest are being neanderthal about this. Well if we all look at the options for video adjustment on the media player classic it proves you can turn up the situation, been there done that, but no!.. you all tell me that is over my head and impossible, well I did my math. Next comes the draw back it only works for the videos playing on the media player classic, so my desktop, games and what not look dull. Put the rabbit back in the hat jack he's not done yet. Now I beg please close this, nobody knows the troubles I have cause of this. Maybe I will give up on Society and my problems and live in a cave in the desert. But I will say this; even though the attempt to fail was pitiful, congrats. E B D B DO B DA; ET phone home, ET phone home. Please…

post #14 of 14 Old 06-04-2014, 12:23 AM

you can create a icm with the same effect like mpc-hc saturation. but good luck in finding a guide for this. there are not a lot of picture quality destroying guides out there a lot of games ignore this so no 100 % chance to add banding too your display.

and AMD got an saturation option too.

i mean you are aware what you are going to do right? normal  saturated

Reply Home Theater Gaming
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page