What's the average age of gamers? - Page 5 - AVS Forum
First ... 3  4  5
Home Theater Gaming > What's the average age of gamers?
Villanman's Avatar Villanman 01:35 PM 05-14-2004
Centipede seemed to be the game of choice for women in my area when I was a teenager. Even today my wife would still rather play that than any game I own now or ever owned on any platform. Go figure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Doc Tonic's Avatar Doc Tonic 12:13 AM 05-19-2004
Okay, I'm getting old (34) and all I can remember about my younger days is playing video games...here is my list of systems...sorta pathetic now that I look back and see how many systems I have owned. I honestly don't think I missed a system except for that Vectrex which I'm still looking for and the Odyssey system (if anyone here owned those 2 systems I'd be fairly impressed).

1. Atari 2600
2. atari 400 with cassette player and centipede on cassette tape
3. intellivision
4. colecovision
5. nintendo
6. turbographics 16 with CD
7. genesis and sega master system
8. super nintendo and nintendo 64
9. dreamcast
10. PS1
11. sega saturn
12. Neo Geo
13. 3DO (yes I was one of those people tricked into buying this for $700)
14. Atari Jaguar
15. Gameboy
16. PS 2
17. Xbox
18. Gamecube
19. GBA
20. P4 3.0 HTPC hooked up to a 130 inch front projection system.

I actually wanted to become a video game programmer, but alas, I was instructed by my family to enter the more traditional field of medicine. Perform rectal exams or work for EA.....if I could do it all again....

great thread!
darklordjames's Avatar darklordjames 02:36 AM 05-19-2004
rectal exams beats EA any day of the week! if youre gonna pick a game company, at least pick a good one :)
Doc Tonic's Avatar Doc Tonic 03:38 AM 05-19-2004
hehe, agreed....I just picked EA because I live next door to them. I'd prefer Bioware since they were started by physicians...
ChrisFB's Avatar ChrisFB 08:59 AM 05-19-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tonic
I honestly don't think I missed a system except for that Vectrex which I'm still looking for and the Odyssey system (if anyone here owned those 2 systems I'd be fairly impressed).
I had a friend who had every game console around including both of these - I was so jealous. Then a girl I dated in college had an unused Odyssey2 in the box at her family's house - too bad we broke up before I could lay my grimy paws on it.

You can pick up these systems on Ebay.

Odyssey2 (I'm assuming you mean the silver on with the keyboard and joysticks) is fairly cheap. The best games are the Master Strategy sets that come in very nice boxes (Quest for the Rings and others). There are websites devoted to some of these games.

Vectrex is a collector's console and is more expensive because it is actively sought after

Both of these systems are emulated on the PC if your interest is purely the games and not collecting the consoles.
Komoto's Avatar Komoto 09:02 AM 05-19-2004
Quote:
Perform rectal exams or work for EA
Same thing? Gotta make sure developer's rectums can handle what EA will do to them :P
First ... 3  4  5

Up
Mobile  Desktop