1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lonesoul65

post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Game mode on Samsung?

Do you guys use it? I never have because it was a pain to go through the menus and turn it on and off, and also I was worried about loss of picture quality. Anyway, I figured out how to set up my system so HDMI 2 is for the PS4, and it remembers the picture options for that input only. I use HDMI 1 for my other viewing. Game mode does seem to make things much more snappy, so I like it so far.

For those who've calibrated your sets, did you just copy those settings over to game mode. I normally watch in movie mode, so that's the look I'm used to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-10-2017, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I also use the 2nd output from my AVR for my game consoles (360, xbone s, PS4, PS3 and WiiU) to a different tv input than for watching tv or movies.

I use the same basic settings for game mode on the other input (as game mode allows) as I do for watching tv or movies, but change from warm2 to either warm1 or standard on my KS8000 depending on the game (like with Overwatch I like the brighter more cartoony colors of standard but for Battlefied 1 or GoW4 I like warm1).

I mostly leave the game input on warm1 though since my whole point of doing this was to avoid having to futz around with changing settings just to play a game. I still don't like having to manually adjust the backlight etc for HDR games like GoW4 since the Samsung won't auto-change it in game mode like it does for 4K HDR dvds/streaming content. Hoping Samsung will add that ability in a future firmware update.

~Bill
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2017, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I always use Game Mode - The latency introduced by the any set's post processing noticeably makes "twitchy" games like Call of Duty feel sloppy. Game Mode makes it better, but it would better to just use a smaller set/monitor if this is something truly important to you. There are very few sets with low latency the larger you go, even in game mode.

Can't really have your cake and eat it too, unfortunately.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-19-2017, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrag View Post
I always use Game Mode - The latency introduced by the any set's post processing noticeably makes "twitchy" games like Call of Duty feel sloppy. Game Mode makes it better, but it would better to just use a smaller set/monitor if this is something truly important to you. There are very few sets with low latency the larger you go, even in game mode.

Can't really have your cake and eat it too, unfortunately.
Agreed, can't play on a an F8500 (samsung plasma) out of game mode. I recently ordered an LG C7, it has around 21ms input lag. I think Samsung's LED from last years (and maybe this year's as well) are roughly 16ms. What do you usually play at, what's your input lag to play games like CoD?
post #5 of 6 Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
KS8000 does great for gaming...haven't played on a better tv personally.
ingramba likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-26-2017, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighou View Post
Do you guys use it? I never have because it was a pain to go through the menus and turn it on and off, and also I was worried about loss of picture quality. Anyway, I figured out how to set up my system so HDMI 2 is for the PS4, and it remembers the picture options for that input only. I use HDMI 1 for my other viewing. Game mode does seem to make things much more snappy, so I like it so far.

For those who've calibrated your sets, did you just copy those settings over to game mode. I normally watch in movie mode, so that's the look I'm used to.

Use Game mode. You'll notice a difference in the latency for sure. Personally, I bump up the color, sharpness a tad, Color tone to Warm 2 (get used to it or go with WARM 1) and I play around with Dynamic contrast and black tones if you have those options.

"A Video Game Junkie At His Finest"
[1000+ games with 29 Consoles and counting]
Gamer Tag on Xbox and PSN: Vagrant Pistol

Sony 930E - Denon X4200W - Polk RTiA 7 - RTiA 3 - CSiA 6 - SVS SB12 Plus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page