Looking for USB Hub to charger multiple system controllers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-20-2017, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Looking for USB Hub to charger multiple system controllers

Well I looked around and the only posts I found where from about 9 years ago so I started a new one. Situation is simple I have multiple systems, PS4, Wii U, PS3 and Switch. I would like to be able to just get something like a 12 or 15 port powered USB hub and use it to charge all my various controllers in one location. HAs anyone done this? Or does anyone have any suggestions of the best way to go about it like a specific brand hub that works best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-20-2017, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Nothing to recommend but I'll throw this out there (although I'm sure you are already aware of this)...

You can charge your controllers using pretty much any USB port. So if you have 2 on your xbox, 2 on your PS, 2 on your Switch, 1 or 2 on your TV, 1 or 2 on your cable box, 1 or 2 on your AV receiver then you might be able to get away with that (clumsy) solution or maybe that can whittle your USB ports needed down a few if you find a really good 4-8 port device to compliment it.

Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-20-2017, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance466 View Post
Nothing to recommend but I'll throw this out there (although I'm sure you are already aware of this)...

You can charge your controllers using pretty much any USB port. So if you have 2 on your xbox, 2 on your PS, 2 on your Switch, 1 or 2 on your TV, 1 or 2 on your cable box, 1 or 2 on your AV receiver then you might be able to get away with that (clumsy) solution or maybe that can whittle your USB ports needed down a few if you find a really good 4-8 port device to compliment it.
I would prefer to have them all in one area to declutter a little lol. I thought as long as I got a powered one it should be fine but just wanted to make sure. Between all the systems we have probably 8 to 10 controllers so having them centralized would be nice

post #4 of 6 Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 280
There are 12 port USB hubs with AC adapters, but I do not know if any of them will provide the level of power that you want to have for charging that many devices, let alone several. Anker and other companies make USB charging stations that are designed for that.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-21-2017, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
There are 12 port USB hubs with AC adapters, but I do not know if any of them will provide the level of power that you want to have for charging that many devices, let alone several. Anker and other companies make USB charging stations that are designed for that.
See that is kind of what I was worried about, I don't want to spend 30 bucks on a powered usb hub an have it not able to charge the controllers. Granted it would only be charging a few at a time as we don't use all the systems all the time, but it would be nice to have it all in a central location. I also wanted to avoid like the charging stands that hold like 2 controllers since we would need multiple, 1 for each system and those are not cheap. All together I think we have 3 ps4 controllers, with 1 being used regularly, 2 ps3 controllers used with my raspberry pi, and 2 wii u pro controllers. Then later on there will probably be 1 or 2 Switch pro controllers.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-23-2017, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I use one from Anker and it works great. I have 2 xbox one controllers and 2 PS4 controllers. this is the one I https://www.anker.com/products/A2124112

XBR75Z9d,Denon X6300H,OPPO UDP-203
ATV 4, XBOXONE S,PS4 PRO
Original XBOX turned MAGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page