Xbox One S screen cutting out - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Xbox One S screen cutting out

Hey All,

I'm having this strange issue with my Xbox One S that started probably about 3 weeks ago. I'll be playing a game or browsing the home page when the video and sound will randomly cut out for a few seconds at a time. Usually if it cuts out once, it'll do it one or two more times, then it won't do it again for a little while. It's happened with multiple games as well.

I just got a new TV just because I wanted to upgrade, but I was also hoping that this issue would go away as well. I have my Xbox One S connected to my AV7703 which is connected to my TV. One of the stranger things that's happened is at one point when the picture cut out, it was gone for maybe 3 seconds, then once it came back the TV acted as though a new source had just been plugged into it. This made me think it may have been the AVP, but it's never done this with another source. I've power cycled the Xbox, changed cables and inputs, I checked for firmware on everything, and I've messed with the video output settings on the Xbox. Any thoughts on how to get this to stop would be awesome, I'm tired of dying because I'm blind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-15-2017, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
When you say video cutout do you mean like a white screen for just a second with little tiny stars or pixels. My Xbox started doing that maybe 6 months ago I finally changed HDMI port on my TV from 1 to 2 and it has not done it again since
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page