To 4K 60hz PC Gamers That Connect To A 4K 60hz T.V. And Samsung KU6300 Owners - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-2017, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy To 4K 60hz PC Gamers That Connect To A 4K 60hz T.V. And Samsung KU6300 Owners

I posted this on the HDTV Forums too in hopes of getting some answer from there.

I am so confused about how 4K 60hz works. Right now I have a PC that is capable of 4K and 60hz or 60fps and I also have a PS4 Pro which can do the same too. I also have the Samsung KU6300. I did some research and I thought that all you needed to achieve 4K 60hz is just an HDMI 2.0 port from the T.V. and the PC or console in which I do. I spoke to a Samsung rep that told me that Samsung KU6300 has 3 HDMI 2.0 ports and thought great I have 3 ports that are capable of 4K 60hz. I can plug My PS4 into HDMI Port 1 and my PC into HDMI Port 2. Well apparently the rep told me that even though all the ports are HDMI 2.0 only HDMI Port 1 works in 4K 60hz. I ask why and they told me because you can enable UHD Color or HDR on it and not the others. How does enabling UHD Color change the signal from 4K 30hz to 4K 60hz. I'm so confused on what is required to achieve 4K 60hz so can someone please help and explain.

Now I'm sitting here having to sacrifice my PS4 Pro and it's HDR capability so that I can plug my PC into Port 1 to utilize 4k 60hz. My PS4 is plugged in HDMI Port 2 which is supposed to be 4K 30hz, but it doesn't end there. I did some testing on my own. On Samsung T.V. they usually tell you the resolution you're displaying and the FPS or Hz at the top when you switch inputs. Well I decided to plug my PS4 Pro into HDMI Port 2 and turn on a game that I know is 4K capable which is Mass Effect Andromeda. I turn on the game and then switched over to PC as it loads and switch back over to the PS4 and at the top of the screen it said 3840 pixels × 2160 at 60p which the 60p I assume means 60fps which also means 60hz. So now I'm wondering was I a. lied to by the Samsung Rep and that all ports are capable of 4K 60hz rather then only HDMI Port 1 is capable of 4K 60hz and the other two are 4K 30hz or did something else happen.

Sorry again for the super long post and I hope someone has an answer for me because I spent $500 on a PS4 Pro for 4K HDR and $1500 on this 4K 60+fps gaming PC and can only plug one in at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Sorry to hear your frustration.

I'm just getting into the market for shopping around for a 4K tv, but probably won't pull the trigger until Oct/Nov time frame, and its good to know and for me to ask what tv's have multiple HDMI 2.0 HDR ports.

But reading this post, since you are on an Audio/Video site, I wanted to at least run a suggestion by you. What about running everything through a 4K receiver? That way, you can switch between PC and PS4 and not have to worry.

The other suggestion, which is probably cheaper than a receiver and speakers, though I haven't researched it myself, is to buy an HDMI switcher that is capable of 4K 60fps passthrough?

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #3 of 3 Old 07-13-2017, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a B6 OLED and found out it can't do 4k@60 with dolby vision enabled. This is early days, in the long run everything will support 4k@120hz in full RGB/4:4:4 with HDR on. Probably five years before LED overtakes OLED and bandwidth is no longer an issue. I think that will be good enough. They'll try to sell us 8k before we even have live TV broadcasts in 1080p@60, but I think the specs above are pretty much the end game with TVs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
4k 60hz , console , KU6300 , pc gaming , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page