AVS Forum banner

Current TV bit the dust and thinking of the LG C7

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Drew888 
#1 ·
I managed the lag on my 67" 2008 Samsung RPTV ok but it meant that I had to have maybe .5 of a second drop on everyone. I know the C7 will be better but for 65" can I do better?

Thanks,

#2 ·
I just picked up the 65 c7 and it's a beast for gaming. I would go for the B7a as it's a few hundred dollars cheaper because it doesn't have atmos enabled built in speakers so you aren't missing anything. I did about an 8 hour sesh yesterday playing agents of mayhem and there was a little bit of image retention from the health bar. I ran the 1 hour comp cycle and this morning there was no more image retention. This set plus HDR gaming is pure eye candy. Also low input lag at 20ms. Let me know if you have any more questions.

#3 ·
I own a 55 inch B7P which is exactly the same as the C7P, just different looks. All the 2017 OLED panels are pretty much the same. Gaming wise it has a 20ish ms input lag, which I can kinda 'feel', but barely notice it compared to my 5ms 100hz Gaming monitor.

I upgraded from an LG 1080p LCD tv I bought about 7 years ago. The B7P is my first 4k tv, and I love it! It can also do 120hz @ 1080p or 60hz 4k, and supports 4:4:4 chroma (I'm still learning about it, but it makes colors/lights/shadows in games look much more realistic).

OLED is second to none, though Qled gets pretty darn close, but it simply doesn't have the perfect blacks the OLED does!

TVs as old as ours were usually around 80-120ms input lag. The C7 will be a perfect buy for you!

#4 ·
You guys are awesome, thanks!

My set gets delivered Friday and I cannot wait. Slippery slope...now researching AV receivers and BD players. Thinking of picking up the Marantz SR6012 and Oppo 203.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.