I have a very specific case and was wondering what the best nvidia settings would be. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-04-2017, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a very specific case and was wondering what the best nvidia settings would be.

Sorry, I don't know where else to post this..

Well, a few days ago my hdmi module on my LCD TV (which I use as my monitor) broke. Bad news.

Anyway, unless I buy a whole new TV, I am relegated to using the component video inputs on the TV (YPBPR).

Ok. I've still got component video input! Good news, everyone! Thinking this a clever workaround, and yet only having an HDMI output on my graphics card, I proceed to buy an HDMI to Component Video converter, found here: (AVS is not allowing me to post urls.. but if you want to you can check the thread with the same title on /r/nvidia , the nvidia subreddit)

So here's the problem. For whatever reason, the "native resolution" on my system is set to 720p (1280x720) now. I was under the impression that the converter I bought would accept 1080p input and produce 1080p output. This is apparently not the case. What it is doing is "accepting" only 720p **input** (weird I know) but actually sends out a 1080p signal (the component video signal being sent to the TV is actually 1080p, and so the resolution on my TV is set to 1080p). So really what I'm getting is 720p resolution which is presumably being upscaled by the converter and displaying as 1080p on my TV!

If I try to increase the system resolution (via nvidia control panel, or windows display settings for that matter) weird artifacts appear. So that is not an option.

My question is, given these less-than-optimal constraints, what would be the absolute best QUALITY (clearest, sharpest) settings I can set in nvidia control panel? I do not like a "soft" or blurry picture. 720p on a 1080p monitor already does enough of that already. I can definitely tell that the picture is "blurrier" than when I had a true 1080p input to 1080p output via direct HDMI. I have the latest card and DSR is definitely an option. Please also consider that my GPU would actually only be processing a 720p signal so framerate is likely not an issue. Keep in mind too that, although my main concerns are under the "Manage 3d Settings" section, there is also a "Change Resolution" section (screenshot can be found here: (AVS is not allowing me to post urls.. but if you want to you can check the thread with the same title on /r/nvidia , the nvidia subreddit) in which some settings can be changed. I am asking for any and all settings that should be changed to make for the best quality picture as described above given my predicament.

I hope this finds the right person(s), and I really appreciate the help.

Last edited by junkwes; 09-04-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page