Good composite to hdmi converter? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-18-2017, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good composite to hdmi converter?

Hi. Does anyone know of a good composite to hdmi converter/upscaler (that doesn't cost an arm & a leg) to use with older game systems?

I'd like to play my Gamecube on my hdtv (32" 720p), which i can't really do right now without it looking pretty bad (the Wind Waker still looks pretty good but not as good as it did).

Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 418
IIRC, Amazon has tons of them for something around $20 or so. It doesn't cause you an arm or leg. I have one connect my kid's GameCube. The problem with these are (1) if you let it remain plugged in for a long time, it will stuck and require power cycle (2) Additional lag which is the main complaint from my kids. Turn on the game mode on TV helps a little but it is still very noticeable lag.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2017, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hope it's OK to post a couple weeks later (still feeling my way around this forum but I can walk you through getting a better quality signal on your modern TV, and upscallers and all that if you want - you DEFINITELY want to stay away from composite - that's going to butcher the image quality no matter what. Unfortunately none of this is cheap for a good result (looking at $200 minimum for a good scaler), and the GameCube you're talking about is one of the rare ones where the component cables for it routinely go for around $280...but you can thankfully play GameCube games on a Wii with minimal downsides if you want (and Wii is cheap on Craigslist, as are it's YPbPr component cables).

Let me know your thoughts and I can give you some options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page