AVS Forum banner

PS4 Pro HDR not supported with Vizio TV

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Norman Lo 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to use PS4 Pro with Vizio E1-E50 TV, with HDR setting. However, PS4 says HDR is not supported. I have seen other people have success with using HDR with this TV, and the manual also says it supports HDR10, which is the standard used by PS4.

Here is the list of things I have tried
- Made sure all the firmware are up to dated. Vizio firmware is a beta version 3.4.8.5. (A beta version was pushed to the TV via automatic update, not sure if this is an issue and it looks like I cannot revert back to the official firmware).
- Tried all the HDMI ports
- Tried turning on UHD settings on HDMI-1.
- Used 3 different HDMI cables: The original HDMI cable that came with PS4 Pro, and other 2 that I am sure that have bandwidth of 18 Gbps, at least that's what they claimed.

When I connect to other HDMI ports other than 1, or have UHD setting turned off, PS4 says HDCP 2.2, and 4K YUV.

When I connect to HDMI-1 with UHD setting turned on, PS4 says HDCP 2.2, and 4K RGB.

Can anything think of anything I can try ? I have tried all the safe mode methods (like HDCP 1.4, forcing display mode to 4k YUV) that I can find but still could not solve this issue.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.