Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 202 Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Just got my Euro version of Burnout 3 in the mail and after about 30 minutes of play I must say this has to be one of the best driving games ever made !!!

--- The game presentation is just plain slick all the way through [ other than the crummy music but then you can turn that off ;) ] .

--- Road Rage mode is about as much fun as should be allowed while gaming !

--- Crash mode is intense with explosions at every turn !

--- Even the normal Race mode is a blast !

--- The ability to control your vehicle after a crash adds much more technique to the game-play since you can grab multipliers after you have done your damage [ or you can even inflict more damage :) ] .

--- I guess you can tell I am very impressed with this game :D .

--- I couldn't wait for this game so when my import supplier told me they got it in I just had to get it asap and make no mistake this game is AWESOME FUN [ even with the cost of overnight shipping ;) ] !!!

--------------- Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 202 Old 09-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't wait!!!

Getting mine in the mail on Tuesday. It's a good thing I don't have to work on Tuesday . . . that's all I can say.

:D

Jay

Just another monkey throwing coconuts

post #3 of 202 Old 09-04-2004, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
It looks just amazing. I played the PS2 demo and was amazed at the smoothness. Cannot wait to try the Xbox version.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #4 of 202 Old 09-04-2004, 07:06 PM

Liked: 11
September 7th...

Best Buy will be $50 richer...
post #5 of 202 Old 09-05-2004, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I can't believe there isn't more hype on the Home Theater boards about this game. If there was ever a game that was cool to show off your Home theater it would be BO 3. It's 16:9, 60 fps, the particle effects fly in your face, and the sense of speed is unbelievable.

Don't think of it as screendoor, it's more like an infinite game of tic tac toe.
post #6 of 202 Old 09-05-2004, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newsguy
I can't believe there isn't more hype on the Home Theater boards about this game. If there was ever a game that was cool to show off your Home theater it would be BO 3. It's 16:9, 60 fps, the particle effects fly in your face, and the sense of speed is unbelievable.

--- I agree but then it is only 480p and most HT'ers don't get too excited about that now-a-days' ;) .

--- I am hoping for a PC version (not a port) :D !!!

-------------------- Jason

post #7 of 202 Old 09-05-2004, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

You suck Pimp. Yeah you really do. I still gotta wait two more days. I can't wait. I can't actually remember anticipating a game as much as B3. Oh did I say you suck??? :D
post #8 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 08:51 AM

Yeah this is a sweet game, Criterion dont hype their games, next year they have a game coming out on the PS2(exclusive) called Black, this game is so realistic its incredible, the demo was compared to the minigun scene in the original predator with bullets cutting through leaves, the game is reported to be so realistic shooting a gun is like shooting a gun i real life with the sound and visuals, now this game would be hyped to death but Criterion have kept quiet about it, hardly anybody knows about it and it could easily be one of the best FPS ever made, its just the way Criterion do things, sweet!
post #9 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Monstermile
You suck Pimp. Yeah you really do. I still gotta wait two more days. I can't wait. I can't actually remember anticipating a game as much as B3. Oh did I say you suck??? :D

--- Then I guess I shouldn't say that I am almost all the way through the game ;) .

------------ Jason

post #10 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 01:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by DaGamePimp
--- Then I guess I shouldn't say that I am almost all the way through the game ;) .

------------ Jason
Oh sure,rubbin' it in now. ;)
post #11 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn O
Oh sure,rubbin' it in now. ;)

Just to add to the drool factor I will toss up some screen-shots of Burnout3 from my InFocus 4805 later tonight on my website [ I will link em' here once I have something posted ] :D .

-------- Jason

post #12 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

No pics yet?

*Representing Team AVS*
- KillerPoptart -

post #13 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Tease
post #14 of 202 Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

sweeeet!
my copy is coming soon!

post #15 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

here ya' go ...

http://home.comcast.net/~jlcburg3/ws...2/site1137.JPG

---------------- Jason

post #16 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If the pics look a little blurry it is because none of them are paused [ using pause brings up on screen options and ruins the pic ] . Consider they are also only 640x480 jpeg's [ My 1600x1200 pics look incredible ;) ] .

---------- Jason

post #17 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My 1600x1200 pics look incredible ;) ] .

---------- Jason
So do these! Off to BB...

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #18 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 AM

Why dont you post some 1600x1200.. damn why did Acclaim ever let Criterion go, Criterion to games is like 2pac is to rap or Mike Tyson is to boxing.
post #19 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 07:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
I'd be interested in a pic with something showing the scale of your image. Without any sense of scale in the image, these just look like sub standard screen shots which could have been taken more cleanly with a direct screen capture. To me, the fun of seeing gaming screen shots on fp setups is to see just how big the image really is somehow... a real person next to the screen... something.

reaper
post #20 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 09:39 AM

Both of our pre-ordered copies should be arriving soon. Yes, we have to buy two copies of every Xbox Live game since my wife and I play on separate TVs. Game publishers love us.

I absolutely loved Burnout 1 & 2. If this game plays good on Live, this may just force PGR2 to take the backseat for a while. A multiplayer, online Crash mode? Oh man, I'm all over that! Most of our Live clan members are getting anxious for this too. Too bad that means we'll probably be spending less time with Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.

Hurry up FedEx!!! I want my game! :)

...Get Your Fix (
)
Xbox Live Gamertag: voodoogmr
PlayStation Network: voodoogmr
post #21 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Please, someone, when will Burnout 3 arrive for the Gamecube??

Nicholas

Hail the mighty Marquee!

post #22 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nich

Nicholas
Its PS2/XBox/PC only last I heard.

Frank J. Cone

post #23 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nich

Nicholas
gamecube 3rd party supporters are dropping like flies unfortunately

i went ahead and bought a ps2 so i don't miss out on games like psi ops and such
post #24 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reaper
I'd be interested in a pic with something showing the scale of your image. Without any sense of scale in the image, these just look like sub standard screen shots which could have been taken more cleanly with a direct screen capture. To me, the fun of seeing gaming screen shots on fp setups is to see just how big the image really is somehow... a real person next to the screen... something.

reaper

--- Well I really wasn't trying to show off my FP set-up but I do agree that perspective can add to the coolness factor ;) .

----------- Jason

post #25 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by voodoogmr
Both of our pre-ordered copies should be arriving soon. Yes, we have to buy two copies of every Xbox Live game since my wife and I play on separate TVs. Game publishers love us.

I absolutely loved Burnout 1 & 2. If this game plays good on Live, this may just force PGR2 to take the backseat for a while. A multiplayer, online Crash mode? Oh man, I'm all over that! Most of our Live clan members are getting anxious for this too. Too bad that means we'll probably be spending less time with Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.

Hurry up FedEx!!! I want my game! :)

--- Yep , this is one game that should be a no-brain'er if you have 2 linked Xbox's sitting there [ I have 2 Xbox's here as well since we had to have the Green Halo special edition box :D ] .

**** NOTE : BURNOUT 3 has no SYSTEM-LINK feature so you cannot link 2 Xbox's together :( ****

---------- Jason

post #26 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM

Anyone found this game in Sacramento today? BB in Elk Grove says Thursday, Gamestop in Elk Grove says tomorrow. My boy is gonna be one dissapointed dude when i come home from work today without it.

Dere

Fighting the beast that is multiple myeloma.
post #27 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

It does come out tommorow. It ships today, so some stores get the 2nd shipment later this evening, but that's rare.

Don't think of it as screendoor, it's more like an infinite game of tic tac toe.
post #28 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
--- Yep , this is one game that should be a no-brain'er if you have 2 linked Xbox's sitting there [ I have 2 Xbox's here as well since we had to have the Green Halo special edition box :D ] .

---------- Jason
Can you please post instructions on how to link up 2 XBOX's? I have one for the RPTV and one for the projector (I can only play the PJ at night). I work on weekends and my co-workers and I have marathon gaming sessions, and I have been trying to figure out how the heck to link the 2 xboxs up so we don't have to split the screens on racing titles. It's also good if there are extra players who might want to join in. I'm buying BO 3 but if I have to, I will rent another copy from gamefly for the second disc. Thanks.

post #29 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newsguy
Can you please post instructions on how to link up 2 XBOX's? I have one for the RPTV and one for the projector (I can only play the PJ at night). I work on weekends and my co-workers and I have marathon gaming sessions, and I have been trying to figure out how the heck to link the 2 xboxs up so we don't have to split the screens on racing titles. It's also good if there are extra players who might want to join in. I'm buying BO 3 but if I have to, I will rent another copy from gamefly for the second disc. Thanks.

--- Grab a long enough CAT5/6 cable to go between the 2 consoles and have at it ;) [ or there are wireless solutions ] .

--- There is an Ethernet port right on the back of each Xbox [ just link em' together and let the Xbox's do the rest :D ] .

--- My Xbox's go through a Router so for a Direct Xbox to Xbox connection you probably need to purchase a CrossOver ethernet cable .

----------------- Jason

post #30 of 202 Old 09-07-2004, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Its not a PS2 exclusive. Its on Xbox too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli_786
Yeah this is a sweet game, Criterion dont hype their games, next year they have a game coming out on the PS2(exclusive) called Black, this game is so realistic its incredible, the demo was compared to the minigun scene in the original predator with bullets cutting through leaves, the game is reported to be so realistic shooting a gun is like shooting a gun i real life with the sound and visuals, now this game would be hyped to death but Criterion have kept quiet about it, hardly anybody knows about it and it could easily be one of the best FPS ever made, its just the way Criterion do things, sweet!

Matt
Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page