Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #121 of 133 Old 10-28-2004, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm curious...has anyone tried it with Unreal Championship yet....
?????

Or Castle Wolfenstein...
?????

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 133 Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also just discovered a major problem with this device. In games like Rainbow six and Ghost Recon your reticle size changes depending on the intensity that you press the left analog stick. With WASD the reticle actually goes from large to small with no points in between.
post #123 of 133 Old 10-28-2004, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
How about just Halo specifically. Does it nearly simulate the PC experience? Any speed or movement quirks?

I figured that if they were designing this product this is what it would be made around. Since Halo2 controls respond nearly identically Halo1 is a good test.

Display:    Panasonic 65" VT60

AVR:        Marantz 6005

Speakers: Kef Q towers/rears Kef Reference center

HTPC:       Win 7 Pro with XBMC

Xbox Live: Arbitrage XXL

post #124 of 133 Old 10-28-2004, 03:27 PM

Halo, specifically, works actually pretty good. That's a good thing for them and will probably sell the device. Any game that does not have control acceleration will work decent.
Medal of Honor Frontline works well but it lacks an in game sensitivity adjustment.

Anyone buying this for Halo will probably be happy but don't expect it to perform as well for every game.
post #125 of 133 Old 10-29-2004, 08:32 AM

I edited this because ogf my own stupidity I had something not connected properly.

The warthog is actually easier to operate with the KBM.

I need to try more vehicles...
post #126 of 133 Old 10-29-2004, 01:41 PM

In an effort to be as fair and accurate as I can I am really going all out to make sure this device can be everything I want it to be.

I am now testing a 3rd mouse which has the little ball in it like the older mice and this new mouse seems to be reacting VERY smoothly. Prior to this i was using an optical mouse which exhibited some jerky moves that were't sitting well with me.
Now i am going to go and re-test all the games again with this mouse.

If this unit can work well with certain mice it may be worth it but again, for certain games.
post #127 of 133 Old 10-29-2004, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Martin
In an effort to be as fair and accurate as I can I am really going all out to make sure this device can be everything I want it to be.
Very useful information, I appreciate hearing how the device works even though I am not planning a purchase at this time. THX

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #128 of 133 Old 10-29-2004, 03:10 PM

My early conclusion is that this is a hit or miss device.

Depending on the game, this device is either great or equalt to a controller in accuracy. There is also some factor of which mouse you ultimatemy decide to use.
i think if one bought this device exclusively for Halo then they would be happy. If you have a dozen games like I do, some will work well and others won't.
post #129 of 133 Old 11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

I'm interested in if this works with Unreal Championship

..it would then explain to me how someone can jump 60 feet over me and three other players ...flying through the air horizontally and end up getting not one but everyone of us with a head shot before he even hits the ground. All this with auto-aim OFF.

I can do this sometimes, but I'll just get one head shot and it's far from precise with a controller...most of the time you just end up with a head ache from all the jumping. Its a more frequent thing with autoaim on...but I was amazed people were doing this with auto aim off.

I've always suspected these guys were using keyboad mouse configs.
post #130 of 133 Old 11-10-2004, 09:16 PM

Ok, I have had the opportunity to try this using Halo 2. Unfortunately you have to reprogram some buttons as Halo 2 has dual weapons so you have to change a few keys for Halo 2.
Don't get me wrong, the product DOES work but somewhere I just feel like using the KB feels wrong. This game is designed for the controller. It's a part of the console.
If Microsoft made a KBAM and games had the option then perhaps it would be different.
I played a few games and I did pretty well but I also did just as well with a controller.
I don't really want to get mired down into setting up keys and deadzones and all that jazz so I am sticking with a controller. If you see me doing well online don't credit the SJF.
I guess it's time to learn how to sell stuff on Ebay.
post #131 of 133 Old 11-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry about the bad news...
post #132 of 133 Old 11-10-2004, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Hellraiser

I've always suspected these guys were using keyboad mouse configs.
This is a very recent product. Dean was ordered just about as soon as they became available and has only had it < 1 month so unless these are some recent Unreal games it was pure controller before as no one had made a device to map a mouse to the analog stick (although one can be connected through a USB/Xbox adapter and used for Linux/modded Xboxes but not in games).

BTW - Dean, was the newly formed AVS Halo2 clan giving you some heat on your equipment? :D

Display:    Panasonic 65" VT60

AVR:        Marantz 6005

Speakers: Kef Q towers/rears Kef Reference center

HTPC:       Win 7 Pro with XBMC

Xbox Live: Arbitrage XXL

post #133 of 133 Old 11-11-2004, 01:13 AM

Quote:
BTW - Dean, was the newly formed AVS Halo2 clan giving you some heat on your equipment?
No, I haven't even joined because of the commitment. I wouldn't want to have to keep missing practices and all that.
I do need to add more people from here to my friends list as for some strange reason tonight I kept running into 2 or 3 guys that really kept hassling me.
I wish you could use a different name in-game as opposed to just your gamer tag. these guys kept calling me a Nazi and using vulgar language and saying a variety of nasty things to me over and over again.
Being pretty new to the game it took me a bit but I was eventually able to slince their mics.
i'm going to call Xboxlive tomorrow and see about changing my tag because I'm tired of being hassled.
Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page