Closed Thread

post #151 of 162 Old 11-18-2004, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by pcrx
Now if they just fix the online fiasco of long waits and the dumb matchmaking with no ability to keep playing with the same people (to get some sense of community) all will be good. Plus I would like to see some "mission" style of online play.

Bungie - see Rainbow Six 3:Black Arrow for online gameplay done RIGHT.
Supposedly they fixed the matchmaking speed, haven't had a chance to try it yet, though.

And, if you play custom games, you will play over and over again with the same people. Lots of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 162 Old 11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Matchmaking is now MUCH faster. At least in the Rumble Pit. Some people are complaining about more lag now though, as its believed Bungie got rid of some of the stuff that searches for optimized connections to speed up the matchmaking process.
post #153 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 02:59 AM

According to the "Top Story" on Bungie's web page, they fixed the 480p problem, the slow matchmaking problem, the not being able to continue playing with the same people problem and they unlocked a hidden level called "Foundation"

Sounds good---- Lets play

Ooooo, Navy SEALs!!!
XBL GT: sofa king tired
post #154 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else experiencing this? Only when playing on XBOXLive in the pre-game lobby when someone speaks there is a popping sound coming from my right surround (and possibly my rt front and center). This is the only game that I have experienced this with. I checked the cables, they are correct. I brought the game over to my friends house--same problem.

Returned the game. Same problem with new game. My setup AVM30, ATI2505, B&W 804s/805s/HTM1, Mits DLP 62725.

post #155 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I have the same issue. I have the voice set to headset only, so the popping is very noticeable when people talk. Although I thought it was coming from the center (but come to think of it, that doesn't make any sense).

Martin.
post #156 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pcrx
Now if they just fix the online fiasco of long waits and the dumb matchmaking with no ability to keep playing with the same people (to get some sense of community) all will be good.
Erm, what do you mean "no ability" to keep playing with the same people? Just start a party, and send party invites to friends and recent players, and a group of you can go from game to game to game until you fall asleep with the controller in your numb hands. A bud and I have been doing it all week long, and I've already found a great group of people to play with continually. I think it's brilliant. You can also form, and/or join, a clan as in RS3:BA.

As for the "long waits" -- I don't find they're that long at all, and besides, at least you don't have to worry about the host dropping out and leaving you in the lurch, and you don't have to go hopping from room to room looking for a suitable match-up. You get in, you spend more time playing with less hassle than anything else on Live.

I've played plenty of Black Arrow online, and unless I'm missing something (always a possibility in my case!), I'm not sure what functionality it has that you're missing in Halo 2. I think the matchmaking is a wonderful implementation -- best on all of Live, and much better than RS3.

==\dub/==
post #157 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally posted by mastahkaz
Matchmaking is now MUCH faster. At least in the Rumble Pit. Some people are complaining about more lag now though, as its believed Bungie got rid of some of the stuff that searches for optimized connections to speed up the matchmaking process.
Well thank you impatient people! I was not at all unhappy with waiting a few min for a lag free game. Been too busy to play all week and now I have lag to look forward to this weekend...

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #158 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GS kid
Did Bungie set up Halo 2 to look on the HD for patch updates upon game boot up and use them? That must be the case with R6 and UT. Otherwise, explain how it can be done!?!?:rolleyes:
Yes, they have. And yes, that's what's being done, as was the case with Rainbow Six and Unreal (starting well over a year ago). Admittedly, patching core code is a difficult and novel concept to grasp for the console world, but it is the reality, at least in the case of the Xbox.

Also, updates don't necessarily need to be delivered via Live; it's possible they could issue a fix on a separate disc, possibly distributed to game outlets or via the Official Xbox Magazine demo disc.

==\dub/==
post #159 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankJ.Cone
Well thank you impatient people! I was not at all unhappy with waiting a few min for a lag free game. Been too busy to play all week and now I have lag to look forward to this weekend...
I played online for about five straight hours last night (until about Midnight, central U.S.), and didn't notice any lag at all. Either I was the exception, or the folks with the lag were, but there's my anecdotal $.02.

==\dub/==
post #160 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

In the beginning...~ 9:00 pm EST there was considerable lag....it was ridiculous. One second I would be blasting someone from the turret on the warthog...the next no where to be seen.

It was quite frustrating (I think odin was driving or masterchief1, can't recall).

Be that as it may...I'll be on again tonight.
post #161 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

yeah, i got some bad lag last night too. It was crazy, all the vehicles were just flying all over the map spinning around and stuff. I was like WTF. Then I ran around and noticed I couldnt find anyone. So I quit the game and went back in and i was funning fine.
post #162 of 162 Old 11-19-2004, 10:22 AM

Surprisingly enough, it seems like my lag was pretty much gone for a change in last night's game. Usually I end up having 1 red bar. Hopefully it didn't switch me to be the host for you guys, hehhhehhe.
My apologies for almost TKing my teammate on the map before most of us quit. I saw that Banshee buzzing my ghost (or whatever the floaty land vehicle is) and panicked.
Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page