post #31 of 36 Old 12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by N8DOGG
if it really was a madden screen shot,isn't the ps3 supposed to be leaps and bounds ahead of xbox2? and am i the only one that hoped the xbox2 if it was would look better than than? if thats what it will look like ill be dissapointed, i guess i was expecting more from all the hype.
WOW, you have some hefty expectations!!!:eek:

Don't think of it as screendoor, it's more like an infinite game of tic tac toe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
rto
AVS Special Member

Yeah, and the "emotion engine" was going to be capable of delivering "Toy Story" quality graphics in real-time, remember? Now it's "Cell". I'll believe the hype *if* the new consoles actually deliver on what they promise, and not before seeing actual, independently verified game play footage.
post #33 of 36 Old 12-08-2004, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Every time the discussion begins about a new console coming out and the hyperbole starts flowing about the newest graphic technology and discussions like this one brew -with those either enamored with, or degrading the upcoming units, I try to remember myself twenty years ago "playing" games on my Commodore 64, later on a friends Intellivision, then on my Coleco Vision, Atari 2600, -(pre 4600), Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and so on and so forth...

I had just as much fun with the text driven or basic video games of my youth. As long as the new games have decent playability, I'm happy, but it is hard to not get caught up in just the graphics.

It also seems to me that what is lost more and more is our (our childrens) imagination when these graphical enhancements continue to increase over time. I can just remember how much fun it was to picture IN MY HEAD what I was playing. Of course, after puberty, my vivid imagination came in handy as well :)

Jasman
post #34 of 36 Old 12-08-2004, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I very much doubt that ANY console will come out with the ability to give you those graphics realtime. You really have to look at what's out now and be prepared to see that in your future consoles. Remember, at this point in time the Xbox2 has already been spec'ed out and logistics are being worked out as far as production and supply issues. I HIGHLY doubt that there's a guy some where saying "Let's try this graphic chip-set" at this point in time. PS3 MAYBE and that's a BIG maybe. But xbox2 is 99.9 percent set in stone at this point.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #35 of 36 Old 12-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

Lol you old timers and game quality people crack me up.;)

lets see this
http://www.vgmuseum.com/reviews/nes/rad/
http://www.vgmuseum.com/reviews/nes/rad/4.gif

or this

http://home.comcast.net/~cindy0779/w...6/site1041.jpg

I choose the latter:D
post #36 of 36 Old 12-08-2004, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hey I'm a graphics man as well. I can appreciate a nice pair of bits!

Acheemmm,

No really, I think the graphics these days are awesome and I'll be one of the first pre-ordering XBOXNEXT or whatever there calling it, primarily based on the increased graphical strides.

I just see the two potential downsides:
1) More focus/time/money spent (intentionally or nessessary) to create the graphical detail available by the new system lengthens the time to completion of a game, or game is not properly debugged, or playability lacks.

2) I know this sounds stupid - kids growing up more and more not using their imagination, thus stunting their creative side or brain/social development.

Otherwise, I'm all for making the world come alive with photo-realistic video games!

Jasman
Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page