Wireless xbox Headset options? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 12-16-2004, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know a few different options were supposed to come out soon and I was wondering which one is the cheapest/ or best value. I saw the logitech one at circuit city this past week but it was $80!!! no way am i going to pay that.. i was hoping more in the $40 or under range. Anyone have any info?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-16-2004, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I agree, that price is pretty high; but the cool thing about the Logitech is that it WILL work with Xbox Live! Sorry, I don't know about any of the others.

Logitech Cordless Headset

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a...
post #3 of 26 Old 12-16-2004, 12:45 PM

Nope, that's pretty much it. I've heard of people making minor changes to generic wireless headsets to use with live.

So... Humans have easily injured knees... My race will find this information very useful indeed! Muhuhahahaha!
post #4 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 06:32 AM

Computers4Sure has it for $60 with free shipping. But, as of now, they show none in stock.

http://www.computers4sure.com/produc...074301&iid=328
post #5 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

I tried that Logitech one; didn't like it. Perhaps I had a lemon, but it was too quiet, and kept transmitting noise even when I was silent. I'm waiting for an alternative.

Martin.
post #6 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I worry about these wirelss headsets and controllers messing with my wireless network since they are 2.4 gHz.

Anyone had problems with the wireless controllers, etc and their network?
post #7 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 11:04 AM

My brother got the Logitech wireless headset. He lives in Boston and I live in Chicago and when we play on Live now, his headset is definitely more noisy than the standard corded headsets. There is a bit of static even when he isn't saying anything and you can hear a lot more background noise (his wife talking on the phone, dogs barking, etc). But, he says he likes it. He now wants to get a wireless controller to have total freedom of movement.
post #8 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowX
My brother got the Logitech wireless headset. He lives in Boston and I live in Chicago and when we play on Live now, his headset is definitely more noisy than the standard corded headsets. There is a bit of static even when he isn't saying anything and you can hear a lot more background noise (his wife talking on the phone, dogs barking, etc). But, he says he likes it. He now wants to get a wireless controller to have total freedom of movement.
Ugh. OK if this is true then count me out of the wireless headset game for a while.

Can you imagine a 16 player game on LIVE with wireless noisy headsets with dogs barking static others talking feedback from other players TV volume, etc etc?
post #9 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Not only would the background noise be annoying, it could potentially give away your postion. When hunting down people on Live (Rainbow six 3, Halo 2), I've often been alerted to their postions, because of their headset broadcasting a burst of static, or their heavy breathing, etc.
post #10 of 26 Old 12-17-2004, 06:20 PM

I can confirm this, a member of our clan has the Logitech, and it's so incredibly noisy when we're in the lobby it makes me wonder why they would even bother releasing this to the market - it's that terrible.

To make a comparison: If the Xbox Live were a crystal clear CD, the Logitech would be a CB Radio with bad reception.

There's absolutely no reason to get one unless you absolutely, without a doubt, have a hatred for that cord going to your comm.
post #11 of 26 Old 12-18-2004, 09:18 PM

I've got the logitech, and i love it. There was absolutely no way for me to have a corded headset, because i am about 25 feet from my Xbox, and I have a wireless controller. I have never had anyone complain about my headset being staticy or anything. Also, mine is plenty loud. I usually have it a few clicks below max. To me, max is unbearably loud. I would definately recommend it to anyone.

-Ryan
post #12 of 26 Old 12-19-2004, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

picked this up for $59 from superduperclub.com , i can't wait to get it. i've got wireless controllers, and no headset. the logitech is a godsend. i'll report back about any negatives.

"Everybody thinks they have a sense of humor, even if they don't."
post #13 of 26 Old 12-22-2004, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Even at 25 feet you could have a corded controller...that is why they make extensions.

Your Wireless headset probably will not interfere with your network. There are several channels with a particular band. I have 2.4 ghz phones..they don't interfere with my x-box gaming via wireless network.
post #14 of 26 Old 12-23-2004, 04:57 AM

Speaking of controller extensions...anyone know of where I can get one that is more than 6' long? I actually bought two 6' cords thinking I could just connect them together to make a 12' extension, but that didn't work. The ones I bought (and the only ones I've seen) actually replaces just the end of the normal cord that plugs into the Xbox (the normal short cord that is built to break away). So, one end has the small cable break-away connector and the other end has the Xbox connector (that plugs right into the controller port on the Xbox). So, there is no way to actually hook up two of these together.

So, if anyone knows of a company that either makes a long extension (10' or so would be perfect) or extensions that can be combined, please let me know.
post #15 of 26 Old 12-25-2004, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Any news of new wireless mics. I just got all wireless controllers and need a matching mic.

Chris
post #16 of 26 Old 12-25-2004, 10:09 PM

I recently received a Logitech wireless Xbox controller and absolutely love it! The only problem of course is I can't use it on Live unless I get a wireless headset now. :(

Of course the Logitech is available at $80 and it certainly looks the business:

http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts..._headset_1.jpg

...but everything I read about it is about a 50/50 split pros & cons. The only other one available right now is the Nyko 81440:

http://electrogalaxy.dtopinc.com/cat...s/nyk81440.jpg

Which can usually be had for about $40 online. At half the price, I'm tempted however I have yet to see any kind of review for it anwhere. Then it February, Hip Gear will release their Hip Live Wireless set:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/pr...es/239525x.jpg

That's all I know of at this time. Hopefully I can hold out till that one comes out and by then, maybe have some reviews of the Nyco one so as I can make a somewhat educated decision.
post #17 of 26 Old 12-26-2004, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, does it really have to be a headset? I noticed in XBN an ad for a device that plugs into the controller that sports a speaker and microphone. I would think that if you could just live with the voices coming through speakers then a controller-mounted microphone could work fairly well.

When will D* stop pushing HD-Lite while charging us for full HD? Digital input on a CRT is a reality, not a possibility.
post #18 of 26 Old 12-26-2004, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
That would be a little hard considering the plugs for my wireless controller are 10 feet away.
post #19 of 26 Old 12-26-2004, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I can't find the Nyco 81440 online through google or yahoo is that the right name?

Chris
post #20 of 26 Old 12-26-2004, 01:49 PM

My bad, I spelled it wrong. It's actually Nyko. :o

Quote:
Originally posted by TheFerret
Well, does it really have to be a headset? I noticed in XBN an ad for a device that plugs into the controller that sports a speaker and microphone. I would think that if you could just live with the voices coming through speakers then a controller-mounted microphone could work fairly well.
Another Nyko product, that's the SpeakerCom;

http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdIm...2/22607154.JPG

Not usable with a Logitech wireless controller for the same reason you can't use a regular headset. It needs to plug into a memory card port which is located on the base/reciever & not the controller.
post #21 of 26 Old 12-26-2004, 11:11 PM

I got the nyko speakercom as one of my Christmas gifts and have to say I'm not very impressed. The fact that you have to push a button every time you speak; and two buttons to speak to your team in the case of halo2, is all a nuisance and cumbersome. The speaker quality is also less than stellar.
post #22 of 26 Old 12-27-2004, 05:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

scrubsr1, some people actually like having to 'press the button to speak' in order to not have to press a buttton to not be heard. Have you tried to send the incoming audio to your regular speakers?

When will D* stop pushing HD-Lite while charging us for full HD? Digital input on a CRT is a reality, not a possibility.
post #23 of 26 Old 12-27-2004, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

What about the BT200 I think bluetooth mic, I've heard of one person who got it to work, has anybody else tried? The Nyko is out of stock everywhere.

So If I bought this http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ memorysuppliers/jafrbtfornon.html

(take out the three spaces so it will work...)

Would work with xbox live and a computer?

I suppose I'm most confussed by the 2.5 mm adp. I can get BT200 on ebay for 40 some dollars + shipping but what adp. would I need?

Chris
post #24 of 26 Old 12-27-2004, 04:08 PM

Quote:
What about the BT200 I think bluetooth mic, I've heard of one person who got it to work, has anybody else tried?
It works great. I use it with my cell phone and with my Logitech wireless controller. Just plug the "adapter" into the Live connector in the controller receiver and the earpiece goes with you and your controller. I sit about 12' away from my HT setup where my XBOX is located.

From what I can tell in the documentation on the Freespeak, it looks like the earpiece can be connected to any compatable bluetooth device, although you would have to match it up each time you switched devices.
post #25 of 26 Old 12-27-2004, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the feedback

So can I just get the package or do I have to buy A210 adapter.

What did you do to make yours get to work, and if you got a good deal can you PM where you got it?

Thanks
Chris
post #26 of 26 Old 12-28-2004, 02:47 PM

The Freespeak comes with the adapter. The 2.5mm plug on the adapter goes directly into the Live connector on the controller base unit.

I happened to pick mine up on a closeout at CompUSA (since I use it on my cell phone at work, I was able to get reimbursed for the cost).
Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page