Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 47 Old 12-17-2004, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Correction - I have only heard that it was 2 player co-op - but maybe that is incorrect - OR you can have 2 players and guests as well (?)

Not sure - but the Doom 3 trailer looks sooooo awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 12-17-2004, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pcrx
ShadowX -

I do believe Doom 3 is confirmed to have online co-op for 2 players over live.

I am looking very forward to that experience. It is the biggenst hole in Halo 2 - as the campaign mode is truly a game that is best enjoyed with a friend - split screen was cool, LAN co-op was even cooler, but LIVE co-op would have put as the "gold standard" LIVE game.

Bungie really dropped the ball on that one.
Lan Co-op? Did you get a different version of the game than I did?

I agree about the co-op mode, my neighbor and I finished it together, but we had to do it split screen because there was no LAN co-op. We're on the same wireless network and even got a few lan games going, but every time we chose co-op, it said that it required two players on the same xbox.

We chalked this up to the networking portion of the game being unable to successsfully track the amount of NPCs and their weapons over the network.

Let me know if you somehow got lan co-op to work because we're both replaying the game on heroic separately.
post #33 of 47 Old 12-17-2004, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Buji,

Sorry my mistake - meant to say LAN party games (not co-op over LAN)

DOH!
post #34 of 47 Old 12-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just a thought, which is just me hoping, but wouldn't it be possible that bungie already has halo 3 mostly done. I mean it took 3 yrs to make halo 2. So I was thinking maybe they took that long to make a really big game and just split it into two games to make more money off it. Most of the recent epic movies IE:the matrix 2 & 3 and the lord of the rings were mostly shot all at once and then split into seperate movies. So maybe bungie followed that plan. If this is possible then maybe bungie is tweaking halo 3 for the launch of Xbox 2. Of course if they listened to half of the people the have been crying over how much halo 2's single player mode sucked then we have a while to wait while they start from ground zero.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #35 of 47 Old 12-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

finally sat down and played some more halo 2; legendary style. :)

wow, i didn't think it would be THAT much harder than heroic. but, i'm a RTS (real time strategy) kinda guy and FPS games are not my strong point.

i'm on cairo w/ the boarding party. there are covenant everywhere. much more than the heroic level. they just keep coming through that ship, and it seems that it will never end? i'm running out of ammo every time.
post #36 of 47 Old 12-17-2004, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I cannot get past the first level on Legendary. Yes it IS that hard AND I suck THAT BAD!!

LOL

Have made it quite a ways on Heroic though..........takes me while but eventually......

:)
post #37 of 47 Old 12-18-2004, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cstmstyle
... If this is possible then maybe bungie is tweaking halo 3 for the launch of Xbox 2...
That's what I'm thinking too...
Launching an xbox without a halo title will feel like a nintento launch without a mario title.

I hope MS learned from Nintendo's GC fumble. (no mario title at launch)
post #38 of 47 Old 12-18-2004, 03:16 PM

Except I think Mario is getting weak as far as a must have whereas Halo is still pretty fresh. IMO of course.
Nintendo's problem is too small of an amount of titles and stale characters.
post #39 of 47 Old 12-19-2004, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
I cannot get past the first level on Legendary. Yes it IS that hard AND I suck THAT BAD!!

LOL

Have made it quite a ways on Heroic though..........takes me while but eventually......

:)
Don't know if I would agree that just because a game is harder that it's better. It usually means you have to sharpen up your tactics a bit more, save a few more times, and for consoles, improve your thumb dexterity.:) If the gameplay elements and graphics don't grab you then, "That's all there is." After finishing Far Cry, Doom3, and HL2 this year I think Halo2 was bound to suffer in comparison as a gaming experience.

Jim
post #40 of 47 Old 12-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

still, it's unfair to say a game 'sucks' if it was beat on an easy level. that's like saying the basketball game wasn't fun when you played against people half your skill level.

i agree that legendary simply does not make it better. i disagree with criticizing the single player campaign unless it was completed on (at least) the heroic setting.

i still believe the default radar on multiplayer is the single worst thing about the game. it ruins the multiplayer for me. the biggest gripe in halo 1 multiplayer was when someone turned the radar on. there are many times where i've been slain by someone camping and watching the radar. i think the radar SUCKS. multiplayer should add a difficulty and dimension greater than that of the single player. one key to that dimension is taking away the radar. i like to rely on good surround sound to locate the action, and not a dot on the screen. :(
post #41 of 47 Old 12-20-2004, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
ShadowX -

I do believe Doom 3 is confirmed to have online co-op for 2 players over live.

I am looking very forward to that experience. It is the biggenst hole in Halo 2 - as the campaign mode is truly a game that is best enjoyed with a friend - split screen was cool, LAN parties were cooler, but LIVE co-op would have put as the "gold standard" LIVE game.

Bungie really dropped the ball on that one.

Yep.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a...
post #42 of 47 Old 12-20-2004, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Angel
Ninja Gaiden on VERY HARD or in Hurricane Pack?
Hehe, I haven't made it past Alma on NORMAL yet, so I wouldn't know about VERY HARD or the Hurricane Pack. All I can tell you is that a friend and I spent no less than 3 hours getting to the first save point on Halo 2 in co-op mode.

Oh no, maybe I suck. :eek:

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a...
post #43 of 47 Old 12-25-2004, 12:30 AM

The entire third act of the plot is missing beacuse Bungie developers still had not finished it and they refused to delay release again and miss Xmas shopping season. Hence the abrupt ending. There is a lot of speculation as to it being in downloadable content or an expansion pack realeased on Feb 9th 2005. As you finish the game watch the credits roll. At end it says "Coming Feb 9th" or something like that.

Get in a good clan and play big team battles, it makes a world of difference. I loved Star Wars battlefront but hated the snotty and nasty players who scream and shoot friendlies for fun. I don't have that problem in Halo since we only invite players who are serious about winning as a team. It's a very different experence in non-clan team games when you get teamed up with lots of jerks and brats using a 2 month trial specifically so they can act like A*Holes without being held accountable.

Skids
post #44 of 47 Old 12-25-2004, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally posted by skids
The entire third act of the plot is missing beacuse Bungie developers still had not finished it and they refused to delay release again and miss Xmas shopping season. Hence the abrupt ending. There is a lot of speculation as to it being in downloadable content or an expansion pack realeased on Feb 9th 2005. As you finish the game watch the credits roll. At end it says "Coming Feb 9th" or something like that.
The February 9th bit is a total rumor, and Bungie themselves shot that one down. However, I did read in the Official XBOX magazine that the third act was indeed intentionally omitted, but what happens with it is indeed a subject of much speculation.

Frankly, I think the most sensible way to go would be for Bungie to use it as a jump-start towards the next Halo installment on XBOX Next. Each bit of Halo in-game plot is a precious gem, in Bungie's perspective, and I can't see them "wasting" it on a D/L content. Bungie/Halo fanatics would go for it, but in the wake of the Halo 2 frenzy, I can see it getting lost in the noise.

However, I could very well see it as some part of the XBOX Next launch. Microsoft knows a Halo title would move hardware, and I bet they already have a plan for XBOX Next that includes a Halo title. Since Bungie runs a very, very tight ship, I bet they could keep something like this a secret for as long as possible.

We can only hope!

Gamertag: HeartbreakRidge

Enjoy a quality XBOX Live Experience with the folks at Adult Gaming Enthusiasts !
post #45 of 47 Old 12-26-2004, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HangEmHi
However, I could very well see it as some part of the XBOX Next launch. Microsoft knows a Halo title would move hardware, and I bet they already have a plan for XBOX Next that includes a Halo title. Since Bungie runs a very, very tight ship, I bet they could keep something like this a secret for as long as possible.

We can only hope!

I think you're right. I find it unimaginable that they won't release Halo2 for the Xbox Next. It would be a great way to pimp the new platform.

post #46 of 47 Old 12-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Hmm.... well I too have been underwhelmed by Halo 2. The graphics are alright, but the characters look like they're wax. Most levels are WAY too dark. There is tons of pop up and pop-in. Co-op play is side by side rather than up and down (that is unless you want to turn off your Xbox's widescreen). Live takes WAY too long to get a game going. You can't see what game you're going to participate in until you wait for a minute or so as the matchmaking system is "working".

However, the sound is amazingly cool. The story is good (until the end). And the game is fun. Just I was expecting something more polished than what was provided.
post #47 of 47 Old 12-29-2004, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Side by side co-op! Love it! :D :D :D
Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page