HL2 Crosshair Color - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-25-2004, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This will be an uninteresting question to most, but has anybody figured out a way to change the crosshair color in HL2?
There is no option in the menu and I searched the Steam forums and only came up with some convoluted ways of doing this. Nothing as simple as a console command.
The pale yellow default crosshairs all but disappear against many backgrounds in the game which makes aiming difficult. i can't believe such a fundamental option was left out. It appears you can't change the color or type of crosshair. That's retarded. Anyone know a way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2004, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I agree the yellow is almost invisible and useless at times, so much that I am aiming at the sky..lol...I know you can change it, I have it set to red and it is way improved.
I just went through and looked and I was half right. You can change it but only for Counter Strike Source, not for Half Life 2 and not for HL2 Deathmatch. They need a patch for Half Life 2 so you can change it.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Glad I wasn't missing something obvious, but this is really annoying and can't believe they haven't gotten more grief about it. Here's hoping for a simple patch.